Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Gonzaga or BOLA?
n8nlee
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Thanks for making your point clear.

Just like with the Nomads, you came, took what you wanted, killed it and left.

Great stereo type on the asians, by the way.

Adios. Amigo.

My stereotype of Asians is only second to yours of spearfishermen.

Adios...hopefully for good.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 06:24 PM

Ahhhhhhhh, the next generation of Baja Ex Pats. Wait,,,,?

Lets draw them a MAP!

P-nche Knuckleheads!

:mad::mad::fire::fire:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 07:29 PM

Minnow, you're slipping towards the dark side...

Your bad experience at Alfonsina's (or people who have homes there) shouldn't be used to discourage others from enjoyng Gonzaga Bay... Try Beluga...

[Edited on 8-8-2007 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

n8nlee
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Minnow, you're slipping towards the dark side...

Your bad experience at Alfonsina's (or people who have homes there) shouldn't be used to discourage others from enjoyng Gonzaga Bay... Try Beluga...

[Edited on 8-8-2007 by David K]

Something tells me those people at Alfonsina's or the people who have homes there aren't the ones with the problems.

Can someone provide a link? I would love to read it.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 07:59 PM

n8nlee, check out this link from Ken Bondy... it is great! http://www.kenbondy.com/images/ProfessionalArticles/Baja2004...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

n8nlee
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 08:07 PM

Thanks David,

I'll focus on the beauty of baja and the positivity of this site.

Nate
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 06:34 AM

bola is not on the grid :coolup:yet but soon.
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2007 at 03:06 PM
Tank Yuo Minnow!

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Quote:
Originally posted by Cap The common theme seems to be that spearfishing for trophy fish of this species is bad, but killing these fish by more conventional means is ok as long as you don't brag about it?

Cap, since reading comprehension does not seem to be your strong point. The common theme is that the guys entire story is full of holes. That is, everything accept the fish.:lol:

Quit boring us with your lack of knowledge of all things concerning fishing. Your questions have been answered ten ways from Tuesady, and respectfully I might add. You only come back with flippant answers. Post on something you actually have knowledge of.

Smart of you to erase your post Al G. you would have been on you know who's hate list.:lol:

Gawd forbid.

[Edited on 9-8-2007 by Minnow]

You are absolutey right Minnow! Thank you for the correction. I apologize for asking a boring question about something I was curious ( Sportfishing vs. spearfishing). I was labouring under the misperception that this was a forum for sharing knowledge.
I will now post on a topic I know something about : Courtesy.
Since this is not your strong suit, I will offer you this: The insults you weave into your posts weaken any point you are trying to make. Maybe you are just here to incite reactions from people as well, but you are adding to the deterioration of the social compact.
As I mentioned previously, I was going to discontinue my involvment in this forum, but I think that there should be some display of proper citizenship. If for no other reason than to counter your negativity.
Now, if you will excuse me I am late for my Tony Robbins seminar...:biggrin:

Fly low, land on roads.
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 8-9-2007 at 05:20 PM

Copying and pasting quotes from a closed thread to another thread is grounds for banishment. FYI

It has been made abundantly clear that the originator of this thread is an imposter. Misspelling intended. This thread should be closed as well.

Since it is not, I will just say this Cap. Welcome to the CCG, your opinions will certainly not be your own.:saint:

Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2007 at 08:02 PM

I was just looking through the pictures on your geocities site, and I noticed you had a picture of one of my old airplanes! It is the White with green c-182 next to the Blue Mooney. I even think I remember you and your friend came in Doug's 206. You went out in an older boat one of the days and caught a few Tuna. Talk about a strange coincidence. I hope to run into you again down there, I am sure we would have a lot to talk about. I would love to have you help me with my reading comprehension.

Fly low, land on roads.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:21 AM

Take a look at http://hometown.aol.com/murcarver/extreme/index.htm

Baja Mur often flew with Doug Bowles (206 pilot) to Alfonsina's and other places...

I was lucky to fly with Doug back to Oceanside from Alfonsina's after Baja Mur and I went to Mision Santa Maria in 1999.... Doug flew us over the mission so we could see where we had gone from above, a couple days earlier.

[Edited on 8-11-2007 by David K]

Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:28 AM

Once again your facts are completely off DK. Murry only went to Gonzaga with Dooogless. 3 times. On the last trip he destroyed too much of Doooogleesss's equipment so Doooooglesss would not let him go again. I believe you were there for the second trip. I made 28 trips to Gonzaga with Dooooogless. Cap seems to think he even saw me there on one of those trips. Awwwwh, the glory.:bounce:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 05:31 PM

I didn't say just 'Gonzaga', I said Alfonsina's and OTHER places... I provided the link to BajaMur's page ( http://hometown.aol.com/murcarver/extreme/index.htm ) so anyone could see the photos taken from Douglas' plane on many of the trips Mur flew with Doug.

Please show me where my facts are "completely off"...

I just looked over on Mur's site and he has photos of 4 Baja trips previous to when Mur and I stayed at Doug's place in May, 1999. Doesn't that make my trip with Mur #5 at Doug's (if there weren't others not shown on his web site)?

[Edited on 8-11-2007 by David K]

bajabum
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2007 at 01:07 PM

If you want to experience peace and quiet and great spearfishing go to Gonzaga. BOLA has turned into a zoo over the last 3-5 years and there is alot more fishing pressure both above and below the water, nothing like how it used to be. Also plan your trip around the tides...The current in BOLA is aways extreme but even more so with big tides. Current in Gonzaga can be strong but not as bad as BOLA. Stay at Alfonsinas ($65 night for 4 people), hire a panga at papa Fernadez and have them pick you up in front of the hotel on the beach in the morning. Check out: www.papafernandez.com for more info, you can even get a real time weather/water report with live pic at this website. Work the last cove and around the point by the light house, the Pta Final area and the Islands north of Gonzaga. Alot of big grouper, cabrilla, Riberas and Pargo in 40-60 FT in the rocks. You might also get a shot at yellow tail and WSB. Check out Dales Place at www.gonetobaja.com, he is the experts on spearfishing around there. I was down the last week of July yak fishing. Air temps in the mid 90s, nice on shore breeze from 11am on (even during the night most of the time). Water temps very warm (85-90) so you might have to get down deep to find fish. No game fish to be found but the cabrilla and grouper are always there. The food at Alfonsinas is OK, great breakfasts and you have a choice of fish or fish for dinner! The fish taco platters are awesome. Take a fresh fish in and have them cook it for you, dosnt get any better! We also took ceviche fixins and some carne asada and cooked it on their bbq to add some variety to the menu along with sandwich stuff to eat on the water. Here is a little tip for summer time visits to Baja...freeze 1 gatorade per person, per day before you go and toss em in your cooler, you wont have to buy as much ice, your beer will stay colder longer and it will provide a nice cold boat drink each day. I have ALOT of hours logged chasing fish and diving in both places so My opinion is primarily based on whacking fish for whatever its worth! Have fun!

Work is just something I do to keep me buzy between baja trips!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2007 at 06:34 PM

Food at Alfonsina's has never been 'ok'... it's always been great...

The Squarecircle would agree... here he is enjoying the garlic shrimp... prepared fresh off the shrimp boat anchored in front of Alfonsina's.

Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2007 at 08:43 PM

Never had less than a great meal there! Its possible that anyone that says otherwise is tryin to throw you off:lol:

Fly low, land on roads.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.