BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: We will be on the road for the next week...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 01:06 PM

I offer my services as unbiased moderator to this thread.
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
:lol::lol::lol:

Well, for those of you who (still) don't understand why I do some of the things I do: Most of the regular contributing Nomads (and former Amigos de Baja) are my friends, and as Baja Bernie says, "Friends helping friends" is what it's about. A lot others are only lurkers or rare posters on Nomad, but contact me with appreciation for the time I take to share here.

To me, sharing is one thing friends do. On-line sharing is even better because if you don't want to hear or read it, you don't have to! This is a concept a couple of 'sour grapes' Nomads haven't learned. Another is, just because I share a lot here, that doesn't take away from 'space' needed for anyone else to post on Nomad. That repeated ragging by a couple here is really sad in that they can't spend that amount of energy posting something that is useful or pleasurable, instead!

Finally, if you thingk the nagging is a way to 'police the board', please don't bother as the owner of this site is a personal friend from before this forum was created, and we communicate often. Doug can tell me if he wants less Baja travel info or help... or even less chit chat. In fact, that's what a forum is for... communication.

Some people think there are ultier motives for people being nice. There is no hunger for power on my end, I simply have the most posts becase I am the oldest (longest active) Nomad after Doug and have always been happy to help and share my Baja experiences, photos, details... As THAT IS the primary purpose for this web site. If you come to my home, and you are welcome to, you will find a Baja library, and Baja maps and satellite images on my walls.

Because most of you will not be coming to my home, the next best thing I can do is share what I have on line... So, don't be mad... If you think I post too much then you all need to post more!... Not complaints, but more about Baja! That why the thousands from the World Wide Web come to Doug's web site, afterall!

Heck, with my trips to the USA, there will be less to share on Baja Nomad... sorry!:yes::wow::lol:

Now, have a nice day... ya'all come back!:D

I do not understand what this post has to do with Baja.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
:lol::lol::lol:

Well, for those of you who (still) don't understand why I do some of the things I do: Most of the regular contributing Nomads (and former Amigos de Baja) are my friends, and as Baja Bernie says, "Friends helping friends" is what it's about. A lot others are only lurkers or rare posters on Nomad, but contact me with appreciation for the time I take to share here.

To me, sharing is one thing friends do. On-line sharing is even better because if you don't want to hear or read it, you don't have to! This is a concept a couple of 'sour grapes' Nomads haven't learned. Another is, just because I share a lot here, that doesn't take away from 'space' needed for anyone else to post on Nomad. That repeated ragging by a couple here is really sad in that they can't spend that amount of energy posting something that is useful or pleasurable, instead!

Finally, if you thingk the nagging is a way to 'police the board', please don't bother as the owner of this site is a personal friend from before this forum was created, and we communicate often. Doug can tell me if he wants less Baja travel info or help... or even less chit chat. In fact, that's what a forum is for... communication.

Some people think there are ultier motives for people being nice. There is no hunger for power on my end, I simply have the most posts becase I am the oldest (longest active) Nomad after Doug and have always been happy to help and share my Baja experiences, photos, details... As THAT IS the primary purpose for this web site. If you come to my home, and you are welcome to, you will find a Baja library, and Baja maps and satellite images on my walls.

Because most of you will not be coming to my home, the next best thing I can do is share what I have on line... So, don't be mad... If you think I post too much then you all need to post more!... Not complaints, but more about Baja! That why the thousands from the World Wide Web come to Doug's web site, afterall!

Heck, with my trips to the USA, there will be less to share on Baja Nomad... sorry!:yes::wow::lol:

Now, have a nice day... ya'all come back!:D

DK,
You need to quit taking the bait -- you can only get caught and released a finite number of times before your lips will fall off. (p.s. as long as we are in the critique mode,... you really need to learn to write without putting an exclamation point on every other sentence.) :lol::lol::P:P
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 04:59 PM

Natalie, show me anywhere Roberto posts something (after anything I say) that has an ounce of interest in Baja or anything else... My posts here are about Baja what Baja Nomads are doing... Only when a lie or misqoute or misunderstanding about me is when I respond in defense.

Isn't there a rule about harassment in an attempt to chase people away?

mtgoat666, I will try and ease up on the !!! points, okay?

Debra, thanks... but long ago I tried to resolve Roberto's unjustified attacks on me (and my kids, back then) on the u2u, and he told me he would block that. You see, some people really get their jollies from public harassment and getting pats on the back from the few on the 'dark side' who are against friendships and sharing.

Anyway if anyone really wants to see less of me here, stop using me as a scapegoat for your lonliness, and restrict your Nomad posts to your own affairs that do not involve me... okay?

If you want to be happy, make friends, exchange thoughts about Mexico, learn about Baja stuff or share your Baja knowledge then Baja Nomad is the right place, and why I am here.

If seeing posts from someone you don't like, don't know or don't understand irritates you that you try everything you can to annoy that person until he bugs off, this is NOT the forum for you. It is just childish, rude, and selfish.

Live and let live.... If you don't have a life, then get one... If you don't like what you read, change the page!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2008 at 07:10 PM

Don't thank me........I just think that after (what? 7yrs.) this garbage is really old.

Let's move back to friendly talk, like the other 99% on this board.

