Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Spring vacation Bahia El Coyote
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaboolie
BobH., by the looks of the smooth water and shadow placement on the island behind, your wife takes a mighty early beer break! ;)

Well as the song goes, "It's five o'clock somewhere" !!!!!:lol:

rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 07:44 PM

Great report...thank you very much....what you say about the people of Baja is so true...spent 12 years there myself and I don't know why I ever left?

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
What a terrific report...it is always fun to read the stories from a "baja virgin" especially from the point of view from saskatchewaners!!
Excellent anecdotes...I LOVED the image you conjured up of the trucker bouncing the pink ball...which is why most of us are in love with baja.

Your next trip will be even better....make sure you take Pomp up on his offer.

On a side note...man oh man...your kids look soooooo like the kids from the missing family....I had to find the poster to take another look...kinda spooky.

[Edited on 5-20-2010 by shari]

Would be a super spot for a big get-together in the fall, with BIG peacepipes of course!!!!

geomike
Junior Nomad

Mood: feeling an irresistable pull towards Baja...

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
It was a beautiful report and the pictures were too. Thanks. I assume the Security Officer was in the last picture giving an OK for a trip well done and safe to go home.

Yep thats her! nearly 10 years now thick and thin! and thankfully she can't wait to get back to Baja either! I won't have to be nearly as subversive and conniving to get her to go next time!

Mike

You are entitled to your own opinions...not your own facts.
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 08:24 PM

Mike, always great to hear of another success regarding our Baja, keep spreading the word and thanks again for the memories...

geomike
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Mike,
We're glad to hear your trip north was so pleasant. Now that you're a Baja-vet and know the way to our beach..remember...mi casa es su casa.

Saludos y Hasta Pronto.

[Edited on 5-20-2010 by Pompano]

Thank you Roger you can count on it.

Stay well in the meantime and please keep up the photo tours and sunrise reports!

Mike

geomike
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
What a terrific report...it is always fun to read the stories from a "baja virgin" especially from the point of view from saskatchewaners!!
Excellent anecdotes...I LOVED the image you conjured up of the trucker bouncing the pink ball...which is why most of us are in love with baja.

Your next trip will be even better....make sure you take Pomp up on his offer.

On a side note...man oh man...your kids look soooooo like the kids from the missing family....I had to find the poster to take another look...kinda spooky.

[Edited on 5-20-2010 by shari]

Thanks Shari, unfortunately we missed out on the whale watching but next go round the kids will both be a bit older and it will make great show and tell stuff for their classroom back home.

Now you have me looking for that poster too! I can assure you however that these ones are mine! I grew 'em and I'm keep'n 'em!

I understand congratulations are in order in your family! so congratulations and enjoy! I can't imagine a better place in the word to be a part of raising a family.

Mike

geomike
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Really enjoyed your report. Felt like I was right there.

How tough of a time did you have getting your 5th wheel across at Tecate, as I drive through there it looks pretty narrow for RV's?

Ken

Hi Ken, Tecate was pretty easy going South. The streets are narrow though as you probably know. The Border guys had us head south down the hill and go around the block to the right so that we came back on the alley right beside the immigration offices so we could pick up the FMT forms. They even moved a bunch of traffic cones around us! We were parked essentially in the middle of the alley! Nobody worried it!

Once we got all the FMT paper properly chased we then had to turn right again and head down the hill to get on highway #3. That was a tight corner because and old gent had parked right in the wrong spot! He soon saw it and moved up right away.

Coming back north at Tecate there is a big detour that winds the traffic to the east and then back west along the fence up to the Gates. Make sure you take the wide option and stay in the left hand lane. Its tight once you get through customs and have to go to secondary inspection you gotta swing way wide but there is room.

Our trailer is 30' long. I don't know how much longer of a unit you could squeeze through there. Hopefully I'll find out we would like to get a bigger unit with bunks for the kids!

After having done it once I really feel bold now. Mostly because nobody gets their nickers in a knot if you do get wedged!

They all just set about helping you! It happened to me as i said making the right hand turn onto #3 in Tecate and it happened to my buddy Clint who got his 30' gooseneck sideways across 5 lanes at Mexicali! Now in fairness Clint is fluent in Spanish and spent a bunch of time working in Mexico so he wasn't rattled at all. Me, probably a different ending!

