Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Chinese food at Sin Lee's
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 12-24-2009 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup

Just checked on line with Pick-up Sticks:

Yeah, but you just got done saying, "it's not "Pick-Up-Sticks" to look at..." I've never seen a Pick-Up-Sticks with a dirt parking lot with three parking spaces, a line of square tables and plastic chairs.

Pick-Up-Stix is a high-end Chinese fast food place. Take a look at the menu at the Arizona Chinese Restaurant somebody else just posted. You said at Sin Lee's "Dinners for two were priced at $16 USD and you got 4 main items, plus soup, salad, and I think rice too." At the Arizona Chinese Restaurant:

Chicken Chow Mein
Pork Fried Rice
Sweet & Sour Wings
BBQ Pork
Egg Roll
Fried Noodles
Soup of the Day
$7.95

Like I said, the price is the same as in the US, which kind of kills the myth of Mexico being cheaper, doesn't it? It really makes you wonder. I know the rent in that dive is only a fraction of what one would pay NOB, labor is cheaper (minimum wage is 1/10th of US), raw food is cheaper. Where's all that extra money going?

No soy por ni contra apatía.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-25-2009 at 05:57 AM
And the point is

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup

Just checked on line with Pick-up Sticks:

Yeah, but you just got done saying, "it's not "Pick-Up-Sticks" to look at..." I've never seen a Pick-Up-Sticks with a dirt parking lot with three parking spaces, a line of square tables and plastic chairs.

Pick-Up-Stix is a high-end Chinese fast food place. Take a look at the menu at the Arizona Chinese Restaurant somebody else just posted. You said at Sin Lee's "Dinners for two were priced at $16 USD and you got 4 main items, plus soup, salad, and I think rice too." At the Arizona Chinese Restaurant:

Chicken Chow Mein
Pork Fried Rice
Sweet & Sour Wings
BBQ Pork
Egg Roll
Fried Noodles
Soup of the Day
$7.95

Like I said, the price is the same as in the US, which kind of kills the myth of Mexico being cheaper, doesn't it? It really makes you wonder. I know the rent in that dive is only a fraction of what one would pay NOB, labor is cheaper (minimum wage is 1/10th of US), raw food is cheaper. Where's all that extra money going?

Oh, I was so happy this Christmas morning, he left me a present.. a post from Arrowhead…

To start with, we both don't like Pick-up Sticks as their food sucks.. I took the picture of Arizona for the advertisement, not their food.. As I have never eaten there and don’t have their menu. My post on Pick-up sticks prices were due to your post about my incorrect statement on price, and that was the restaurant, which I had used to illustrate “what Sin Lee’s place was not”

Your generalized statement about price, one would have to do a survey, which might not be a bad idea for Chinese restaurants in Baja, as that is where we are, not in the States.

I took the picture of Sin Lee's so that folks; 1-new where it was, 2-new up front what it looked like and 3-could see the parking area... as I think I also posted that the road was tore up and I parked in the street.

And just what is your underlying POINT, for me I was trying to give a little business to a small business in Primo Tapia.. Would appear that you want to slow his business even more, something I don't get!!...

Let's see what your saying? It's cheaper in the U.S. or that the food is not as good, or that my statement might not be correct or that you don't like what I posted..

I also posted that you can buy water in Primo Tapia too.. I suppose you can buy water in the states cheaper too, why didn’t you jump on that, as one can... or do you have a thing for Sin Lee’s

Will just say, If YOU don't want to give them a try, then drive the F*** on by!!! I wasn't aware I had a gun to your head, or your family as hostages....

As for the Arizona Chinese restaurant, I just thought their advertisement was somewhat funny.. If the humor of their "sign" escapes you, well that can’t be my fault too..

I posted under restaurant reviews, ... it was a review, and if you have eaten there (Sin Lee’s) then contribute something, which relates to the dinning experience.

As to the cat/horse/dog thing, it’s all protein… and for me, I’ve been eating off the street vendors in Mexico since 1952 and must be just plain lucky as I have only gotten sick once… and that was in Acapulco in a high end Hotel on a comped stay from Dow Chemical, the meal was steak, or horse which ever you prefer..

And, I would like to know if any of you that keep making the “cat” thing comment, factually know that “cat’s” are being used.. Or maybe it’s a type of humor, which I don’t know yet. I we were driving up in Primo on the other side of the toll road and saw a lot of chickens in people yards and some running lose.

I’ve dissected a few of cat’s while in school, their meat looked like chicken to me.. And I’ve never gotten sick on them yet.. So, what is the big woof!! Put hot sauce on it !!

