The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
woosh and cabo ron....if it's so bad down here why are you living here?

that's always the first argument the stupid use.

Good deflection. Throw back an insult.

The weather report for the next week appears to be warming and dry. Last week's runoff in your neighborhood will enjoy the trend. Seems like a good place for you, please stay.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Iv'e seen grown ladies and men squat next to their cars to defacte and just leave it there.

I "found" one of those leavings stepping out of the truck in the dark (in my sandals) at Cabras back in 1995...:barf:

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 01:43 PM

I did pull two puppies out of a sewer drain this week. The mother dog was crying and the very young pups were nearly dead from the cold and being stuck in the waste. One couldn't even stand. We hosed off the puppies and used plastic bags over our hands to carry them back to the owners house. The nicely dresssed lady didn't care- and didn't even say thank-you-- all she said is " I'm still missing one". The mother dog and puppies were all outside in the dirt (nevera allowed shelter or warmth)- I moved the wet ones we saved into the sun and left disgusted with that mexicans lakl of care and compassion for her OWN animals.

In another few hours they would have been dead. I'd hate to be her family.

[Edited on 1-27-2009 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
Quote:
Quote:

The weather report for the next week appears to be warming and dry. Last week's runoff in your neighborhood will enjoy the trend. Seems like a good place for you, please stay.

we love watching the children play in the "chocolate water". We tell the parents it's bad for them- but they just shrug. I have a front row seat of an about-to-fail country and their environmentally-stupid people. Why would I leave that?

At least no police heads on the beach this year... yet. I wonder where they dump the "Stew"

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
This area (Roasrtio Beach) has no idea of environmental anything- and it all flows north to Imperial Beach in a day or two. It' just gross.

If that were the case I wouldn't care. It doesn't all flow north. ;D

yes, it does. The current runs that direction or Imperial Beach wouldn't be the dirtiest beachwater in the state.

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can't handle the truth? I don't why people got their panties bunched up. It was just an accurate observation. Gross- but totally accurate. Why is everyone so defensive? It is what it is...

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

we love watching the children play in the "chocolate water". We tell the parents it's bad for them- but they just shrug. I have a front row seat of an about-to-fail country and their environmentally-stupid people. Why would I leave that?

At least no police heads on the beach this year... yet. I wonder where they dump the "Stew"

:lol::lol::bounce::lol:

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The recent high tides cleand the beach, thank you. Happens every january. The true reason we built our pool was so our dogs could swim and sanitize after every beach walk. EVERY. We don't mind clean dogs and clean water in the house (it's all slate flooring inside and out anyway). We really do call the pool- the "dog dip" and keep it heavily chlorinated.

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
I did pull two puppies out of a sewer drain this week. The mother dog was crying and the very young pups were nearly dead from the cold and being stuck in the waste. One couldn't even stand. We hosed off the puppies and used plastic bags over our hands to carry them back to the owners house. The nicely dresssed lady didn't care- and didn't even say thank-you-- all she said is " I'm still missing one". The mother dog and puppies were all outside in the dirt (nevera allowed shelter or warmth)- I moved the wet ones we saved into the sun and left disgusted with that mexicans lakl of care and compassion for her OWN animals.

In another few hours they would have been dead. I'd hate to be her family.

But, Woosh, we can't mess with Mexican customs ... :lol::lol:

They only keep the dogs around so they can listen to their incessent barking :lol::lol::lol:

CaboRon

Dave
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 1-27-2009 at 02:23 PM
Well alrighty then...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
This area (Roasrtio Beach) has no idea of environmental anything- and it all flows north to Imperial Beach in a day or two. It' just gross.

If that were the case I wouldn't care. It doesn't all flow north. ;D

yes, it does. The current runs that direction or Imperial Beach wouldn't be the dirtiest beachwater in the state.

I truly don't care. What a relief. :rolleyes:

You need to let go of the anger. You really can't do anthing about anything down here. Go with the flow...so to speak. :rolleyes:

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 02:30 PM

I have always wondered how Mexican parents can let their kids swim in runoff from storms. After a good rain it's common to see children as well as adults swimming or playing in swollen arroyos that lead thru town.

Unbelievable to think they are either that uneducated or caring. Are those people actually immune to cholera, dysentery etc. etc. etc.?

