Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Bribery study in Mexico says police the problem
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Have you noticed that Loco can work the evil conspiracies of American and International Bankers into ANY subject ?

You might be discussing the best cleaner to rid your toilet bowl of its brown ring and he could bring those evil Bankers in.

Those Birchers ARE focused.

well - it isn't like the bankers don't deserve it although I thought most of the money has already been re-paid with interest.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Be sure to read the reader's comment from our own Bajagringo, who insists that Mexico cannot hold a candle to the level of corruption in the US. Like I've been saying all along, Mexico is chock full of America-hating Americans.

Sorry to ruin your day but that must be another BajaGringo. I don't even have an account there to log on and comment. As far as "American-hating Americans", you seem to be holding that title down all on your own based on the endless flaming posts and accusations you seem to hurl at anyone/everyone who fails to share your point of view here on the forum.

But have a nice day regardless...

:rolleyes:

nice, subdued classy response- we need more of that here.

:saint:

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:08 PM

Most of the money has not been paid back, most of the money went to bail out AIG, which means that it went to banks around the world through the back door with Goldman receiving the bulk of it. The banks have mostly paid back the payments they have received directly, probably with money borrowed from the Fed at 0 interest.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:23 PM

while they sit on tens of thousands of homes in a supposed "short sale" situation. if they put them on the market the recovery would be like a 12 year old boy's reaction to his first Hustler! straight up!!!

but they sit there holding on to those properties so they won't have to take a hit on their bottom line!!!!

F)CK THE BANKS AND BANKERS!!!!!

oh, and did anyone see AIGs stock was up some 1500% late last year? convenient, no?

[Edited on 3-26-2010 by woody in ob]

arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Sorry to ruin your day but that must be another BajaGringo.

Jeeze, I'm not sure the planet is ready for two BajaGringos, both with the same attitude towards the US.

:rolleyes:

No soy por ni contra apatía.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:30 PM
SO ? Loco ?

Since the thread was regarding Mexican Corruption,What is the likelihood that reforming the Banking system would inspire the Mexican Police to go straight and reject corrupt activity ?

On a scale of Zero to Ten ? - 0.1 ? OR, not that good ?

Next time I get stopped by the policia, should I point out that the REAL problem enticing them to solicit Mordida is the fault of American and International Bankers ?

Urge the officer to forsake his wayward corrupt life and become an example of righteousness for his fellow officers ? By doing so, he'll show that he's not a pawn of an International Conspiracy ?

[Edited on 3-26-2010 by MrBillM]
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno
arrowhead, I was referring to the BribeLine/Trace methodology--and not that it was impossible to determine those factors from a properly designed survey.

Sorry. Mea culpa.

arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Donjulio
If you think the economic collapse wasn't orchestrated you are just plain ignorant.

arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Your such an idiot.

Nadie es profeta en su propia tierra.

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
.........Like I've been saying all along, Mexico is chock full of America-hating Americans.

Arrowhead, you've used the term "American-hating Americans" fairly frequently....could you share your definition of what type of character trait, specific type of comment, action, or whatever else prompts you to classify someone as "American-hating Americans"?:?::?:
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz
Arrowhead, you've used the term "American-hating Americans" fairly frequently....could you share your definition of what type of character trait, specific type of comment, action, or whatever else prompts you to classify someone as "American-hating Americans"?:?::?:

No. You're just looking for a fight. Besides you already know the answer. But, now you can run over to Bajagabacho's board and do three pages of posts on me. That will keep you entertained for a few hours.

[Edited on 3-26-2010 by arrowhead]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 03:48 PM

:lol::lol::lol: That takes all the fun out of it, doesn't it. :lol::lol::lol:
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz

No. You're just looking for a fight. Besides you already know the answer. But, now you can run over to Bajagabacho's board and do three pages of posts on me. That will keep you entertained for a few hours.

[Edited on 3-26-2010 by arrowhead]
You're mistaken....that was a sincere question.....prompted by my curiosity.

Don't flatter yourself....I've never done 3 pages (2 pages, or 1 page!) of posts dedicated to you anywhere ever, nor am I likely to.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 04:12 PM

Perhaps, in the panoply of financial companies, AIG stands alone. A prior post did mention that many, if not most of the companies that received TARP funds, have paid them back. The most compelling reason for them to do so was to get the feds off their back, so they could resume their unsavory practices without oversight. That said, as much as 101% of Americans probably despise AIG, their bailout was probably the single most important aspect of the program. They were either allowed to, by lack of regulation or oversight, infiltrate their tentacles throughout the world's financial system. The fact is that AIG was probably the singular entity that could not be allowed to fail. Presently, the number one issue, and that which may ultimately define the Obama presidency, is whether sufficient controls and safeguards will be enacted to ensure that in the future, no single corporation or entity of any type should be allowed to control or influence the world's economy.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 05:14 PM

Since we have had so much recent experience with cops demanding mordida in the pueblos outside of la Paz we have much experience to draw upon, mordida is prompted based on fear, fear of unfair persecution, of being detained unfairly and hassled unreasonably. If people would learn that if you don't pay the corruptos they will always give up very quickly realizing their efforts and gas money are wasted.

