Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Mama Espinoza
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 08:59 AM

You guys are falling over yourselves to make something bad of anything I mention... tisk, tisk...

Restaurants in Mexico change a lot... new cooks... new name... new owner... etc.

Mama's has been over priced with poor service IN THE PAST. Our last time there was last July... and her grandson was running things instead of Roli (her daughter)... and the prices were lower and the service was fast and the breakfast was good. The restaurant was empty, because it was after the normal breakfast time... and the two other groups that were there had just left before I took the photos. It was a different Mama Espinoza's than before...

Ed Lusk is married to a Mexican, his cook (when not Yolanda cooking) is Mexican... and there is nothing 'gringo' about the dishes, other than the lobster... if ordered "Ed's way" is not deep fried or over-cooked in the Mexican, Puerto Nuevo tradition... It is sweet and lightly broiled.

The issue some above had with Ed is two fold... Before the remodel, it was more like a family's home dining room... bigger, but very casual with the family kitty cat wondering about, and a bird in a cage by the door... THAT bothered some here... In the summer, there has been a fly problem and Ed was busy with a swatter... That was a few years ago.

Since the new remodel, the bird is no longer in the restaurant and we didn't get visited by kitty cat. No flys annoyed us either, last July. However, in Baja we don't let such things annoy us... and Baja may not be the best place to go if you are irritated by such things.

One other issue comes to mind as to why Ed's Reataurant gets put down by some here on Nomad... the TV is often tuned to FOX NEWS (which is the #1 cable news program)... but some prefer to get their news from networks that don't provide all sides of the story :light::rolleyes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 09:04 AM

oh oh...tick tick tick tick

(dang...I guess I'd better put some people in the photos of our casitas:yes:)

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
You guys are falling over yourselves to make something bad of anything I mention... tisk, tisk...

Once again, you just cannot stand anyone to disagree with your opinions---please, you have a right to your OPINIONS, now please allow the same for others without your stupid little comments, like tisk, tisk. Get past it. Everything is not all about you. Such an ego.

Some people prefer other places, and some like the ones you like---

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 09:19 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 09:55 AM

hey everyone
next time stop at Posada Don Diego> open 7 days a week from 7: am until 9pm.
Our salsa is hot and we never reuse it from any table. fresh every table.
good service and we have been in business 40 years.
we have nescafe ifyou want it. we use a good Mexican brand from the mainland
wifi
tv from the U.S.
stop and compare
thanks Irene
posada don diego

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by irenemm
hey everyone
next time stop at Posada Don Diego> open 7 days a week from 7: am until 9pm.
Our salsa is hot and we never reuse it from any table. fresh every table.
good service and we have been in business 40 years.
we have nescafe ifyou want it. we use a good Mexican brand from the mainland
wifi
tv from the U.S.
stop and compare
thanks Irene
posada don diego

You were out of town last time we were there----hope next time you are there. And yes, the food is good. :yes:

[Edited on 3-22-2010 by DianaT]

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 10:31 AM

Thats OK. You probably think he serves Starbuck's coffee too.

:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Quote:
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 11:21 AM
David, It's why we love you

Quote:
One other issue comes to mind as to why Ed's Reataurant gets put down by some here on Nomad... the TV is often tuned to FOX NEWS (which is the #1 cable news program)... but some prefer to get their news from networks that don't provide all sides of the story :light::rolleyes:

You just can't contain yourself. :rolleyes:

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

thumbdown.gif posted on 3-22-2010 at 12:08 PM
Yikes! Pace Salsa

Never understood why Pace is so popular.

I do think Diane made an interesting point about gringos preferring gringos. A number of gringos have invested much money and time developing businesses in Baja. I give them a great deal of credit. That said, as was also mentioned by Diane, personal opinion and preference on our part is to immerse ourselves in Mexican Mexico, given the opportunity. That applies for whatever country we visit. I once had an American walk up to me in Yalta, Ukraine and ask me if I knew where the McDonald's was.

