Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
Tried to order but they are in Australia....Guess I will make my own:lol:

http://www.extremeoutback.com/

This looks cool too, except for the $60 price for $5 of steel....

Extreme Outback Beadbuster

Can a bead breaker that fits in the palm of your hand work on your stubborn truck and equipment tires? It can and it does if you use Extreme Outback Products new Beadbuster. Designed to fit any Hi Lift style jack, the Beadbuster uses the vehicles weight to make easy work of breaking beads on 15", 16" and 17" diameter wheels. The unit comes with stainless steel bolts that quickly attach the Beadbuster to the bottom of your jacks base plate. Lay the tire and wheel under your bumper, position your Beadbuster on your wheels outer edge and use the jacks power and vehicles weight to get the job done. The Beadbuster can also be used as a stabilizer foot to keep your jack in place in tricky terrain conditions.

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 08:48 AM

I have used a jack to break the bead, but that looks like it would work quite a bit easier/faster. Who'll be the first to tool up for the $10 model?

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalou
I have used a jack to break the bead, but that looks like it would work quite a bit easier/faster. Who'll be the first to tool up for the $10 model?

I could have a model out with lead paint at that price point in no time. :lol:

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2007 at 10:17 AM

I've always enjoyed lead in paint etc. having spent some time painting railroad bridges with red lead paint.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Bwana_John
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2007 at 09:31 AM

The ultimate tire acsessory for the Gringos in a hurry(*),

3000 psi SCUBA tank, and a 1st stage regulator with low pressure hose and Schrader valve adapter!

From 25 psi to 50 psi with a F-250 tire in 20 seconds, back on the pavement in 2 minutes.

*(arnt all Gringos in a hurry?):yes:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-17-2007 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bwana_John
The ultimate tire acsessory for the Gringos in a hurry(*),

3000 psi SCUBA tank, and a 1st stage regulator with low pressure hose and Schrader valve adapter!

From 25 psi to 50 psi with a F-250 tire in 20 seconds, back on the pavement in 2 minutes.

*(arnt all Gringos in a hurry?):yes:

Yeah, they're so much fun to carry around.

i'll take the pump and the two beer's time to fill up all the way around.

Bwana_John
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2007 at 12:50 PM

Actually No, they are not fun to carry around, and I have found that getting them refilled in Baja is a PITA.

But Ive usually got at least one tank anyway, and I like little Alu 50's for diving off my kayak, so poppin back on to pavement takes about 2 minutes for all 4 tires from 25 psi to 50 psi on my F-250, and I can do that at least 3 times with the little tanks.

If I was waiting for them to fill up with the little compressior it would take a lot more than 2 beers:lol:

[Edited on 10-17-2007 by Bwana_John]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.