Is'nt the "off-topic" board still here for the "uglies"

Mean people suck!
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Debra, thanks... but long ago I tried to resolve Roberto's unjustified attacks on me (and my kids, back then) on the u2u,

David, you have now stepped over the line from a plain kook and ignoramus into being a liar. WHEN have I EVER posted anything "attacking" your kids? And spare me a half-page explanation - point me to a post or STFU.

Quote:

Only when a lie or misqoute or misunderstanding about me is when I respond in defense.
Saying something doesn't make it true, and this is patently not true.

And Debra, :P

[Edited on 3-18-2008 by Roberto]
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 09:53 AM

David.... I did not say I do not like you.

ALL I said was that I did not see what your post had to do with Baja. You answer me something about Roberto.

I still do not see what your last 3 or so posts have to do with Baja. They seem to have to do with... you, and that's not the same as being about Baja.

You have no need to be so defensive here. Some folks favor you, some don't. It's really no big deal. And being defensive never changes anyone's mind about anything.... just makes it worse.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 10:09 AM

Very strange.....

I have to admit that I do like the idea of certain Nomads posting their temporary departures from the board.
As an example, many seem to question Pompano's few months of absence each year. I guess he doesn't want an online party when he leaves because he always departs quietly. To each his own.

However; for a one week, non-Baja absence from the board ??
Maybe we can get your cell number next time, just in case ?
Just kidding DK, but you are soooo easy to kid !!
(-missing JR again-)

And smile, DK. You're supposed to be relaxed from your trip !! :biggrin:

Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 11:38 AM

David, just returned to the board after "resting" a bit. Still pretty much the same. I do appreciate your Baja postings and sharing of your Baja experiences. You not only furnish information, but provide support to others in the Baja adventure. I strongly feel that INAH recent efforts on old mission preservations are at least partially due to your efforts in publishing information on these sites. Check out Tommy Afrika's contribution on Google Earth. We have been corresponding quite a bit and he updated the information with new photos, etc. Poke around to see all that he did.

Any photos of the destroyed SJDD? Back in the USA now and would like to address INAH on this issue. Can't do it in Mexico, but sure can here.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Very strange.....

I have to admit that I do like the idea of certain Nomads posting their temporary departures from the board.
As an example, many seem to question Pompano's few months of absence each year. I guess he doesn't want an online party when he leaves because he always departs quietly. To each his own.

What is even stranger than that is that while you THOUGHT Pomano was away he was actually VERY active here posting as someone else. :yes: Por que?

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
What is even stranger than that is that while you THOUGHT Pomano was away he was actually VERY active here posting as someone else. :yes: Por que?

Who? We want to know who. Was it MINNOW? Is Roger really MINNOW? Maybe it was DocT. Was it DocT or Sackmeister?
This is going to cost me sleep.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 12:57 PM

Summanus

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 02:13 PM

Another question someone asked................

Was why would anyone be interested in someone being away? Maybe the simple answer is that there are 1400 views to this thread, that is headed "We will be on the road for the next week"

Mean people suck!
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 02:17 PM

Quote:

I was talking about when he was really gone; before Sumanus and then again this past summer.
The Sumanus thing is a whole different matter, not of Pompano's making, that we won't get into.
ElFaro
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 02:24 PM

I'm not going down to Baja tomorrow.

I may report tomorrow if I am or am not going down to Baja the day after tomorrow.

Keep a sharp eye out for my post of whether I am going to report tomorrow that I went down to Baja the day after tomorrow.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ElFaro
I'm not going down to Baja tomorrow.

I may report tomorrow if I am or am not going down to Baja the day after tomorrow.

Keep a sharp eye out for my post of whether I am going to report tomorrow that I went down to Baja the day after tomorrow.

Do you think there's any chance you may not be going down tomorrow because the next day would be a better day to travel and reflect upon your reasons for not leaving the day before only since it was never in your plans to leave a day before the day you had previously planned to leave and it would be the day cosidered early if you had planned to leave a day later which would be two days after the day you had never planned to leave on in the first, maybe second, place?
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:

I was talking about when he was really gone; before Sumanus and then again this past summer.
The Sumanus thing is a whole different matter, not of Pompano's making, that we won't get into.

The Devil made him do it!
:lol::lol:

Hey, DK was really gone.........................OR WAS HE????

Those darn "Ides of March"

Great thread!

I miss him already on his next trip. I hope he tells us when he'll be gone otherwise we won't have great posts like this one!

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 02:50 PM

Geez guys, lighten up on David...he's always been more than helpful in my contact with him and nobody's going to agree with anyone 100% on anything anyway.
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 03:04 PM

ATT. ALL.

Have to walk the dog, be back in a hour with pictures.:lol:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2008 at 03:19 PM

I'll have to be "Frank". This board sometimes lacks in humor. Everyone has to lighten up. The more you post(and especially worthless info), the more you set yerself up.
Now if every whiner, oops, winner could just....SMILE, we're havin' fun! There may be a few stick/sick in the muds but were mostly smart enough to realize that the vast majority of us take this rediculous banter with a grain o' salt. Right?? If not you need to adjust meds asap.;)

David just needs to address his narcissistic writing style. Perhaps he could have titled his post:
"On the road seeking Baja alternatives.
That could prompt a great deal of interest. His trip info is great albeit a little too personal once and a while. The time he spends on Baja stuff impresses me. His love for Baja needs not be questioned.

Mexitron, David knows what will happen when he posts this way. He's not naive.

Jack is right DKs' contribution to exposing Baja Missions and Visitas has garnered much attention.

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.