We tried Ed's once and was not impressed by our food or the service. different strokes. But, bottom line, I don't even know why Ed's in even in this thread. Check the title.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

I do think Diane made an interesting point about gringos preferring gringos. A number of gringos have invested much money and time developing businesses in Baja. I give them a great deal of credit. That said, as was also mentioned by Diane, personal opinion and preference on our part is to immerse ourselves in Mexican Mexico, given the opportunity. That applies for whatever country we visit. I once had an American walk up to me in Yalta, Ukraine and ask me if I knew where the McDonald's was.

We tried Ed's once and was not impressed by our food or the service. different strokes. But, bottom line, I don't even know why Ed's in even in this thread. Check the title.

Pace? The guy likes Fox News, so here you go again!

Because facts are important... Ed's home made hot sauce is so popular, he now bottles it and sells it to meet the demand...

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 08:41 PM
WE instead of I

Have you noticed how people always write "we were not happy with this and that". Nobody says - I didn't like it. In fact, I write the same way.

Why is that?

Is it to lend more weight to our statements?

Is it to sound less personally critical?

Is it to sound more objective?

Don't couples ever disagree about restaurants in baja?
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Have you noticed how people always write "we were not happy with this and that". Nobody says - I didn't like it. In fact, I write the same way.

Why is that?

Is it to lend more weight to our statements?

Is it to sound less personally critical?

Is it to sound more objective?

Don't couples ever disagree about restaurants in baja?

Interesting to think about---in my case, while we may disagree about other things, it seems like John and I tend to agree about accommodations and restaurants and "the we" probably comes from our tendency to agree and the idea that we almost never travel alone. Not sure it goes any further than that---but interesting thought.

Guess I would far rather read individual opinions even if one person is expressing only their opinion, but using "we" knowing that opinions are being expressed than read opinions that are presented as "truth and facts" but that is just my opinion----but since I know John agrees, I guess I could still use "we" :biggrin:

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 11:25 AM

How about, my wife and I were not happy with our experience at Ed's?

And yet, since this thread was started to discuss Mama's, thanks to DK, Ed got a "bonus".
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 12:05 PM

Do they still have Luche Libre on the telly at Mama's? That could be a clincher for us! :rolleyes:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 04:59 PM

cute I am in town right now. asked a couple of the stores about Ed's best.... blank looks..... fortunately I had printed out a copy f your post, after the laugh........

ask the locals about where the best food is!!!!

f your post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

Pace? The guy likes Fox News, so here you go again!

Because facts are important... Ed's home made hot sauce is so popular, he now bottles it and sells it to meet the demand...

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 05:02 PM

"f" ? OK. I'm thinking that sometime in the near past, Ed may have removed a thorn from David's paw, probably at the Tourista Motel.

[Edited on 3-24-2010 by Bajahowodd]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 06:32 PM

I report on what I see and experience... nothing f'd about it. Sad the language spoken by some here... Things change... none of us have control over that. There are many good places in El Rosario... I like Tacos El Mision a lot, too.

Ralph, again I am disappointed in you need to attack... can't you get along even with nice Nomads (like me)?:biggrin::lol::rolleyes::light:

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 06:37 PM

Wondering if Baja Angel really knows what goes on when you're in El Rosario.

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 07:05 PM

Need to talk to Doug about their timing. Too much syncopation.

:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:
:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
:P:P:P:P:P:P
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2010 at 07:08 PM

I'll let rs551 confirm or deny my suspicion....but if you'll LOOK CLOSELYat his original post, he had a typo & left the "o" off the word "of" & it appears that he cut & pasted too much text. So unless I'm mistaken, he wasn't intentionally crude in his post. It was a compounded typo.....I'm betting!:yes::yes:

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
cute I am in town right now. asked a couple of the stores about Ed's best.... blank looks..... fortunately I had printed out a copy f your post, after the laugh........

ask the locals about where the best food is!!!!

f your post
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.