Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Art & Beer, Pescadero, Todos Santos DON'T GO
Dave
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-9-2007 at 09:37 PM
Wonder how it came to that

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
He, the un-named Mr. Pike, reasoned when asked about his prepared sewage, that his clientele were tourists and would, in all probability, never come there again.

Just a wild guess but:

You probably haven't had the pleasure of serving many tourists.

<Why are you tipping? We're never gonna come back here. Take all the napkins... and the sugar packets> :rolleyes:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

Just a wild guess but:

You probably haven't had the pleasure of serving many tourists.

You couldn't be more wrong. I was a bartender for 15 years in Newport Beach and did the same at Mammoth Mountain Inn, Jackson Wyoming and Old Orchard Beach, Maine. There are more but, you get the idea.
I tip huge......It's the way I was taught.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:35 AM

Grover.....

Jeezo...How do you find this stuff?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 09:44 AM

AMir------

Jeffw's posting is mild compared to what we encountered there at ART & BEER several years ago------and I posted my experience on this forum at the time.

I am truly surprised that he is still in business------our experience there was the absolute worst experience I have EVER had at any eating/drinking establishment, all for the reasons stated by "Jeffw", plus a few more.

The guy was so obnoxious that we almost ended up in a fight, and yes, the Margaritas were $12 dollars US each, and were not that good. After buying $36 bucks (US) (120 pesos each) worth of Margaritas (there were 4 of us), he STILL refused to let my wife use the "bathroom" (?) (she did not buy a margarita). My wife was so desparate she used the "bathroom" anyway, with me fending off the obnoxious owner (thus the near fight----lots of pushing).

This guy should be taken out behind one of his "art" (?) samples and SHOT, putting him out of his misery.

I understand that he used to have a similar establishment up in Baja Norte and was essentially "run out", or something like that.

Somehow he stays in business, but it is a mystery to me. His wife, present all the time, was seemingly embarrassed for the outraged owner, and tried her best to defray the arguments but was totally unsuccessful------she tried her best, tho, and we had no problems with her.

We were under the impression that the owner was Mexican, as was his wife, but we could be mistaken. He deffinitely has a screw loose!
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 11:21 AM

Not surprised that Amir likes the place.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
amir
Senior Nomad

Mood: chiropractic

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 01:32 PM
Surprised?

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
Not surprised that Amir likes the place.

Alfredo was never rude to me or my party. On the contrary: We were invited to Lourdes birthday party in February, and on another occasion also to one of their employees birthdays, and after they closed the bar all the guests went to a palapa in the back of the property where they played music (she plays drum set and he plays keyboards), and we drank and we ate and it was all very cordial. As I said before, maybe he has a problem with certain people and shows his contempt with obnoxious behavior. Different folks, different strokes... :saint:

You, on the other hand, Da Gull, I don't know why I like you! :?::?::?:
Dave
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-10-2007 at 01:33 PM
Excellent!

Quote:
I was a bartender for 15 years in Newport Beach and did the same at Mammoth Mountain Inn, Jackson Wyoming and Old Orchard Beach, Maine.

I'll put you on my guest list for when I have parties. :rolleyes:

Made many Sazeracs?

(I've drunk quite a few.) ;)

[Edited on 11-10-2007 by Dave]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 01:59 PM

Quote:

Made many Sazeracs?

Don't remember ever having a call for one. In fact, I just looked it up and it has a bit of one of my favorites, Pernod. Used to drink it almost straight...just a few drops of water added. The water turns the clear liquid to a milky white. For those unfamiliar with Pernod, it tastes like licorice. I like licorice a lot, especially when you can drink it. I'll bet I would have liked Absinthe.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 02:03 PM

Amir......

I can't help but wonder if you and everyone else are talking about different people. There is a humongous difference in your opinion of this guy. Maybe you just caught him on a good day.
jeffw

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 03:00 PM

Amir,

Don't think there is a need to bash on the newbie comments....if it weren't for newbies there would not be a forum. My comments were NOT exaggerated as will see from other forum users. Proof is always in the pudding.

The margaritas that were served to us were $12 dollars each, maybe you paid an even lower price, but the going rate to gringos appears to be $12. And no beer on the way out, just a push!