It seems corruption around the world is based on fear in the USA as well, with a false war on drugs or false war on terror both of which are manufactured by those who profit. The difference between the US and Mexico is that in the USA does put innocent people in prison in large numbers, in order to profit from a corrupt prison industry and slave labor population both of which hurt the rest of us greatly. More people are in US prisons than in both China and Russia combined and most of them are in for non-violent crimes such as drug possession.

Daily it seems, we are told that the USA will hold people in detention without charges or evidence for ever with out trials which goes against everything we stand for as a country, this is not to protect us in fact that why we are being targeted. It is to promote fear and to destroy the fabric of our country and legal system-which has been effectively achieved by the current administration. This should make you angry, at those who are breaking the law, not mad at innocents who are being tortured and targeted, it could be you and in fact it is you.

On the other hand in Mexico, drugs have been decriminalized and the prison system is quite small in comparison, while you do hear of stories of unfair incarceration the numbers are far less in comparison to the USA, likely so because they do not have space and there is no profit.

Arrowhead like to repeat news stories, so what? These stories are memes, propaganda produced for a purpose, a profit, they do not represent truths that people experience. The truth about corruption is quite obvious to those who are not repeating fear based stories, for example the people of La Paz rallied, many of the women against corruption of the procurador justica general for failig to prosecute the murder of a young man, the procurador resigned and certainly the Gob BCS has lost immense credibility and are also on the run literally from these angry women. The videos are psoted all over the internet-you can search and see exactly how corruption is run out of town.

Unfortunately the result was that the corruptos ran to the pueblos to hassle those less angry and less organized, many of them gringos who are uninformed and living in fear.

If only people would educate themselves, ignore press stories and rely on your intuition, your personal experience, if you explain to the corruptos whoever they may be, US or Mexican and get angry and get organized corruption will also back down and run.

It's really time to learn the laws, learn your rights, speak up for yourself wherever you are and say no to corruption and say no to fear based propaganda and it's agents of provocation like arrowhead who are predictable shills having little to do with reality or real world experience.

Take a moment to do some research into the USA prison system, the number of overturned prosecutions, the number of overturned death penalty prosecutions, the number of cases of planted evidence, beatings, forced confessions and the number of cases of people killed while in custody without charges not to mention the vast history of cops who run their fiefdoms of bribes and corrruption around crime rings. This news of corruption certainly can not be news to anyone here but when will you become angry enough to run them out of town like the powerful women of La Paz?

[Edited on 3-27-2010 by gnukid]
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Since the thread was regarding Mexican Corruption,What is the likelihood that reforming the Banking system would inspire the Mexican Police to go straight and reject corrupt activity ?

Next time I get stopped by the policia, should I point out that the REAL problem enticing them to solicit Mordida is the fault of American and International Bankers ?

Urge the officer to forsake his wayward corrupt life and become an example of righteousness for his fellow officers ? By doing so, he'll show that he's not a pawn of an International Conspiracy ?

Well, since the original post questioned whether the corruption in the US is more or less than Mexico, I was making the point that monetarily it's probably more in the US because it's on a higher level and more organized, whereas in Mexico it's on more of a personal level. I think that the corruption in Mexico probably has more of a net beneficial effect on their economy because at least when a cop takes a bribe he is likely to spend the money in his community, when a hedge fund manager or the CEO of Goldman makes a 100 million it likely goes into a Swiss bank.

[Edited on 3-27-2010 by monoloco]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 05:36 PM

Quote:

I find this works quite well, if you look them in the eye and begin to lecture them on the negative effects on the community and what a bad example they are they will turn and walk. When I am with Mexicans they start in the corruptos hard before they can even get a word out. They turn and walk.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 05:46 PM

Gnukid,

Thanks for writing. I enjoy your posts. You mentioned the number of people in US jails, and it reminded me of a recent San Diego news story. A change in bail setting rules is going to make it easier for some to make bail and therefore reduce the number of people in jail.

Here's what the county sheriff said about that when questioned by a reporter during a discussion about throwing more people in jail for minor offenses, now that there is room:

Reporter: "So you're saying, 'Let's charge for some more crimes?" Blacher asked

Sheriff: "Oh, absolutely. I don't want to have empty beds in my jail," Gore said.

(I know this is off topic but I thought the statement was so bizarre.)

http://www.10news.com/news/22959493/detail.html

[Edited on 3-27-2010 by k-rico]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 07:52 PM
Learn something gnu everyday !

"It seems corruption around the world is based on fear........"

There's a Profound Revelation. Original, too. It's quite possible nobody has ever realized that until now.

BUT, even better:

"..........if you explain to the corruptos whoever they may be, US or Mexican and get angry and get organized corruption will also back down and run."

I'll be waiting to see how that works out.

Say hello to Dorothy when you get back to OZ.
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2010 at 11:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Donjulio
If you think the economic collapse wasn't orchestrated you are just plain ignorant.

This was Arrowheads prom date. Guess what he's getting ready to do with that finger.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.