Good luck and safe travels!
Mike

geomike
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2010 at 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by noproblemo2
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaboolie
BobH., by the looks of the smooth water and shadow placement on the island behind, your wife takes a mighty early beer break! ;)

Well as the song goes, "It's five o'clock somewhere" !!!!!:lol:

I have a favourite T-shirt with that saying on it! And no better place in the world for an early beer break in my short experience!

Cheers!

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2010 at 09:19 AM

geomike great report, I wish I could write like that,enjoy the pix and the story telling i was there(coyote bay) in March had agreat time. thank you for sharing your story with us...
BIG RED IN PLAYA COYOTE IN MARCH..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Steve&Debby
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2010 at 07:49 PM

Great report,I love the part about the truck drivers stopping to get your kids ball,then stopping in the middle of the road to give it back.
Three years ago we were about 10 miles south of El Rosario and had a flat tire and a bent axle on our trailer. We counted 9 cars go by with US and Candian plates,not one stopped,the first truck that came by stopped and helped us get back on the road and would not accept anything for his help.
We limped back to El Rosario to the Yellow tire shop.They fixed what they could and took the axle to the machie shop the following day and straightened it. We were off and running again.
This all happened on Christmas eve and Christmas day!!!!
The people of Baja are great.
luckyman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2010 at 09:25 PM

thanks for the excellent trip report and photos. i love the part about the drivers and the pink ball...that was just what the security officer needed!
thanks for posting.
Brian L
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 6-23-2010 at 03:52 PM

That is a great report! I think I have settled on going to Playa Coyote. Seems like the perfect, calm, relaxing sort of place.

I am going to forward this report to my wife, the local Security Guard. She will have no qualms left about going down with the kids. Pre-kids, we used to camp near Ensenada and near San Felipe all the time. Having kids has changed our perspective, more so with the few stories of hijacking...I know, it is WAY blown out of proportion!

Thanks again!

Brian
security

biggrin.gif posted on 7-28-2010 at 09:14 PM

Hi everyone, I am geomike's "security guard". he has encapsulated exactly what I was feeling the entire trip. "defcon 3" to start out and then pure enjoyment and relaxation!! I could not have said it better when he said "thanks Baja for well ... you know... everything!!

We have already decided to go again in the spring!

Fay

[Edited on 7-29-2010 by security]
security

[*] posted on 7-28-2010 at 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blane
That is a great report! I think I have settled on going to Playa Coyote. Seems like the perfect, calm, relaxing sort of place.

I am going to forward this report to my wife, the local Security Guard. She will have no qualms left about going down with the kids. Pre-kids, we used to camp near Ensenada and near San Felipe all the time. Having kids has changed our perspective, more so with the few stories of hijacking...I know, it is WAY blown out of proportion!

Thanks again!

Blane, Our kids are very young - as you can see in the pics! They just loved it! Our son snorkeled with Mike just off the beach and saw stingrays and an octopus - he was elated! Our daughter found a live starfish 15 feet from the door of our trailer.. that blew the doors off seaworld cause to her the starfish was in the wild not a tank! I too was apprehensive like your security guard but when it was so easy to absorb the Baja culture and attitude, it does not take long to adapt. I hope you have a great time when you go and can't wait to hear about it!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-29-2010 at 08:25 AM

Welcome to Nomad Fay!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

security

[*] posted on 7-29-2010 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Welcome to Nomad Fay!

thanks David! I figured I better get on and defend myself :lol:
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-29-2010 at 07:36 PM

Great photos. Hope you don't mind old chap....I lifted one of your pics and set it off to a buddy in Antwerp. He's hot to go to Baja.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2010 at 08:29 PM

Great trip report. Reading it the 2nd time was just as good as in May. You can't go wrong taking kids to Concepcion. Thanks.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2010 at 08:22 AM

great great first time visit story - makes me appreciate where we live even more ! I think one of the things we like most about Baja is that you do open up and help your neighbors - whom you have never met before - and you find that it comes back to you ... with a returned ball or good food or a smile that makes your day. And it amazes me how kids communicate with NO language barriers at all, like magic.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.