BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  31
Author: Subject: 'Double Wall Barrier' talk - Will GOP immigration rhetoric cost Latino votes?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 01:35 PM
Lebanese and Otras ?

No Se ?

WHAT Mick is it offering financial wisdom ?

Take care there since, when listening to a Son of Erin, it's likely guaranteed NOT to be SOBER advice.

As to the Camel-Jockey Counsel, since we KNOW that's not Joe, no worries.

In fact, NOBODY is Joe. Whatever he IS, he ISN'T. Just ask.

Start by asking Jihad E. Salman in Temple City who Joe is. Or, Mazen, Haifa, Bahige, Faisal.

They won't know either.

Joe is only a Vaporous Chimera created from many "grotesquely disparate" sub-human parts.

Or, so I heard.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

barry,
you approach is sound, but you are probably in unique position with a govt pension to fall back on. most people don't have defined benefit pension plans to fall back on when wall st robber baron brokers game the market next time to fleece their clients.

nothing like selling mortgage-backed securities to your investment clients at same time you are betting on the securities to fail -- real win-win scenario there!

Thanks, Goat----I appreciate that.

Yes, we each have very different circumstances, but I hope I never have to live off my Fed. pension alone ($1,423 net per month) as I get no Social Sec., and my wife's SS is only about $433 a month.

It's funny, I never faulted that "win-win" situation you refer too, with I think Goldman------it's called "hedging your bets" and it never surprised or upset me that they could be making moves to recoup losses in specific instruments while they sold those same instruments based on them making money for their clients----A bank will sell what the clients want, but they have to protect themselves also-------tis the nature of the Banking business, and makes good sense (tho it does "look bad" to the lay-person, apparently). Again, it was a "hedge" (i.e. protection )------and many do it, including me. I only invest in Gold long-term as a Hedge to help stableize my portfolio, not really to make money------worked good lately. In unstable Markets you HAVE to assume anything might happen, and prepare regardless of what "you think" will happen. Right??

barry
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 03:04 PM

I wouldn't exactly call what Goldman Sach did was hedging it's bets. What it did was cover it's rear end while it sold some of it's best customers crap that it knew was toxic. The crime was not disclosing that information to it's clients.

These banksters belong in jail, but instead they only got their wrists slapped for show:

Here's the CliffsNotes version of the scandal: Back in 2007, Harvard-educated hedge-fund whiz John Paulson (no relation to then-Treasury secretary and former Goldman chief Hank Paulson) smartly decided the housing boom was a mirage. So he asked Goldman to put together a multibillion-dollar basket of crappy subprime investments that he could bet against. The bank gladly complied, taking a $15 million fee to do the deal and letting Paulson choose some of the toxic mortgages in the portfolio, which would come to be called Abacus.

Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail?

What Paulson jammed into Abacus was mortgages lent to borrowers with low credit ratings, and mortgages from states like Florida, Arizona, Nevada and California that had recently seen wild home-price spikes. In metaphorical terms, Paulson was choosing, as sexual partners for future visitors to the Goldman bordello, a gang of IV drug users, Haitians and hemophiliacs, then buying life-insurance policies on the whole orgy. Goldman then turned around and sold this poisonous stuff to its customers as good, healthy investments.

Where Goldman broke the rules, according to the SEC, was in failing to disclose to its customers – in particular a German bank called IKB and a Dutch bank called ABN-AMRO – the full nature of Paulson's involvement with the deal. Neither investor knew that the portfolio they were buying into had essentially been put together by a financial arsonist who was rooting for it all to blow up.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-feds-vs-goldma...
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 04:03 PM

--------and Goldman's side of the story is (????????)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

legal, but morally indefensible

moral of the story: never trust advice from broker, they have no fiduciary duty to you.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 05:10 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm, Goat, maybe you are right. Never used a "broker" so don't really know.

Moral: "Beware the brokers in our lives", I guess. :tumble:

Sometimes I think a tiny few of NOMADS are that way, too. :lol:

barry
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 05:53 PM

Quote:

"It's the profits stupid"

The purpose of Corporations is to make money. period

The only protection consumers have it the legitimate role of the government to regulate these Corporations. period

Pretty simple really.

Iflyfish
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 06:17 PM

Quote:

Barry, Barry, Barry. This Goldman Sach's story has been told over and over and over again. Where have you been? You sound like this is the first time you have heard this.

Maybe you need to hear Bernie Madoff's side of the story, or Kenneth Lay's side of the story? I don't know, maybe you need to hear Charlie Manson's side of the story before you can use your oh so deliberative judgement on what has been common knowledge to both sides of the liberal to right wing spectrum.

First you posit excuse after excuse not to study the issues, hide behind ignorance, then you pop off with this inane response. Unbelieveable!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
Quote:

Barry, Barry, Barry. This Goldman Sach's story has been told over and over and over again. Where have you been? You sound like this is the first time you have heard this.

