BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Baja Dentistry Comments/Recommendations?
rayfornario
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Can anyone comment on your experiences getting dental work south of the US border? My wife has a missing Premolar (Bicuspid) and we are aware of the price of Dental Implants here in the USA. Because this is considered to be 'elective' work, it is not covered by my Health Insurance. So, if I am paying cash, I would like to get the best service for my money. Muchas Gracias!

-Ken

Dr. Ignacio de la Vega
619-399-3538
he is on Calle 4ta,#7796:D

Even a bad day in Baja is better then a good day somewhere else!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

smile.gif posted on 4-21-2010 at 07:35 PM
Muchas Gracias por las respuestas

I appreciate all of the information and telephone numbers. With the literally THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in savings, I will definitely travel with my wife to Tijuana for her work (and mine in the future if it involves dental implants).

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2010 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
I am kind of surprised that no one has mentioned Dr. Avila in Rosarito.

Dr. Avilla(he) in Rosarito is excellant as is Dr. Avilla(she) in Primo Tapia 661-614-1606

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 6-19-2010 at 01:12 PM

Thanks again everyone for your recommendations.:yes:

MikeYounghusband
Nomad

Mood: Always ready for more

[*] posted on 6-19-2010 at 01:29 PM

I go to Dr. Gabriel Adame in Tacate, total cost for implant with crown $1600.
He took over the gusiness from his father who was the first dentist in Tacate. I have been going to him for 20 years+ his son is now taking over the business.
His phone number is 619-631-4454. He is literally a stones throw from the border. 5 minute walk.
Mum13

smile.gif posted on 9-16-2010 at 04:09 PM
Dentistry Tijuana

Dr. Jose T. Gonzalez Franco is our Dentist too, we been going with him for about 17 years now; he is honest about the price en service and he has plenty of experience. Another plus is that he accepts most of the American insurances. Once you go with him you won’t want to trust another Dentist.

I think he recently changed his address from downtown to near Zona del Rio…Col. Cacho, but here is his number and address:

From USA 011-52-664-685-7126 or 684-1474.
Batopilas 2270, Madero Sur (Old Colonia Cacho), Tijuana, Baja California, México

Google Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fr&...

[Edited on 9-17-2010 by BajaNomad]
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-16-2010 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

btw... while I have read MANY good things about this place over a long period of time... I did have a Nomad warn me of work they had done here by one of the younger dentists that permanently damaged some of the nerves in their mouth.

Note that Washington Dental moved to 9th and Revolucion a couple of years ago with its original staff. The group that continued to use the name at the 2nd St location then changed their name recently to Liberty Dental. I continue to use Washington and recommend Dr. Peña as the best of their group.
Would you believe that Dr. Vladimir Peña was the one I was "warned" about?

:o

http://www.washingtondentalclinics.com/tijuana/index.php/abo...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2010 at 08:43 PM

Dr. Avila in Rosarito. Top notch dentist, super clean & modern office, great prices, and he teaches dentistry. I have his personal e-mail if needed.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2010 at 09:04 PM

Hi Ken - I have a really good dentist in TJ

Dr Samuel Gomez

He is located right across the border - across from the wax museum and right where the that white arch is on Revolution

My biggest push for Sam is that there is NO pain, no matter what he does. His hands are guided by angels. Both my kids had all their teeth handled by him (and one son had 10 teeth removed, he was born with too many). He was ready to eat while we were on our way back to San Diego ....

He is on facebook - CLINICA DENTAL CENTRO / DR. SAMUEL GOMEZ

He has lots of Slavs stop by ... he may be the one someone mentioned above.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 03:45 PM

Just had a lower rear molar extracted today. $40. Walked into the office to make an appointment and he was available. 30 minutes later the job was done. Expert with the needle, no pain, thoroughly modern office, English. No need for a return visit.

Playas de Tijuana, Dr. Juan Carlos Rios, Endodonist, corner of Paseo Ensenada and Parque Mexico.

(664) 680-2509
endojuanc@hotmail.com

He accepts American insurance.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2010 at 03:06 PM

Well, Mountain goat strikes again with his wisdom and knowledge. NO wonder he takes a liberal stance on things. The truth is that an implant runs about $1200 in Algodones, a little more or less depending on who does it and other factors. Most implants in the states run closer to $7500 to $10,000, so do your own math. You have to have the implant put in to your bone and then let the implant seat itself and permanently attach to the bone. This normally takes around 6 months and after that is done, it is a one visit time to attach the crown to the implant. So two visits are usually required and for the savings, it is probably worthwhile to use the dentists there.
You can look at the offerings there and get good information by going to http://www.losalgodones.com and look at the doctors involved and get a real feel for who is good and who might be questionable.

