Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 08:58 PM
Just when it appeared you "got the point"

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
it takes creativity to make the gesture meaningful.

It would be even more meaningful if you methodically tapped on your forehead with your middle finger. Cover all bases....so to speak. :lol:

OOOps...forgot the laughing head

[Edited on 5-15-2009 by DENNIS]

well, guess you did not.
I will repeat,
any 3 tooth Okie can lift the middle finger.
why bring myself down to that level?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 06:13 AM

Quote:

Just when it appeared you "got the point"

Well, actually Runner, my point was this------:lol:-------
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 10:20 AM
I'm an Okie...

Quote:
any 3 tooth Okie can lift the middle finger.

have more than three teeth and have never used the gesture.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 10:35 AM

I grew up in New York. Moved to SoCal after college. I was immediately struck by the fact, when driving, you never heard car horns honking. Seems that the more genteel people of the Southwest substituted the "half-peace"sign for the horn. Unfortunately, that was almost 40 years ago. Times have changed. Road rage and such. Doesn't matter whether you're in TJ or SLO, it's just not a wise thing to do with strangers. And unless I missed it, did anyone comment on the likely cuffing and stuffing should someone flip off a cop North of the border?
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd unless I missed it, did anyone comment on the likely cuffing and stuffing should someone flip off a cop North of the border?

I din't use the half peace sign as a fleeting road rage symbol - but to accurately reflect what I thought of his actions. I actually spoke the words they mean several times to him in front of the judge and never backed down.

In the USA it is protected free speech like burning the flag... no?

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

Maybe yes but, probably not in court. Might have earned you ninety days in the US.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Maybe yes but, probably not in court. Might have earned you ninety days in the US.

yea, like any state can afford to jail a person for that these days. Arnold is talking about closing the state prisons and lettting the non-viloent convicts (druggies mostly) out.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
htnfool
Nomad

Mood: Fishy

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 06:39 PM

My brother in law flipped off a cop with both hands and got an instant 'Inattentive driving' ticket. It's one step below a DUI. The judge hammered him, rightfully so.

After the cop wrote the ticket, he told him that "if he had just used one hand he wouldn't have a ticket to write, so thanks for using both hands", LOL...
BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 09:47 PM

It's never happened to me in Baja, but there are quite a number of corrupt city traffic cops in mainland Mexico that I would gladly pay $384 MXN for the pleasure of flipping off. Particularly in Acapulco and Mex City.

In my experience, Baja, south of TJ anyway, is a world apart from that mainland Mexico experience, which is why so many of us appreciate it, but I know others have run into the naive or officious cop in Baja who drives one crazy, but it is not common---at least, I don't think it is.

I'm not condoning the behavior of the cops in the Woooosh experience, but many cops the world over are boyish fellows, and gawd, those guys in TJ have had a hard time lately. It will ruin your sense of humor to go to funeral after funeral of your office mates. If they take offense a little too easily, it may be because their nerves are a little frayed.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 5-16-2009 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno
It's never happened to me in Baja, but there are quite a number of corrupt city traffic cops in mainland Mexico that I would gladly pay $384 MXN for the pleasure of flipping off. Particularly in Acapulco and Mex City.

In my experience, Baja, south of TJ anyway, is a world apart from that mainland Mexico experience, which is why so many of us appreciate it, but I know others have run into the naive or officious cop in Baja who drives one crazy, but it is not common---at least, I don't think it is.

I'm not condoning the behavior of the cops in the Woooosh experience, but many cops the world over are boyish fellows, and gawd, those guys in TJ have had a hard time lately. It will ruin your sense of humor to go to funeral after funeral of your office mates. If they take offense a little too easily, it may be because their nerves are a little frayed.

Good points.

But the TJ police that are left onduty here were supposed to have passed psychological screenings and background checks. I think they lowered the bar to underground...

oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 5-17-2009 at 05:29 AM

And if those 12 guys in the three white cars had been some of the narco cholos...........you might not be posting here today.

[Edited on 5-17-2009 by oxxo]
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 5-17-2009 at 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
And if those 12 guys in the three white cars had been some of the narco guys...........you may not be posting here today.

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 5-17-2009 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
And if those 12 guys in the three white cars had been some of the narco guys...........you may not be posting here today.

..and just last night another assistant Chief of Police is slaughtered.

For anyone who hasn't seen the inside of the TJ main police station- the lack of computers and technology is stunning. It looks like the Flintstones. It's gonna be a years before they discover the internet.

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2009 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
For anyone who hasn't seen the inside of the TJ main police station- the lack of computers and technology is stunning. It looks like the Flintstones. It's gonna be a years before they discover the internet.

I thought that Ferna took a group on a tour of the police command center a couple years ago- a VERY modern set up.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
BJSoccer16
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2009 at 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno

I cross daily in and out of SD from TJ and I'm always cautious crossing the street near the border where the buses are because the cops whip out of there like crazy, endangering the lives of pedestrians and causing other drivers to take evasive action to avoid collision.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2009 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
As I approached the border yesterday in the "SAN DIEGO ONLY" lane. I got caught in the middle of three small white unmarked cars zigzagging lanes and playing cat-mouse games with each other. I was literally caught in the middle of the three and had two near collisions as I couldn't get left or right. Each time they almost hit my car the occupants in the back seats turned, pointed and laughed at me. No lights, no sirens no plates. It could have been an abduction attempt for all I knew. I responded with the international sign of peace and love as I pulled into line. Of course they were police.

I followed them to the station (all twelve of them in three cars) while I phoned the cars ID numbers to my friend at the TJ Police Department. It cost me $384 pesos (because I refused show respect to the officer who lead the group- even in front of the judge). I felt this was intentional harassment aimed at a tourist. After admitting he endangered my safety the cops said he would have had to pay for any damage done to my car so I shouldn't have been upset. Huh?

Thanks to some friends high up in the Police Department I had a nice sit down chat with the assistant Chief of Police right after who assured me these men and women were very wrong, out of control and that they should be out fighting crime instead of terrorizing tourists approaching the border lines. 24 man hours were wasted from fighting crime because the officer was offended I flipped him off. That didn't sit well with the assitant chief- who called them all back to the station for a "meeting".

Luckily all the license and registration info I supplied was with my USA post office box info. They have no love for tourists visiting Mexico and said so several times.

Considering the conditions those guys work in (getting killed left and right by groups of gunmen with Ak47s) i say nobody in the the department is going to give damn.

What you did was VERY risky to put it mildly, thats why they where probably laughing, they probably couldn't believe someone did something as crazy as that.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2009 at 03:25 PM

By the way, when cops in Mexico are going to intercept a car considered suspicious, they do exactly what those guys did to you. They sort of cram around you zig zaggin in and out. What happened is that you where suspicious to them, and they aproached you to see what was up with you. When they saw you flipping them off they probably realized you where a crazy gringo and thats why they started laughling.

k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2009 at 04:09 PM

ALL the TJ cops I've seen while driving around playas (almost every day) are traveling in 3 car patrols, each car with at least two cops. Dangerous duty, assume they're on edge, don't phuk with them.
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 12-12-2009 at 09:04 PM

TJ cops what a joke~~~

READY SET.....................
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2009 at 05:22 AM

AFN CAUGHT THEM USING BAD JUDGEMENT

Story here: http://afntijuana.info/blog/?p=23307

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.