It's amazing they don't have huge fatal epidemics.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 02:48 PM

Gee, here we go. See what you started Zac. I'm a Mexican. 4 yr degree. Didn't
know I was filthy and a uneducated peasant. I will have to change my resume.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
I have always wondered how Mexican parents can let their kids swim in runoff from storms. After a good rain it's common to see children as well as adults swimming or playing in swollen arroyos that lead thru town.

Unbelievable to think they are either that uneducated or caring. Are those people actually immune to cholera, dysentery etc. etc. etc.?

From what I understand, people's immune systems adjust somewhat to their accustomed environments, protecting them---------I make a conscience effort to NOT protect myself from the elements of my environment, for this very reason------I want my immune system to stay strong, and constant exposure to mild toxins helps to keep it that way, so I am led to believe. I am seldom sick, and I think part of that is my active exposure to things that mildly might harm me.

Just a thought.

Barry
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 03:08 PM

How about a grand bargain? We provide for a useful, year round flow of Colorado River water to cross the border, and Mexico institutes a program prevent the debris in the Tijuana River from flowing North.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

We live in Imperial Beach and we won't let out dogs swim here any more---too many ear infections. They only get to swim in Bahia Asuncion.

But some surfers and some families are crazy---even when the contaminated signs are up, they are out in the water. So, it is not just south of the border where people choose to swim and surf in rotten dangerous water.

The lifeguards hate it---they don't want to have to go out and save any one. We have seen them driving back and forth asking people to stay out of the water and announcing the dangers, but especially if the surf is up, there is no stopping them.

BTW, not to defend Imperial Beach, but they are not always on the top of the most polluted Southern California Beaches :P

And it is strange, when our beaches are reported as contaminated, the beaches in Coronado always report, no data available. :lol:

Diane

On edit---If you really want to see EXTREME pollution, go check out the New River in Calexico.

[Edited on 1-27-2009 by jdtrotter]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
On edit---If you really want to see EXTREME pollution, go check out the New River in Calexico.

You know why that airliner didn't sink in the Hudson River? It couldn't. The water is so dirty they couldn't see the engine still on the wing. Thought it had sank with the other.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
How about a grand bargain? We provide for a useful, year round flow of Colorado River water to cross the border, and Mexico institutes a program prevent the debris in the Tijuana River from flowing North.

As stated by Diane Trotter, the NEW RIVER coming from Mexicali into the Imperial Valley is a HUGE problem, and has been for 50+ years. Yes, the USA should be providing more Colorado River water to the HUGE agricultural areas south of Mexicali as is provided for in treaties (but we won't), and Yes the Mexican Govt. should be controlling their pollution, both in the Mexicali area and the TJ area (but they won't).

It is a classic "stand off", as it has been for many years------frustrating, but "it is what it is".

Barry
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 03:41 PM

Of course Barry that can be a factor......unless you contact some super nasty bug. Then all you acquired immune reponses will mean nada.

Please explain how you DO NOT protect yourself. You mean like not dressing for the weather? Standing face to face with sick or sneezing people? You hike in the nude? :olo: :lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
the NEW RIVER coming from Mexicali into the Imperial Valley is a HUGE problem, and has been for 50+ years.

Barry

When we were in Calexico, I had a dvd from the New River Committee that I used in the classroom and one of their proposals at the time was to build over it like they did in Mexicali----now that would fix the problem. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So people continue to surf and swim in Imperial Beach when the contaminated signs are up, and people golf by the New River, and the high school cross-country team practices along side of the river---crazy, just crazy, IMHO

BTW, the solid trash talked about in the article Zac posted is not in Imperial Beach---it is south of Imperial Beach---doesn't make it any better, but after that horrible misrepresentation of our town on that new so called reality show about millionaires giving away money, people around here like to set the record straight. :biggrin:

[Edited on 1-27-2009 by jdtrotter]

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 04:09 PM

So, you're saying the only thing wrong with Mexico is Mexicans. Nice. Maybe stay home. Travel to Cambodia or somewhere else. People with your kind of attitude don't deserve to be able to gain access to Mexico. You embarass me, as an American.

I'm guessing that your only real contact with Mexicans has been the rural peasant types. Actually, Mexico has a huge population of highly educated and cultured people. Great universities, museums, medical facilities. You're just not going to encounter those things camping on a secluded beach in the middle of Baja.

And for the record, the United States is home to quite a number of ill-mannered, ill-educated, backward people as well.
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.