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New.. Eat where you want, give a shout out for your favorite Chinese restaurant in Baja,... Please do, as we like good Chinese food, as do others it would appear.. and for the gas money to go up to the states for a meal, I’ll give it to Sin Lee so he can fatten up those cats:lol::lol::lol:

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2009 at 06:31 AM

DITTO!!!!!!!!Merry Christmas everyone:D:D:D

The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 12-25-2009 at 08:27 AM

There's a grinch every year. Can you find him on this thread?

Merry Christmas to Dennis, Dave, Mexicorn, Jan and Wesson.

Does Sin Lee mean without Lee?

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2009 at 08:39 AM

Merry christmas Dave and The Gull!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2009 at 08:40 AM

As they say at the Arizona restaurant....MELLY CLISSMAS.
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 07:19 PM

Well we had the BEST chinese lunch ever there today!!!! Lunch for 2 $12.00 with enough left for yet another meal, pork tastes like pork, chicken like chicken, and beef like beef, no meow in ours...

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 07:31 PM
Noproblemo2, Thanks for the First Hand Reporting

It is s always the best and most reliable.

Snark is easy, but going into the field and into the dining room can be...delicious, if you are fortunate.

Sounds like all the jokers (myself included) are missing out on some good, cheap eats.

I should eat some crow now, but I can't catch the dang things!

GJ

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 07:57 PM

I saw that sign last Friday on our way to deliver Christmas presents to a family that lives behind there. Positive reviews such as yours can mean a lot to a small, struggling family establishment. Thanks...

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

Almost. I've heard the Chinese food in China is terrible.

The most unpleasant Chinese food I've ever had was in Malaysia, where one third of the population is Chinese. There was a spice or a flavoring that was used in a chicken dish that I had never tasted before..and didn't like, but the most objectionable part was picking out bones & hunks of fat & skin. I started favoring vegetarian selections when ordering off the menu. Fortunately buffets were popular...I could check everything out first.

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
It is s always the best and most reliable.

Snark is easy, but going into the field and into the dining room can be...delicious, if you are fortunate.

Sounds like all the jokers (myself included) are missing out on some good, cheap eats.

I should eat some crow now, but I can't catch the dang things!

GJ
It's WELL worth a visit, the food is really good and the people who work there are so nice..

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 08:03 PM

It's also spotless

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 08:25 PM
Sin Lee

Quote:
Originally posted by noproblemo2
It's also spotless

Hope your not coughing up fur balls.. we are still ok, but I have this strange desire to curl up on the couch

All kidding aside, so glad you had a good eating experience, the folks that work there could use a few new customers, don't all restaurants ......

The wife took pictures of the menu... as they don't have extra ones.. the pictures are a bit rough, but they should give one an idea of what you can order and what is costs

http://web.me.com/wswesson/Wessongroup/Sin_Lee_menu.html

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 08:32 PM

Well you just reminded me I forgot to mention just how large a selection of foods that are available on their menu. Rivals any good Chinese Restaurant north of the border!!!! They are a MUST try establishments...

UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 12-29-2009 at 09:48 PM

Chinese food in Mexico isn't any diffrent than Mexican food NOB. Some good , some not so good. :spingrin:
You pay the price and take your chances....:lol::lol:
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2009 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UnoMas
Chinese food in Mexico isn't any diffrent than Mexican food NOB. Some good , some not so good. :spingrin:
You pay the price and take your chances....:lol::lol:

I wish I had that kind of insight into the way the world actually is.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2009 at 10:14 AM
Wiley

What is Chun Kun?

The #2 Special looks like a winner.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2009 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
What is Chun Kun?

Egg Roll.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2009 at 01:51 PM

Thanks Dennis, had no idea... and think I mentioned I did not like their egg roll.. the rest was good in my book.. my favorite however is the Chop Suey... plus his rice is very good too.. the wife just got the #8 and we have a lot of left over food.. I mean a lot, she order a side of the Cashew Chicken Chop Suey also .. going to be having the Chop Suey and rice again latter this afternoon.. Alone with the Mexican Army... as my wife just doesn't think we ever have enough food in the refrigerator.. this place we are renting is crimping her style, the box is about 10 cubic feet.. I don't think most women have refrigerators smaller that 25 cubic, plus one or two in the garage, Yeah I know "AND THE PROBLEM IS!!!"

Just had a cold ham and cheese on "Bagutte Grande Punto de Venta" 7 peso's from Walmart in Rosarito.. it was really, really very good bread!!

Gull... hope your dinning experience is good, hate to steer you wrong.. if it's bad I owe you a "rib eyed steak" OK

Oh, one thing they don't have that we like, pan fried noodles.. maybe if enough ask for them...:):):)

[Edited on 12-31-2009 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 12-31-2009 by wessongroup]

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2009 at 02:13 PM

I'm STILL eating Chinese food from Tuesday!!! So far 7 meals out of what was supposed to feed 2............

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2009 at 02:21 PM

Does anyone still have egg foo young on the menu?
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.