Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: CORPORATION VS FIDEICOMISO
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 5-23-2008 at 08:20 PM

I don't think any of the Diaz's are hurting for $$, but I could be wrong.

The time concept is something I hadn't considered though.

Hope you are both well, Bob and Susan. :)

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
fulano
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2008 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gadget
Only problem fulano, is a lease is only good for 10 yrs less a day legally, and there are no legal rental contracts in Baja. So you are at the mercy of the landlord regarding their ethics, hikes or the boot. Not so secure if you really like a place and want to grow some roots.

You're missing the point. The best lease in Mexico is a handshake month-to-month deal. I wouldn't sign anything, if I didn't have to. I don't understand your comment about there being "no legal rental contracts in Baja". A lease is a contract to rent. There are rental properties everywhere and tenants are not that easy to find. If your landlord wants to be a pain then you are better off being able to leave, than being locked-in for 10-years with a pendejo landlord. A long-term lease is not to your advantage. If you sign for 10-years and then get sick and have to go back to the states in a couple of years, you still will owe another 8 years' rent.

The highest leverage you will ever have as a foreigner against a Mexican landlord is to be able to say, "OK, si Ud. no arregla el techo, entonces adiós.".
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2008 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
I don't think any of the Diaz's are hurting for $$, but I could be wrong.

One thing you may consider about the Diaz is that they are in perpetual disagreement of which one owns which part of the pie left by the parents .... if you get my drift.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-24-2008 at 06:15 AM

foolano...there are renters and there are buyers...

its not about the "owning"...sometimes...
its about the "journey"

do you think "oladulce" from this board ONLY wants to own a house...
look at her reasearch WOW:o:o

and the JUNK "for rent" here in baja :o:o
you may not even be able to live in it

remember...you can't take the money with you!!!

remember people here put in ($$$) only what they can loose

you didn't work ALL your life to suffer with BAD toilets, dirty floors, mold, and stink did you???

[Edited on 5-24-2008 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 5-24-2008 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fulano
Quote:
Only problem fulano, is a lease is only good for 10 yrs less a day legally, and there are no legal rental contracts in Baja. So you are at the mercy of the landlord regarding their ethics, hikes or the boot. Not so secure if you really like a place and want to grow some roots.

You're missing the point. The best lease in Mexico is a handshake month-to-month deal. I wouldn't sign anything, if I didn't have to. I don't understand your comment about there being "no legal rental contracts in Baja". A lease is a contract to rent. There are rental properties everywhere and tenants are not that easy to find. If your landlord wants to be a pain then you are better off being able to leave, than being locked-in for 10-years with a pendejo landlord. A long-term lease is not to your advantage. If you sign for 10-years and then get sick and have to go back to the states in a couple of years, you still will owe another 8 years' rent.

The highest leverage you will ever have as a foreigner against a Mexican landlord is to be able to say, "OK, si Ud. no arregla el techo, entonces adiós.".

Don't get me wrong fulano, your points were well made and received. My comment regarding no rentals was more from the perspective of a legal standpoint. A lease is a long term rental, granted but differs IMO from a month to month rent which can change any or every month.

Now than said, my In-laws have a sweet deal at BoLA. I think they very much trust Chubasco and the "hand shake" rental agreement they have with him. They pay the rent annually. But, they have also put a pretty good chunk of money into improvements to make a place nice that they don't own. They could walk away from it but it wouldn't be happy trails.

If Chubasco, or another of his decendants decided to be a pendejo and sold the place out from under them, Pa-in-law would go get Rogers backhoe and knock some stuff down before he left.

From my limited 1st hand knowledge, I think BoLA is a very unique situation regarding realestate, just like it is in it's natural uniqueness. That said, change is on the wind and I think some of the, little out of the way, security of dealing with a very small number of land owners is starting to change, just as Roberto stated.

I am just trying to get more understanding of, if or how, a fide applies to the area as I know the folks are too busy dealing with the boat flipping, to work on any other research.

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.