Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  14
Author: Subject: 4TH ANNUAL PREZ DAY WEEKEND NOMAD RIDE
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2008 at 11:09 PM

Feb, 14-16 2009(PRESIDENTS DAY)..
You are welcome to join in..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
El Comadante Loco
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2008 at 11:15 PM

Thanks, I will put it on my calendar...
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2009 at 09:33 AM

Ok gang 09 is here, and the BaJaNoMaD trail ride is near.
The dates are Feb-14((Saturday))throught Feb-16((Monday Presidents day).Just a riminder, so mark it in your calendars.

Possible runs- El Berrendo canyon,El Parral or maybe Matomi again including Aguacaliente canyon if is open, alot country to explore.
Final destination can be set on saturday when met, depending on crowd numbers.

Metting place still in the works,maybe we can bribe Bajawarrior(mordida), to let us set up in his propety, will see.

High clearence vehicle it's a must 4wd optinal,I got plenny of straps:lol::lol:.

So mark your calendar FEB-14-16 PRESINDENTS DAY 2009
BAJANOMAD TRAIL RIDE

[Edited on 1-1-2009 by BAJACAT]

MATOMI TRIP PRESIDENTS DAY-2008 062.JPG - 47kB
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 04:45 PM

Any more details?......when /where to meet.......will trip start on saturday .....what time......ect....:?:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 04:57 PM

Trail Ride! With vehicles? It's not a trail ride unless you're on horseback!;D Must be one of those California things?:?:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 05:16 PM

Heard that Agua Caliente was open... I would really like to see some photos of what work they did to utilize the super high flow hot spring in there, to make it intio a campground with hot tubs ala Guadalupe Canyon.

I do not believe I will be able to join you guys, took the last Baja travel dime to go see the mystery at Las Animas... Unless some good jobs come along!

If you guys do go up Agua Caliente, please take mucho photos!

Gracias!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 05:44 PM

I would definately like to see Aqua Caliente as we could not get to it last year.

Gadget, definatley potluck again, that was fun and easy.

Here's the thing, it's cold out there in Feburary, we'd prefer a long day's trip especially if it's to Aqua Caliente, not as far and rough of a trail as Matomi. Plus, with the completion of our new home and in addition to our original home we have 4 extra available bedrooms plus two hide-a-beds in one house.

So maybe on Saturday a Shell Island cruise with a trip to the Sulphur Mine (both within 5 miles of my house) and then a potluck Saturday night with an early morning departure Sunday morning (I will provide coffee again, even to go if you want).

It's quicker to exit to the north through El Dorado and return via the highway back to my house even stopping in town for dinner, so maybe that could be factored in. That would leave time to check out a second canyon as BajaLou suggested, Berrendero?

Gadget, I'll reserve the same bedroom for you and BajaLeti, and BajaCat too. Plenty of room for RV's at my compound plus house privledges will be extended to all.

Let's talk this up some more, sounds like we have a few other Nomads interested.

BW

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 05:54 PM

Very kind of you Chuck... true Baja Nomad hospitality! We missed seeing you New Year's Eve (if you were there)... After Lou's turkey, we opted to all sit around a fire in front of BajaRob's sipping fine tequila with some of the neighbors at Bahia Santa Maria.

It's fun to kid Gary about his Steelers and our Chargers too! Wow, he would never believe they are playing each other in a few days!

Have a great Matomi or Valle Chico trip... send me some irrigation referals so I can go too!:spingrin:;)

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
I would definately like to see Aqua Caliente as we could not get to it last year.

Gadget, definatley potluck again, that was fun and easy.

Here's the thing, it's cold out there in Feburary, we'd prefer a long day's trip especially if it's to Aqua Caliente, not as far and rough of a trail as Matomi. Plus, with the completion of our new home and in addition to our original home we have 4 extra available bedrooms plus two hide-a-beds in one house.

So maybe on Saturday a Shell Island cruise with a trip to the Sulphur Mine (both within 5 miles of my house) and then a potluck Saturday night with an early morning departure Sunday morning (I will provide coffee again, even to go if you want).

