BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Monday, November 19th - Who is helping with La Turquesa Mine Road?
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2007 at 12:42 PM

Thanks for your effort guys it's well appretiated..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 11-25-2007 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
Thanks for your effort guys it's well appretiated..
Thanks for the kudos. We had a great time. You should have seen the Total Chaos-equipped Tacoma fly off of the cliff right next to the mine and land in the wash. Nick said he wouldn't try that stunt again, but he sure had a great time proving that he could do it! I think both Toyotas dented their sheetmetal on this trip, but both drivers had a wonderful time in the process! :bounce:

juanroberts
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja Born

[*] posted on 11-28-2007 at 01:25 PM

Details, details! Pictures, pictures!

Have you thought of putting slime in the tires or sweeping the choya with a flamethrower?
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2007 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juanroberts
Details, details! Pictures, pictures!

Have you thought of putting slime in the tires or sweeping the choya with a flamethrower?

The rocks there were petrified, and the ledges were tall in some places. I was afraid that I'd ruin my only ride to work. It was fun, but we'll give it a go in another year or two...

[Edited on 11-29-2007 by Ken Cooke]

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2007 at 06:30 AM
Obstacles

Ken - did you get a photo of the obstacles that finally blocked the route? The dense vegetation you would have had to drive through? Perhaps a photo looking up canyon?

Good reports - thanks - John M
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2007 at 06:32 AM

Great photos.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2007 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
Ken - did you get a photo of the obstacles that finally blocked the route? The dense vegetation you would have had to drive through? Perhaps a photo looking up canyon?

Good reports - thanks - John M

Yes, I took a photo, but you can't tell by all of the brush what the ground looks like. I will post it this evening so you can see. This photo was taken high above from the mine looking down into the canyon. Trust me. If 2 Rubicons, a Total Chaos-equipped Tacoma, a lifted Grand Cherokee, and a lifted Wrangler X couldn't make it up, our chances are sunk without a bulldozer. :(

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2007 at 08:16 AM

Ken did you see any signs of the motorcycle trail thru the wash. If not each bike may just pick their way thru. I would guess not many bikes go thru over say a years time.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-29-2007 at 09:07 AM

Tom, looking down from the grade, I saw lot's of m/c tracks in the wash coming from the mine... DEVEAU here on Nomad recently traveled it... It is Kacey Smith's 'XR Ride' in her Baja GPS Guide.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DEVEAU
Nomad

Mood: "WFO"

[*] posted on 11-29-2007 at 05:56 PM

Boy, I am supprised, I figured you guys would get through. Bikes are real narrow I guess.

TW, the motorcycle trail is not real worked in but it becomes pretty obvious once you start. Much easier West to East.

Instead of our annual Thanksgiving trip we raced the 1000 this year. I am working on a report but can't get the guys to stop babbling about Flats, Being nerfed by a truck, Throwing the bike down in the middle of the highway to stop traffic, Two bikes being stolen and then found in Cabo and getting stitchs in El Rosario to make any sense of what really happened? Hopefully by this weekend they can fill me in on the details. We did finish!

Chase Trucks? ??
We don\'t need no stinking chase trucks!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-29-2007 at 06:19 PM

Deveau, looking forward to your race story!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2007 at 07:34 PM

Deveau, congratulations on finishing the 1000, that's a long long race to Cabo. But what you mentioned above has me really wanting to read your race report. Sounds like you had all the problems etc that go with a grand race like the 1000.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2007 at 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Ken did you see any signs of the motorcycle trail thru the wash.

Nothing. Plenty of Cholla, though.

The vegitation was plenty thick. Not worth losing expensive tires over...

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.