Maybe you need to hear Bernie Madoff's side of the story, or Kenneth Lay's side of the story? I don't know, maybe you need to hear Charlie Manson's side of the story before you can use your oh so deliberative judgement on what has been common knowledge to both sides of the liberal to right wing spectrum.

First you posit excuse after excuse not to study the issues, hide behind ignorance, then you pop off with this inane response. Unbelieveable!

Yes, I ALWAYS want to hear both sides of the story before I make up my mind-------my legal training, I suppose, and a pre-disposition that way. I read HELTER-SKELTER to understand what the "Manson" situation of all about, etc. etc..

My point, Mitch, is that both sides of a story should IMO be presented when there is an accusation, especially of this magnitude and nastiness!!! Yes, I have long known the "story" (duh) and there IS a Goldman side of all this--------you, and millions of others may not like or except that story, but it DOES exist. I heard it, and yes, I believe that it is plausable and understandable what Goldman did. That does not meen I condone it, but it CERTAINLY is not the abomination that most seem willing to believe.

This "thread" is long overdue for being moved over into OT if you ask me, and I am mostly responsible for that. We are just head-butting now, it seems to me.

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 06:37 AM
happy halloween!

Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 06:43 AM

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 07:17 AM

MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 10:23 AM

Goat, you're the man.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Goat, you're the man.

Maybe, but he is the "sick man" for sure.

I wish all the OWS protestors were as peaceful as that confused beauty tending her pumpkins.

Barry
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 11:24 AM

While, characteristically, you have no knowledge of whether or not the young lady is confused about anything, you voluntarily choose to disparage and undermine her peaceful expression; that's a kind of malice, Barry.

However, there's no confusion about the right wing's selfish undemocratic 'wish' that OWS protesters be muted, softly and silently pack up and go away instead of their emphasizing and publicly pointing out and condemning the immoral greed of those certain Wall Streeters that nearly caused the total collapse of the financial sector and the nation's economy.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 11:56 AM

Mitch: Your words are as full of Bull Puckey as you are!!

The Economy of this Great County has not Collapsed!!!

The Financial Sector is still in Great Shape!! There is a small Blub in the Housing Sector, Loan markets etc.

I donot Wish that anything happens to the Dumb Nuts trying to make a poit as Wall Street Occupants!
They do not have the brains or Guts to get anything accumished in their Childess ways.!

Poor Peaceful Expression{ Throw Rocks and Dirt, and spitting on Policemen}They should all be Soundley Whipped in the public Square and sent Home to their Mothers.!!!

Skeet
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 11:58 AM

http://tinyurl.com/4ywhhl3

64 year old janator laid, off with prostrate cancer.... should any consideration be given to an American citizen... before and illegal immigarant... just asking...

Would appear to me... this guy should be first in the line... drop the Dream Act... for the Government payment to illegal's for college's degree's ... and give this poor bastard some help...

:):)

[Edited on 11-1-2011 by wessongroup]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 12:02 PM
skeet, what is your advice to this guy?

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Mitch: Your words are as full of Bull Puckey as you are!!

The Economy of this Great County has not Collapsed!!!

The Financial Sector is still in Great Shape!! There is a small Blub in the Housing Sector, Loan markets etc.

I donot Wish that anything happens to the Dumb Nuts trying to make a poit as Wall Street Occupants!
They do not have the brains or Guts to get anything accumished in their Childess ways.!

Poor Peaceful Expression{ Throw Rocks and Dirt, and spitting on Policemen}They should all be Soundley Whipped in the public Square and sent Home to their Mothers.!!!

Skeet

what about this protester, skeet?

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
While, characteristically, you have no knowledge of whether or not the young lady is confused about anything, you voluntarily choose to disparage and undermine her peaceful expression; that's a kind of malice, Barry.

However, there's no confusion about the right wing's selfish undemocratic 'wish' that OWS protesters be muted, softly and silently pack up and go away instead of their emphasizing and publicly pointing out and condemning the immoral greed of those certain Wall Streeters that nearly caused the total collapse of the financial sector and the nation's economy.

The "pot calling the kettle black"???

I intended no "malice"----you are "assuming" that, which in itself is a negative reaction. I in no way "disparage" or "undermine" that peaceful young lady------to the contrary, it is a beautiful picture.

I have eyes, Mitch---------and I see her there in the picture & am making an assumption since she obviously is a OWS--------in my opinion, she would not be there unless she is "confused". I know of no "right wingers" that are calling for "muting" the OWS protestors, NONE!! Where you getting that one, Mitch? ( or are you just assuming that one?). I actually don't have any opinion of the OWS folks other than I mostly don't agree with much of what they are yelling, and I generally personally don't like these types of demonstrations, but in no way want them to lose their rights to do it. I do wish they would think ahead and clean up (litterally) their act tho.

Cheers, Barry
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 12:34 PM

Goat;

It is plain and simple: He is a Liar with a Trumped up set of Bull Puckey. Printed on a sign that the media will pick up and spread around. Goat you should know better thatn to beleive all the Puckey that is trown about.
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  31

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.