It's quicker to exit to the north through El Dorado and return via the highway back to my house even stopping in town for dinner, so maybe that could be factored in. That would leave time to check out a second canyon as BajaLou suggested, Berrendero?

Gadget, I'll reserve the same bedroom for you and BajaLeti, and BajaCat too. Plenty of room for RV's at my compound plus house privledges will be extended to all.

Let's talk this up some more, sounds like we have a few other Nomads interested.

BW

You're on Chuck.
BajaLeti will be behind the wheel of the Grandchickoree and I will be demoted to co-dog.
Seems I need to spend some time watching the scenery and gain some terrain reading skills so I can keep my rig on its wheels. :(:(
Pretty sure I will have the holiday off (paid even) with the new job.
Potluck sounds great again! That was good times last year.
Will stay posted.
G

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 06:48 PM

Hey G,

yes keep all four down, your running low on vehicles!

BTW, unless you can get ahold of one, I have an extra VHF handheld Radio if you need otherwise I can pass it on to someone else, that goes for anyone else, we use Marine VHF down here, see if you can borrow one, otherwise the family walky talky's can be used, we have extra's of those too, so we'll be carrying that type as well as the built in VHF radio in our truck.

I did some minor improvements on my Toyota. Bilstein's, new exhaust less Cat, mirrors, and of course new Infinity speakers! So we're ready to rock AND roll.

David, yep, we were there and at the Kelly's party on the Bahia, a progressive party with soup at every stop. Could've been talked into some Tequila sipping that night... Too bad you didnt have the chance to stop on by but I know you were heading south on a Mission Mission so maybe next time.

BW

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
Any more details?......when /where to meet.......will trip start on saturday .....what time......ect....:?:

Hi Jim,

meeting place will be at my casa which is about 25 miles south of San Felipe and 3/4 mile north of Nuevo Mazatlan.

Your welcome to stay at our place, join the fun, we have plenty of room. Please read my post above dated today 1-6 for more details.

How about all of the Nomads that attended last year, this is your personal invite...

[Edited on 1-7-2009 by BajaWarrior]

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 10:04 PM

Thanks Chuck I might take you on your offer, Your plan sounds good I have never been in Shell island.Agua caliente and berrendo sounds good too,Im ready I will buying my spare by the end of the month
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2009 at 05:22 PM

Bumping this up.

Hey gang, get in on this great trip, it's only 6 weeks away...

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2009 at 07:26 PM

! iF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2009 at 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior

David, yep, we were there and at the Kelly's party on the Bahia, a progressive party with soup at every stop. Could've been talked into some Tequila sipping that night... Too bad you didnt have the chance to stop on by but I know you were heading south on a Mission Mission so maybe next time.

BW

We were still full from BajaLou's turkey bash, nobody had much energy to go do the house to house... so some of the neighbors came to us... on quads. We had a very good breakfast at Chelo's the next morning, then off to L.A. Bay for us!

If you see Gary (the big time Steeler's fan, 2 houses past Rob), tell him I said "Keep your feet dry, the Chargers will be on your turf and you could get zapped!"

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2009 at 07:35 PM

common David you have to attend this one,do a quick refund on your taxes to get some baja money..

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2009 at 09:58 PM
Matomi 2008

MATOMI TRIP PRESIDENTS DAY-2008 074.JPG - 48kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2009 at 09:59 PM
Matomi 2008

MATOMI TRIP PRESIDENTS DAY-2008 087.JPG - 47kB

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2009 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
common David you have to attend this one,do a quick refund on your taxes to get some baja money..

Refund??? Oh, no, no, no my friend... I am self employed and its all about how little I will need to pay THEM! Next check goes out in 3 days!:o:no::(

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2009 at 08:01 PM

Im still hoping you get a job soon, so you can have some money for this trip, let me tell my wife we need a new sprinkler system on my no grass yard,:lol:, maybe she wont notice that we never had a lawn before,jejejeje

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  14

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.