Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: La Camorra Pasta Pizza & Grill - La Paz
lingililingili
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2009 at 06:36 PM

Longlegs: I haven't laughed so hard as when I just read your post! You are sooooo sensitive to any spice! I'm sorry but I really like their pizza and I really like their little appetizers they put out while you are waiting for dinner and I really like that there is NO corkage fee for wine (you may not know this about me, but I do like wine)! I'm sorry your omelet was too peppery. Next time just say "quiero el omelet mas delicioso de la casa SIN pimienta o chile"!
Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz
BMG & Linguine, you know call-a-spade-a-spade-me....sorry to report, but Morgaine7 & I stopped in there for breakfast....based solely on your recommendation. I looked over the menu & figured a shrimp omelet wouldn't have anything HOT in it. The waitress couldn't understand me (nor apparently Morgaines' Espanol!:P) so she got the cook, who did speak English I said no onions, no hot peppers, nothing hot or spicy. He said okay....I was obviously lax in omitting to mention that 1/2 cup of black pepper (possibly 3/4 cup....but I was too busy choking to take time out for a more accurate quantity check!) mixed into the eggs before cooking wouldn't be acceptable either. There was so friggin much black pepper in there that I choked on the first bite....I took a second bite to make sure it wasn't all just in one spot....choked again....the waitress studiously avoided our table & I came damn closed to finding my way back to the kitchen on my own for a piece of bread to get the pepper out of my throat. I ate the shrimp in a failed attempt to get the pepper out of my throat. I left all the rest of the omelet; I did tell the waitress I'd choked on the black pepper & the waitress informed me that black pepper is not hot!:( They didn't offer to adjust the bill for my inedible meal, so I paid, but that's the first last & only time I'll darken their doorstep.

Morgaine7, the spicy senora enjoyed her meal, naturally!:lol:

I agree with Jesse, their portions are really small compared to their prices....but maybe they expect to their patrons to just toss a $500 peso bill on the table in their rush to ER for oxygen!

Thanks for bumping this back to the top twogringos....sorry my opinion of the place is rabidly opposed to yours. More table space for you & BMG!:bounce:

•Life is just one damned thing after another
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2009 at 06:37 PM

Legs - other Nomads should be clued in to your tolerance level for spicy foods. Let's just say that vanilla ice cream is about it for you unless it has the actual vanilla specks in it. Maybe your Mom should have started you out earlier in life with something that had a little kick to it.

Gerber picante.jpg - 45kB

I think the world is run by C- students.
lingililingili
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2009 at 06:56 PM

Why, yes it is. Thank you for noticing!

Quote:
Originally posted by morgaine7
Lingililingili, that's a spice in your new avatar, isn't it? :o

•Life is just one damned thing after another
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2009 at 07:46 PM

Linguines new avatar looks like freshly sprouted maple leaves....in the Oregon rain!:yes:

BMG hurry you & get back here....we'll go for Chinese food & I'll out Chinese mustard you!:P

Glad I was able to add a whole lotta humor to your day!:(
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2009 at 10:49 PM

La Paz is the most difficult market i have ever been involved in, in all of North America. You can afford to pick your segment in Cabo, Tijuana, San Diego, NY, or Vancouver. You cannot afford to do that here. If you don't get Mexicans wich represent about 50% of your income, your done, and same for Americans. This year for example, Mexicans have represented about 80% of our business, without them, we wouldn't be here.

BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
We've eaten here a few times now. Good food with excellent presentation and service.

The first (and last) time I ate there, ordered chilaquiles and shortly after the order, noticed the waiter stroll out and return from the Oxxo with a plastic bag of totopos. Didn't think much of it till I received my breakfast. You guessed it... :o

--Larry

Always an issue when talking about a restaurant. Some folks will like it and others won't. So far, most people that I have talked to have had a positive experience eating at La Camorra.

We've been to one of the other highly rated restaurants in La Paz 3 different times and have not been happy with them. Almost everyone else says the place is great. Go figure.

bajajazz
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 10:59 AM

I knew a reporter in Seattle who was summarily, unexpectedly and inappropriately assigned to cover the food beat. He hadn't a clue about cuisine, had to look up the word. So he did the only thing he knew how to do -- wrote a food column on junk food restaurants. Compared the ambience of McDonalds to Carls Jr., the presentation at Arbys as opposed to Dairy Queen, the burgers at Jack In The Box to the burgers at Burger King.

I relate to that guy. I like the pizza and fettucine alfredo at Toscana, the biscuits and gravy at Baja Biscuits, the apple pie at Americanos, the burgers at Kikis and Bandidos and if I'm up for a splurge the honey glazed salmon at Tres Virgines, although I always feel a bit out of place in any context that involves virgins.

Is it just me, or have the corner food stands forgotten how to make a good hot dog? When I first came here in '87 the only consistently good food in town was at the sidewalk stands and the dogs were terrific. Most of the restaurants were crap, although Mar de Cortez (which had a dirt floor at the time) was terrific. The old mamacita there really knew how to cook. Then they paved the floor and put in a bar and that was the end of that. Ah, progress.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
I've eaten chilaquiles in most every state from Chihuahua to Quintana Roo, and that was a first. :O

I thought they were supposed to be made with fresh tortillas just like enchiladas. In fact, that's what I thought they were, a disorganized enchilada. No nacho chips allowed.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
I think Jesse's right, $294mx for a New York Steak? Even $192mx for a Chicken dish is very high. These are prices you could find in So Cal at a fine dining restaurant.

Breakfast prices don't seem too bad though. The pictures of the plates look very appetizing though.

Ken

Those are Cabo prices.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgaine7
I thought they were supposed to be made from tortilla leftovers!

Kate

Actually, Chilaquiles are made with day old Tortillas. You leave them out of the bag spreaded over a counter so they can lose their moisture. The next day they will be a little dry, wich will make them extra crunchy when fried. If you use fresh tortillas, they wont get as crunchy, and will get mushy very quick.

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 01:47 PM

Less fat in the Sabritas.:O:lol::rolleyes:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
We had a Vietnamese/Thai restaurant called Fussion open earlier this year.

Dang! Dunno how that one slipped past-- I've been hoping for a decent Thai restaurant in La Paz for years and would've been a strong contributor to their cause. :)

-Larry

Don't worry, you didn't miss a thing, the food was average at best. Theres a new Thai lounge right next to La Pazta, but i havent heard anything yet.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 03:47 PM

Chilaquiles made with tortilla chips = nachos.
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
We had a Vietnamese/Thai restaurant called Fussion open earlier this year.

Dang! Dunno how that one slipped past-- I've been hoping for a decent Thai restaurant in La Paz for years and would've been a strong contributor to their cause. :)

-Larry

Don't worry, you didn't miss a thing, the food was average at best. Theres a new Thai lounge right next to La Pazta, but i havent heard anything yet.

We ate at La Pazion in June. It was okay.

La_Pazion_Thai_June5_2009.jpg - 48kB

elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2009 at 09:56 PM

Interesting name for an Italian restaurant...in Campania, principally Naples, the camorra is the local version of the mafia in Sicily, only older than the mafia. In the US, immigrants from the camorra and the mafia joined forces.
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2009 at 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elizabeth
Interesting name for an Italian restaurant...in Campania, principally Naples, the camorra is the local version of the mafia in Sicily, only older than the mafia. In the US, immigrants from the camorra and the mafia joined forces.

That's the theme of the decor.

twogringos
Nomad

Mood: I feel more like I do now than I ever have before

[*] posted on 5-8-2010 at 12:59 PM

They have moved to restaurant row. Now located on Madero, across the street from the Buffalo BBQ.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.