Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Fire Areas Checking in On Baja Nomads
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 10-27-2007 at 11:01 AM
Jeans, Glad you made it thru

My heart goes out to all of the fire victims. We just had a friend leave from Jamul that spent 4 days in his van in a parking lot before he came down here. . His house as yours was ok. God bless all of you as you are trying to repair your lives and properties. k

[Edited on 10-27-2007 by Keri]

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2007 at 11:06 AM

No public identification has been made of the four firefighters who were first responders to the Potrero fire and were injured. The female firefighter is my friend's daughter. I've known her since she was two years old. She is in critical condition at the UCSD Burn Unit on a ventilator with severe burns to her lungs and burns to her face. She is the mother of a seven-year-old little girl. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 10-27-2007 at 12:39 PM

Yeah David I'm quite sure Hook is in Capistrano.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 10-27-2007 at 03:45 PM

Well then, Hook and I are neighbors! So glad to hear your home is ok Jeans! So many others did not fare as well. And I am also wondering , as per Grovers post, what the FBI and other agencies will discover about the arsonist.(s).Talk about a sick bastard..:mad:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 10-27-2007 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallysouth I am also wondering , as per Grovers post, what the FBI and other agencies will discover about the arsonist.(s).Talk about a sick bastard..:mad:

Sick indeed. I have a friend who tells me that the punishment for arson in Japan is death to the arsonist if the fire kills anyone. I think I like that idea.

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2007 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SDRonni
No public identification has been made of the four firefighters who were first responders to the Potrero fire and were injured. The female firefighter is my friend's daughter. I've known her since she was two years old. She is in critical condition at the UCSD Burn Unit on a ventilator with severe burns to her lungs and burns to her face. She is the mother of a seven-year-old little girl. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Your friend's daughter is a brave woman. I will pray for her recovery.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2007 at 09:09 PM

Thanking all Dios' for the people & animals who survived and may those who have been lost or lost loved ones in this tragedy be comforted .. Thanks to those that posted to let interested peeps know 'you' are safe.

Words just cannot come close to express the feelings & thoughts about the efforts of the truly brave (great word Natalie Ann) people who come forward & do whatever they can .. our thoughts and prayers are offered too- soulpatch and SDRonnie - as well as those we dont know about.

I hope we never need, but its clear that if we did we surely could count on the countless courageous fighters and do-gooders .. no matter where.
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 10-29-2007 at 09:24 PM

Jeans, glad you made it out ok and back in ok. I saw the Harris fire 1st hand and it was big and hot. Otay Lakes Road area had so much dry brush and the flames had to be 12 to 15 feet high when I came off of 94 to get in the back way of Otay Lakes Road. I am still amazed that I got my 5th wheel out as they closed the road behind me and I drove up into Otay Lakes housing area and they closed the road going in. That fire was traveling so fast no wonder it burned so much up. Hopefully, the government starts letting the fire breaks be made bigger and let the tree huggers cry as losing lives to these fires is far worse. Later-----bajafun777

SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2007 at 08:46 PM

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my friend's daughter. She is having surgery tomorrow to have skin grafts on her neck, back and ear. She continues on the ventilator until her airway swelling decreases enough so that she can breathe on her own. I saw her mom and her little girl tonight. They are doing well, under the circumstances. A benevolent fund has been set up for the four firefighters on her crew who were injured in the early stage of the Harris fire, in their efforts to rescue a father and son who had defied evacuation orders. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2007 at 08:52 PM

sdronni - Can you tell us more about that fund - or should that be handled privately through u2u? I'd be interested in making a contribution.

nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 10-30-2007 at 09:12 PM

Yes, Me 2 SD ronnie! I will pray for her. How sad is this.....Just sent the Big One a message.Lo Siento Amigo

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2007 at 10:42 PM

You guys are great. I'll get all the info from her mom tomorrow and pass it on. Her identity hasn't been made public just yet. I have been told there will be two funds. One for all four firefighters, and one for her. I'll get info on both. The San Diego Community has come together incredibly in the face of this. I drove from Temecula to San Diego this morning...the first time I saw any results of the fire, and what I saw was minimal. My heart goes out to all who lost their homes and lives.
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2007 at 06:15 PM

My friend's daughter's surgery went well today. She had donor skin grafts to her forehead, neck and ear. Her back has been taken care of so well by the Burn Unit that she was able to not have grafts there. If interested, donations can be made to any Wells Fargo Bank to the Brooke L. Firefighter Fund. Thanks again to all who have been keeping her in their thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, she will be able to come off the ventilator soon. Her mom says that with her bandages, she looks like she's all dressed for Halloween!
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2007 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Any word from Bob H ?

Diver, thanks for thinking of us. The Witch fire blew through Rancho Bernardo approximately five miles to the north of us. We did OK - just lots of soot to clean up afterwards.
Bob and Audrey H
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-31-2007 at 07:50 PM

I went down to La Paz last week for a little R&R. I called my mother Monday 10/22 to tell her I arrived safely only to find out my brother had evacuated that morning from Rancho Bernardo. He and his dog and his next-door neighbors stayed at my house in North Park for a week. Of the six houses in their cul-de-sac, only two remained standing, their two. I went to my brother's house yesterday to return some belongings they had left at my house. The devastation in the surrounding neighborhood was bad. I think there were 1200+ homes burnt to the ground. Hard to believe we just went through this four years ago.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.