BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  27
Author: Subject: DENNIS is in the hospital.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 05:10 PM
COSTCO

Buy the least expensive 15.6 inch screen laptop. It should already have an internet program, and they usually come with a 30 day free subscription to a word processing and security program. Can upgrade those programs lon line later.

KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 05:12 PM

Hey Dr. J.....:yes:
Can I chip in $50 bucks for that?? I can meet you somewhere in San Diego tomorrow to give it to you..

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 05:23 PM

Nah...Dennis doesn't need money. Especially living in Mexico, everything is cheap cheap cheap....especially the nurses!!!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 05:25 PM
Computer

Somebody just told me that anything less than a 17 inch would have a keyboard that was too small.
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Buy the least expensive 15.6 inch screen laptop. It should already have an internet program, and they usually come with a 30 day free subscription to a word processing and security program. Can upgrade those programs lon line later.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 05:42 PM

Wal-Mart is where I went for this Compaq-CQ57 in December for $298.00

It has Windows 7, Internet Explorer, WI-fi, and the Microsoft Office starter program. 15.6" screen, a decent keyboard, screechy speakers, and about a 4 hour battery life online. If you want to blow some extra money, do it for an 8GB RAM upgrade. The computer has a built in camera.
I got a 2000 mw ALFA USB antenna amplifier. WOW! (plug it in, run the mini CD ROM) and away you go. I would check to see if his care facility has WI-fi though. Sure would be a big disappointment after getting a laptop lined out if he had no connection.

Another gift idea is a mattress topper. A memory foam job from Costco. If a lot of time is spent in bed, a mattress can really become a plus or minus. Same for pillows. Loan him some books about Baja, ones with lots of photos.

Give him the tools to help him help himself, and I guarantee you miracles will happen. And for christ sake think about things that can help him do stuff like go to the bathroom. The smallest gain is a world beater. It leads to gain number 2 then three, then...

NATURALLY SPEAKING is supposed to be a good hands off typing program

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 05:45 PM
Thanks David

Your suggestions are wonderful, thank you David. Yes the facility has Wi Fi. That's how he is reading everyone's posts.
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Wal-Mart is where I went for this Compaq-CQ57 in December for $298.00

It has Windows 7, Internet Explorer, WI-fi, and the Microsoft Office starter program. 15.6" screen, a decent keyboard, screechy speakers, and about a 4 hour battery life online. If you want to blow some extra money, do it for an 8GB RAM upgrade. The computer has a built in camera.
I got a 2000 mw ALFA USB antenna amplifier. WOW! (plug it in, run the mini CD ROM) and away you go. I would check to see if his care facility has WI-fi though. Sure would be a big disappointment after getting a laptop lined out if he had no connection.

Another gift idea is a mattress topper. A memory foam job from Costco. If a lot of time is spent in bed, a mattress can really become a plus or minus. Same for pillows. Loan him some books about Baja, ones with lots of photos.

Give him the tools to help him help himself, and I guarantee you miracles will happen. And for christ sake think about things that can help him do stuff like go to the bathroom. The smallest gain is a world beater. It leads to gain number 2 then three, then...

NATURALLY SPEAKING is supposed to be a good hands off typing program

[Edited on 6-27-2012 by EnsenadaDr]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 05:59 PM

he can have mine, the music button still works!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 06:01 PM

Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

:lol::lol::lol:

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 06:03 PM

Quote:

Damn, I gotta get me one of those keyboards! And one for Skeeter while I'm at it!

:lol::lol::lol:

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 06:13 PM

WalMart has this loaded HP notebook with a 17.3"screen for only $397.00 - Really quite a deal right now.

HP Refurbished Charcoal Gray 17.3" g7-1329WM Laptop PC with AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M Accelerated Processor

estebanis
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
WalMart has this loaded HP notebook with a 17.3"screen for only $397.00 - Really quite a deal right now.

HP Refurbished Charcoal Gray 17.3" g7-1329WM Laptop PC with AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M Accelerated Processor

That looks like a great deal!
Esteban
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by estebanis
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

That looks like a great deal!
Esteban

It is - probably a good idea to check which store has any left at this great price...

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 06:31 PM

OK Ron I will make some calls as I head up tomorrow to the States. Thanks so much, looks like a great deal.

[Edited on 6-27-2012 by EnsenadaDr]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 06:44 PM
Check Wal-Mart

That may not be available in certain stores as a walk in purchase.

Click on the link and play around with San Diego area store locations/zip codes to see if the store has any for in stock purchases instead of ordering it.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 07:06 PM

I will call WalMarts in the area and ask the electronics department before I go in to the store.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 07:43 PM
A Thought to Ponder for all Trusting Nomads..

QUESTION: What is the difference between Americans that live in the U.S. and American expats that live in Mexico?

ANSWER: North of the Border, you are innocent until proven guilty; South of the Border, you are guilty until proven innocent.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 07:48 PM

let it go. there were valid points coming from both sides of the border. we all just want the best for D.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 07:51 PM
north/south?

O.K. That depends..in calif. if you get a traffic ticket. your guilty !! unless you want spend all day at the court house and then they delay you over for the next day !!....................question..whats the differince between god & a traffic cop ?.....A...god dosnt think he is a traffic cop!! :lol: K & T :cool:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 07:52 PM

ANSWER: housing is ridiculous cheap
you have freedom here only dreamed about NOB
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 07:53 PM
aint nthat the truth !!

Quote:
ANSWER: housing is ridiculous cheap
you have freedom here only dreamed about NOB
and it used to be free !! NOW it land of the FEE !! K&T
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.