And by the way, my dog never made it close to the restaurant, it was on public lands right off the pavement.

Remember, Amir, this is a restaurant "review" section, which is everyone's private opinion of a restaurant or bar. And other people may have had different experiences at this establishment, and other people may have paid other prices. I just feel this was MY WORST baja restaurant/bar
experience.
amir
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 03:02 PM
One and the same

Quote:
Amir...... I can't help but wonder if you and everyone else are talking about different people. There is a humongous difference in your opinion of this guy. Maybe you just caught him on a good day.

Yep, the same person, Alfredo. Grover posted a picture in this thread, he's the guy sitting down with the trimmed salt and pepper beard. We've been there several times and he was in good behaviour every time. Then maybe it's because I've adjusted him and now he's all straightened out... :o:o

Hey Dennis, maybe this is one of those "multiple personalities" peoples.... :lol::lol::lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 03:13 PM

jeffw....
Good points you make. After you've been here a bit longer, you'll probably spend less time in dedicated boards and hang around in "Todays Posts." Look at the top of the page and you'll see it. Click on that and bookmark it and when you come to the site, you'll see the latest posts from all forums. The news as it happens. That way you can stay on top of everything as it comes in with one glance. It'll save you a lot of time jumping all over the place.
By the way.....Amir isn't the "bashing" type. When you get to know him, you'll like him.
amir
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 03:13 PM
I am perplexed

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Remember, Amir, this is a restaurant "review" section, which is everyone's private opinion of a restaurant or bar. And other people may have had different experiences at this establishment, and other people may have paid other prices. I just feel this was MY WORST baja restaurant/bar
experience.

So sorry you had such a bad experience, jeffw, and your review is what makes this forum varied, colorful and democratic.
Welcome to the Board!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by amir
Hey Dennis, maybe this is one of those "multiple personalities" peoples.... :lol::lol::lol:

Jeezo...You mean....Could it be...Would they dare....Is it DocT and Sockpuppet?
Oh my God. Just when I thought we were rid of them.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
I like licorice a lot, especially when you can drink it. I'll bet I would have liked Absinthe.

I've seen authentic Absinthe in a TJ liquor store...Expensive.

Also an anise fan. Especially Arak from either Lebanon or Jordan. I think every European/Mediterranean country has its own version. Mexico tambien...It's called Xtabentun.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
I've seen authentic Absinthe in a TJ liquor store...Expensive.

Now that you mention it, I remember an article on it in the SD Union. I guess it is available but, if I recall, it was like "Real Cuban Cigars." So many arn't. I've got CRS today. Maybe I can find the article or, better yet, maybe you can.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 03:59 PM

My apologies. Didn't notice that.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 04:05 PM

Well, Wendy sports one of his t shirts. Last year we stopped there after our trip to Cabo for two weeks. Food was o.k. He was friendly. Place had people eating there. Thought the price was a little on the high side, but didn't notice the margaritas were $12.00 If they were then I certainly wouldn't have ordered them. And I remember having two of them.????????
Perhaps it was his "off day". We'll stop there again on the way down, and see if he is still grumpy.
Maybe he needs to change his tee shirt to Art/Grumpy & Beer. Or maybe someone should have one made that says that, and go in and look for a reaction. I didn't see that reaction to anyone while we were there, and it was over an hour and a half we were in there. Any chance that some people have an "attitude" when they go in, and he's psychic & doesn't want them around. We are talking about the guy with the big beard aren't we??????????????????????????
The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 05:51 PM

Hmmmm.....
Been there many times,
Been there with locals,
never had a problem,
always go back,
I even recommend it!
Not sure what you guys are talking about!

Whoa there, Cowboy - pull back on those reins!
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
In fact, I just looked it up and it has a bit of one of my favorites, Pernod. Used to drink it almost straight...just a few drops of water added.

Is there any other way to drink it?

Absinthe - after being outlawed in Europe for various reasons (wood alcohol?), it is now being produced again. So, you could probably find it somewhere.

http://www.absinthebuyersguide.com/guide.html

P.S. you would probably like Sambuca as well. Molinari is the best.

[Edited on 11-11-2007 by Roberto]
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.