Author: Subject: Bodies found near Rosarito
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 5-19-2008 at 05:33 PM

Hmmmmmmm

1. Car stolen from the US
2. Occupants have records with local Mexican authorities
3. One woman with a DMV address in US (citizenship?)
4. Executed

These are the facts so far. Let's watch how they get twisted and reshaped.

Popcorn anyone?????????

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 5-19-2008 at 05:43 PM

[img][/img]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2008 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fulano

Interestingly, the comments of Americans in the SDUT are almost identical to what the Mexicans are posting. It seems the two peoples -- Mexicans and Americans -- are both thinking and saying the same thing.

Amazing but, so what. Nothing will change till the government waterboards every cop on every payroll and takes the initiative. A skirmish here and there is nothing more than entertainment. What has changed in the last year? Nothing. The beat goes on.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2008 at 06:08 PM

Justice is served.....if I was car owner I wouldn't be crying on the outcome.....
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2008 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
Justice is served.....if I was car owner I wouldn't be crying on the outcome.....

No, but I sure wouldn't want that car back!

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-19-2008 at 07:52 PM

Weeeelllll!
I don't know who blew what out of context, but just in case some of our readers don't habla the lingo...which all of us Baja Travelers should:
The three guys killed were Locals (one of the guys killed had a nickname of KILO...)and the woman victim has (US) ties.
This is according to the post by Taco de Baja linking to the paper El Mexicano.
And from my personal Mexican sources on the US side (whom may or may not have involvement) tell me of a retaliation hit a few days ago at a ranch near Rosarito. Nothing about BLVD 2000.
I DON'T KNOW WHO IS RIGHT, SINCE THE MEXICO PRESS IS GIVING SOMEWHAT CONFLICTING REPORTS, BUT I HAVE A TENCENCY TO BELIEVE MY SOURCES, AND HE SAYS THE CAR WAS STOLEN FROM THE SAN DIEGO AREA. I don't want to come off as an authority on the subject, but just happen to be in the right place at the time the subject came up.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 09:17 AM

La Times is reporting this AM that only the female was American. The others were Mexicans, not afro-americans.

Aventurera
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 09:27 AM

The Mexican newspapers are reporting that the American woman was 28-29 years old and had a record of three arrests in the U.S. for Health & Safety Code violations (read 'drugs') including drug trafficking, one arrest with time served for trafficking of humans, and also one arrest in Mexico for carrying a concealed weapon. There was also a drug syringe found in her purse (which is the only bit of the above info that the U.S. press has reported so far.)

Of the Mexican guys with her, two of the three had confirmed arrest records as well in both the U.S. and Mexico.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 09:29 AM

"This is a serious fight," said President Felipe Calderon. "It is a war and it implies effectively that we must assume the consequences. The question is whether we should persevere and continue forward or simply remain in our offices and duck our heads."

Finally putting the narcotraffickers' war into this context would suggest that a few bodies will be found here and there. And it will continue, much like any war. Tijuana is the war zone. We all know this.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 10:13 AM

hardly any reason to feel a loss for these four piles of shi'ite.

story in the UT said the owner of the stolen cadillac has not been found.

what goes around......:yes:

edit:spelling, again!

[Edited on 5-20-2008 by woody in ob]

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 10:46 AM

As long as it is people in the illegal drug business being knocked off I could care less. Heartless I know, but true.

jodiego
Nomad

Mood: ever hopeful

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 12:25 PM

The "official" story came out in the SDUT this morning and I feel the need to apologize for my initial report. In an effort to get this story to the Nomads, I relied on a report from KPBS radio yesterday morning. In the wake of all the bad stuff that has been going on in Northern Baja, I felt it important to get this info out as soon as I heard it (don't I sound like a reporter trying to substantiate his sources??). As reported by several of you already and the SDUT this morning, the 4 were not all americans and the 3 men were not black as I stated. It's pretty obvious to me and to a lot of you that there was foul play involved in this crime as opposed to the initial sense that 4 innocent American tourists were gunned down for no apparent reason I'm curious if we will ever get a follow up story and or the true particulars of this case north of the border. Sorry for the inaccuracies.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jodiego
The "official" story came out in the SDUT this morning and I feel the need to apologize for my initial report. In an effort to get this story to the Nomads, I relied on a report from KPBS radio yesterday morning. In the wake of all the bad stuff that has been going on in Northern Baja, I felt it important to get this info out as soon as I heard it (don't I sound like a reporter trying to substantiate his sources??). As reported by several of you already and the SDUT this morning, the 4 were not all americans and the 3 men were not black as I stated. It's pretty obvious to me and to a lot of you that there was foul play involved in this crime as opposed to the initial sense that 4 innocent American tourists were gunned down for no apparent reason I'm curious if we will ever get a follow up story and or the true particulars of this case north of the border. Sorry for the inaccuracies.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sad to say that the major LA radio stations reported the same way as you picked up the news yesterday. The difference is that they won't have the integrity or decency to apologize or recognize that false reporting can happen, even by accident, and that proof of claims is important.

The radio stations ran out to the street and asked idiot passerbys in LA what they thought and of course they were shocked and appalled and their LIVE REPORT words compounded the "wire service report".

There we have the quality of American journalism rolled up into this "story".

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
ILikeMex
Nomad

Mood: Whishing I was there

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 12:44 PM

From the SOSD article: "The four people found in the canyon probably were killed 10 to 12 days ago, based on the decomposition of the bodies, Gonzalez said. An earlier report that all the victims were U.S. citizens and the men were black was incorrect.

The car in which the dead men were found is linked to a California man who was reported missing in February and has not been located, Gonzalez said. "

Your skin trurns black when you decompose which probably led to the inital misidentification of race. I think the owner of the Cadilac has the same fate as these 4 folks too.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 12:46 PM

3 black guys and a white chick in a stolen caddy?

racist first impressions?:light:

[Edited on 5-20-2008 by woody in ob]

jodiego
Nomad

Mood: ever hopeful

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 12:53 PM

Going by the assumption that a lot of the current crime spree we are witnessing involves a lot of bad people, it is this exact type of story that I snicker about because I know it will keep more and more people away from the border area and although I realize that no tourists is bad for business, no tourists is great for me and all of the rest of you that enjoy a not-so-crowded baja. I was even glad to see a recent story about some killings in Mexico City, becuase I knew that a lot of gringo's clump Mexico into one big out-of-control country. Their loss.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
4 black guys and a white chick in a stolen caddy?
racist first impressions?:light:

Woody,
Corpses in a gully for over a week can look pretty dark....could be mistaken first impressions....:light:

Ged

Don't believe everything you think....
Aventurera
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 05:19 PM

So this morning the Mexican Army shot a U.S. Marine who blew through a military checkpoint in Rosarito. It seems he's alive, but I'm sure the U.S. media will have a field day with this one too!

http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/nota.aspx?idNota=305417&es...

[Edited on 5-21-2008 by Aventurera]
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 05:36 PM
The comentarios

The ones that follow the report are totally cool. Got some people with some opinions going.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 05:42 PM

Good thing the Mexican Army is a bad shot. Nothing was said in the Mexican paper as to weather the Marine was in uniform or civies.
Hard to tell what set off the Marine to blow the stop. Popotla is a low-key stop and they generally flag through any one with a US plate.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.