[Edited on 11-14-2010 by Pescador]

k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2010 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Most implants in the states run closer to $7500 to $10,000,....

The American Dental Association has the national average cost at $3,289.

http://www.dentalimplantscost.org/

I'm in the market, think I'll go with a baja bridge for $500.

[Edited on 11-14-2010 by k-rico]
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Most implants in the states run closer to $7500 to $10,000,....

The American Dental Association has the national average cost at $3,289.

http://www.dentalimplantscost.org/

I'm in the market, think I'll go with a baja bridge for $500.

[Edited on 11-14-2010 by k-rico]

from: http://www.costhelper.com/cost/health/dental-implant.htm

Typical costs:
Basic implants are $1,250-$3,000 each, but the total cost can escalate to $15,000-$30,000 depending on location, complexity and the need for bone or gum restoration work, according to DentalResources.com.Many dentists provide financing because most insurance doesn't cover implants.
What should be included:

Typical costs:
Basic implants are $1,250-$3,000 each, but the total cost can escalate to $15,000-$30,000 depending on location, complexity and the need for bone or gum restoration work, according to DentalResources.com.Many dentists provide financing because most insurance doesn't cover implants.
What should be included:

Additional costs:
Get a detailed quote covering the cost of the surgery (including anesthesia), the post and the crown, whether more than one implant or crown is needed and the possible use of synthetic bone material during surgery, and whether all office visits or X-rays are included in the estimate.

When I did a quote from the dental company in my home town in Colorado, I was close to $5,200 for a standard implant with the crown. I had the same procedure done in Algodones for $1,200 total.

[Edited on 11-16-2010 by Pescador]

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 09:34 PM

Many of us live full time or part time in Baja Sur. We would appreciate some dentist referrals for our region. Thank you.:light:

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 10:37 PM

Quote:
Lots of recommendations in the archives here...

La Paz:
Evaristo Gonzales Becera
(recommended by Boe4fun: "I visit my Dentist in La Paz twice a year. He's very good, knowledgeble, and reasonable. He's in the phone book.")

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2010 at 04:24 PM

Well, the most referred dentist in Baja Sur is in La Paz and although I have used the guys in Algodones for the last 10 years, it is a hassle for me to go north so I started using this new guy and I am really happy with everything he is doing. He has been written up in the Gringo Gazette, on the web in La Paz and even though he has no web site, he is well respected by everyone I have ever talked to.

Dr. Eduardo Talamantes
Reforma 335
La Paz, BCS
122-7343
122-6855

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 12-1-2010 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Quote:

btw... while I have read MANY good things about this place over a long period of time... I did have a Nomad warn me of work they had done here by one of the younger dentists that permanently damaged some of the nerves in their mouth.

Note that Washington Dental moved to 9th and Revolucion a couple of years ago with its original staff. The group that continued to use the name at the 2nd St location then changed their name recently to Liberty Dental. I continue to use Washington and recommend Dr. Peña as the best of their group.
Would you believe that Dr. Vladimir Peña was the one I was "warned" about?

:o

http://www.washingtondentalclinics.com/tijuana/index.php/abo...

I'm really surprised at that. I was just there last Saturday with a family member who need a crown and I had some more work done. She saw Dr. Peña and I saw Dr. Miranda who has been there for many years. We were both pleased with the work and the clinic in general. Do you have any more details on the negative report?
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-1-2010 at 11:40 AM

I have an urgent need for some dental work. Are there any good dentists closer to Mulege than La Paz? I think I will require a few visits to complete the work.

How about a good dentist in Loreto? I could take the motorhome, stay for a week or so in a RV park with wifi? Visit Augie's?

La Paz if nothing else. Thanks.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2010 at 12:07 PM

Hey Pomp . . . without a dental lab in Loreto to support a dentist providing complex procedures, treatment here is limited to routine procedures. A lady dentist in La Paz named Yxchel Clavel Gutierrez (612) 122 31 36, 044 (612) 141 70 67, is also an excellent choice. You'd likely do well to stop by Augie's each direction, spending time further south. u2 for directions should you choose.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2010 at 07:23 PM

Pompano - If you need meds to numb the pain, I have ambesol.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.