Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
I am in Rosarito Beach right now and put a poster in the lobby of the hotel. We are here for the Mariachi Ballet and Folklorico. Nobody has talked my leg off but if he shows for any of the Mariachi performances I have alerted the organizers.

See if you can get one into Rene's bar/restaurant.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 08:31 AM

The question has come up about Gary's general disposition and outlook on this journey he has taken. He left in good spirits with the family, has a nice apartment and enjoys life in general. The family did not encourage him to travel alone, this was his choice. Our family is very close with each other and Gary knows he can phone anyone, anytime and receive our support. His over health is good, with several prescriptions relating to heart issues, i.e. blood pressure. Our concern is possible disorientation and confusion due to lack of daily routine. The police are monitoring any withdrawals from his account, and at this time no activity. We are relieved whenever we receive sightings, but frustrated because he still has not contacted the family. We can't thank you enough for your continued search for Gary. We do have another close up photo of Gary to post, but we were not successful, could someone please explain how to upload this photo. thank you
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 08:33 AM

close up photo:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
The question has come up about Gary's general disposition and outlook on this journey he has taken. He left in good spirits with the family, has a nice apartment and enjoys life in general. The family did not encourage him to travel alone, this was his choice. Our family is very close with each other and Gary knows he can phone anyone, anytime and receive our support. His over health is good, with several prescriptions relating to heart issues, i.e. blood pressure. Our concern is possible disorientation and confusion due to lack of daily routine. The police are monitoring any withdrawals from his account, and at this time no activity. We are relieved whenever we receive sightings, but frustrated because he still has not contacted the family. We can't thank you enough for your continued search for Gary. We do have another close up photo of Gary to post, but we were not successful, could someone please explain how to upload this photo. thank you

Here is a copy and paste from David K's post:

"Attaching an image from your PC here requires it to be under 50 kb... and you are limited to the one photo per posting.

THERE IS AN EASY WAY TO POST BIGGER PHOTOS, and the file size isn't restricted, just the pixel width... as well as posting more than one picture per post here.

Join photobucket (free), create albums and upload your photos to the albums that you want to share here.

BEFORE uploading, click on: Customize your upload options and select 640x480 (nice size for most photos) or 800x600 (max size for Nomad, for max detail, such as maps).

Select the IMG link under your photo (move mouse on photo you want to post here), and copy that IMG link...

Paste that link here where you type on Nomad... you can type in text between photos,... and you can post multiple photos in one post.

Just pre select 800 pixels wide or smaller so the Nomad page isn't distorted by giant photos, as we sometimes see here."
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 08:41 AM

Thank you Blanca for uploading our photo, your timing was amazing.
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 08:48 AM

Thank you so much "Baja Parrothead" for the detailed directions for uploading photos. This has been an amazing group of people helping each other out.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 09:45 AM

I was hoping for some news on the possible sighting in Rosarito...have the family talked to the fellow who may have talked to him last week? Wouldnt it be fairly simple to confirm if this was him by showing his picture or the man describing him fully?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
close up photo:

Questions to the family, please:

Is Gary tall; more than 6 feet?
Is Gary a scuba diver, now or in the past?

I ask because the winter season is beginning here in Mulege and there are new "winter people" in town and the population grows significantly and fluxes during these coming cooler months.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 11:08 AM

Any contact between the family and tallartist that can be reported?
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
close up photo:

Resize-Wizard-1.jpg - 48kB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 11:43 AM

Much better, Deno. Good job.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Any contact between the family and tallartist that can be reported?

Quote:
Our sister-in-law Kim, has phoned Gretchen from the tallartist post on the sighting of Gary. We are so appreciative of her input and have passed this latest news to our family members.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 12:57 PM

Thanks Doug I did see that. That was posted over 24hrs ago.

Does the family feel (assumning they talked to tallartist) that tallartist actually made contact with Gary?

[Edited on 10-4-2013 by tripledigitken]
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 03:06 PM

In response to an inquiry, Gary is approx. 6' 2", and we don't remember Gary talking about scuba diving. I have not heard absolute confirmation from Gretchen that it was Gary she spoke to. It did sound like his mannerisms, talks a lot and speaks very fast. It still does not answer the question why he has not contacted the family. Gretchen saw Gary 1st. then the flyer, so she was not able to directly ask him to phone home. We continue to believe he has possibly lost track of time, including the month ! Kim has left a message for Gretchen for more info. on her contact, and is waiting for a response.
edm1
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
In response to an inquiry, Gary is approx. 6' 2", and we don't remember Gary talking about scuba diving. I have not heard absolute confirmation from Gretchen that it was Gary she spoke to. It did sound like his mannerisms, talks a lot and speaks very fast. It still does not answer the question why he has not contacted the family. Gretchen saw Gary 1st. then the flyer, so she was not able to directly ask him to phone home. We continue to believe he has possibly lost track of time, including the month ! Kim has left a message for Gretchen for more info. on her contact, and is waiting for a response.

What's the priority: finding him physically or finding out why he hasn't contacted family? I think most here are interested in helping with the former; I may be wrong.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Gretchen saw Gary 1st.

When? First of what?

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 05:00 PM

OK............ So .............. We wait on a response................. Did she meet Gary or not .Tallartist has the photo. GOD I hope he's ok n just lost time in Rosarito,Like many of us have in the past.
Unfortunately most of us either told our Family good bye take a hike or I'll write you when I can. This is part of the sad tech dependent world we live in, our expectations demand contact at all times, Where Are You !
My heart is so hurt for you Patton Fam. I can't get my head around the possibility that the people and families of this great peninsula would have left this soul stranded. Yes there are the exceptions to the rule, especially in this day n age, but his demise at the hands of another would usually be dealt by someone familiar.

[Edited on 10-4-2013 by BajaRat]
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 05:06 PM

Sorry, but having read the recent Facebook posts of Gretchen Smith
aka "Tall Artist" in Rosarito, I am less than convinced it was Gary Patton with whom she spoke. Since she posted his missing poster on her Facebook page, and this without mention of her alleged contact with Gary Patton, she has added lots and lots of other stuff. Judge for yourself. It will be interesting to see if she returns the family's call to her. Wouldn't she have gone to the authorities if she saw him?
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Gretchen saw Gary 1st.

When? First of what?

Gretchen saw Gary then saw the flyer/or this thread thinking it might be him.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 05:13 PM

Lets hope to hear from her and end this track or move on to the next clue.....
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.