Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: BAJA BISCUITS
bajadedom
Nomad

Mood: Ready for a change of latitude...

[*] posted on 1-25-2008 at 11:22 PM

Hmmm - a 60's flick....no fat people....probably no african americans,bi-sexuals,punk-rockers,or Nomads either.....but I bet a few were smoking cigarettes!.....these times, they are a changin.....and there is still nothing you can do to keep your last day on earth from being your last day on earth,for what ever reason.....I've read studies that say laughter will add years to your life, and stress will kill you....so let's all just get along and be happy while we are here....Green tea and oatmeal-or- bisquits and gravy...side by side.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2008 at 11:50 PM

You're 105% correct Al. Except my parents became better cooks as time went on. They too were in their eighties and my dad chain-smoked most of his life.
I like fried chicken and a host of other foods I was raised on. Too bad you can't find my mom's chicken, it was fantastic. Also, I'm a sucker for a good hamburger. I guess something set me off and it was the gravy. One of our nearby restaurants serves buckets of it.
Unfortunately, I was told by one of their cooks what they make it with. It's sold in large buckets and it is a product I would never employ regardless of what I cooked. Thinking about that and the fact that they have a regular biscuit and gravy breakfast crowd sparked my protest. I can imagine a healthier product like a gravy made from the fat of an animal like I make for Thanksgiving. Yet these people love it and Soulpatch has a point, I am a food snob in the fact that I use ingredients that are not formulated in some lab. You see, we fry nothing or use anything but butter for fat.. This is an alternative that many people seek out.
Personally speaking Al, your statement:"My god man...what do you put in your gravy???" was exactly my jist. I would like people to know more about what they really are eating. I realize that could be painful for some. Many would rather not know.
Bajadedom, I don't know how old you are but when I grew up there were virtually no fat people in school. Today is a different story. We could talk about what our kids are ingesting thanks to our generation and why and how they got like fat(12% are obese) at such an early age. Look at high-fructose corn syrup. Doesn't really sound bad does it, but it's exacting a huge toll collectively.
I hope people don't defend stuff that's bad for kids, why would they, unless they possess the same addictions.
Again though, I understand that diversity of foods and foods without all the hollow ingredients inserted in processed foods can add many years to us and our children. Is that so wrong. Moderation?
As far as that gravy goes, eat it but don't get so fixed on it that it cancels out our/your good intentions.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 12:05 AM

Great thread...good people saying all the right things....:cool:

[Edited on 1-26-2008 by Al G]

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 08:53 AM

I know people who go way overboard in both directions when it comes to eating. Some that eat anything and everything that tastes good and do so in mass quantities. Others that wouldn't let a 'bad' calorie touch their lips. I do tend to be more in the 1st category. I've heard the "sermons" over and over as we all have, just never paid much attention to the preachers. Anyway, here is the culprit:

Baja_Biscuits_d_Jan25_2008.jpg - 50kB

I think the world is run by C- students.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
I know people who go way overboard in both directions when it comes to eating. Some that eat anything and everything that tastes good and do so in mass quantities. Others that wouldn't let a 'bad' calorie touch their lips. I do tend to be more in the 1st category. I've heard the "sermons" over and over as we all have, just never paid much attention to the preachers. Anyway, here is the culprit:

Looks like something my cat threw up this morning :biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 09:09 AM

BMG....

Who ate that stuff the first time?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 09:10 AM

Ed...

We're on the same tracks this morning, I see.
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg

Looks like something my cat threw up this morning :biggrin:

Change to a different cat food.

BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
BMG....

Who ate that stuff the first time?

Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and go for it.

bajajazz
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 11:10 AM

Man, talking about hijacking a thread!

What began as an innocent little restaurant review has turned into a miscellaney of moralizing sermonettes that grown people of average intelligence and judgement really don't need. Ascetics who promulgate the Dean Ornish diet have no business even reading restaurant reviews, let alone contributing to them.

Please, keep your self-denial, your repudiation of the joy of living (and eating) to yourself. Me, I'm heading down to Baja Biscuits for a plate of biscuits and sausage gravy before they close. I'll work it off later -- if I feel the need.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajazz

Please, keep your self-denial, your repudiation of the joy of living (and eating) to yourself. Me, I'm heading down to Baja Biscuits for a plate of biscuits and sausage gravy before they close. I'll work it off later -- if I feel the need.

Sure makes me miss my granny---she made the best sausage gravy ever. Next time we are in La Paz, I look forward to trying this place----not to enjoy the food, but just to see if it is any where near as good as granny's was. :lol:

Thanks, it really does sound like a good place and while I love Mexican food, it is always nice to find a place for something different --- oh, you did say the biscuits were homemade, didn't you---ouch, I am getting hungry.

Diane

BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 11:54 AM

bajajazz

Thank you for posting the original review for Baja Biscuits. I enjoy reading about the various restaurants here in La Paz. Keep posting!

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 11:55 AM

Now you guys make me feel quilty for throwing that cat barf in the garbage.:(:no::no:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
baja_canuck

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 12:36 PM

Had the good ol' biscuits in gravy again this morning - fantastic as usual. This is coming from a Canuck who didn't grow up on the stuff in the ol' south....
Been visitin' this place since it opened - and it's consistently good.
I recommend the hot chocolate too! Especially thru the cold.
:spingrin:
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2008 at 04:08 PM

We tried the Quiche this morning, wasnt too impressed, but the burrito kicks a**;D

[Edited on 1-26-2008 by JESSE]

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 1-27-2008 at 05:50 PM

I have had their Cinnimen (clearly don't know how to spell) rolls on a couple of occasions.... with their delicious Cream Cheeze frosting...... d e l i c i o u s ...... glad I moved out of town because it could become a habit.:lol:

CaboRon

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2008 at 06:02 PM

Ron..download Google desk top...it has a great spell check. I have almost warn mine out...,:lol:
Edit: Forgot it does not work in U2U

[Edited on 1-28-2008 by Al G]

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2008 at 06:05 PM

Hey...a public Congrates on 1000 super duper Nomad...:cool:

Albert G

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2008 at 10:41 PM

FINALLY made it into Baja Biscuits....I'm not a breakfast-every-morning-kinda-person:lol:....also not a sausage fan (yeah, I know what sacrilege!), but I can say that the quiche is excellent!!:yes::yes::yes:
lingililingili
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2008 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz
FINALLY made it into Baja Biscuits....I'm not a breakfast-every-morning-kinda-person:lol:....also not a sausage fan (yeah, I know what sacrilege!), but I can say that the quiche is excellent!!:yes::yes::yes:

No chile peppers, eh? I have had quiche there three times now, all different, and I have loved every one of them!

•Life is just one damned thing after another
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.