Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Loreto Fishing Report
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 07:02 PM

Thanks again to all that responded. I guess it will give me more time to work on the house than fishing. Even more time to work on the POS boat. Kind of sad for the fishing buddy I am taking down... Especially with the ridiculous airfare prices. He and his wife have been to Loreto twice with me and the fishing has been very slow. I keep telling him how great the Dodo and bill fishing is! All I have to show is pictures.

I still have a very positive attitude and think I can find the fish..... It might be 60 miles out, but I am going to find them........... Just like looking for Albacore out of Morro Bay or Monterey.

Pictures to follow after Sept 10th.

Thanks again
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2010 at 07:42 PM

My brother went to our house in Loreto today and Alaska/Horizon is now flying a prop job from LAX to LTO. He said the plane was half full and took an extra 30 to 40 minutes of travel time. The pilot had to make an aggressive approach and slammed the plane on the ground. No more CRJ's...

The locals think a huge storm is coming and have blocked the upper arroyo crossing because they are digging a trench to divert and slow the water. Hopefully to help not destroy the lower paved/concrete road and lights. I see nothing on the radar showing a local big storm. 30% chance of rain for the next five days is the highest.

They say the YT fishing has slowed way down and they are catching larger Dorado way out. They are also catching some Yellow Fin way out. Some are rather large. No size or weight yet. I will post that info when received.

More to follow.
Freespool

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 10:01 PM

Let me tell you that your brother is FOS. I was on the exact same plane today. What a marooon. The plane was late leaving LAX, that's why the flight was delayed. As for the flight, we came in from the south after taking an absolutely beautiful trip over Carmen Island and around Puerto Escondido.

Rough landing and slammed the plane to the ground? What a bunch of crap.......I sat right next to the wheel and the landing was smooth as silk (as was the rest of the flight). It's commando keyboarders like you and your brother that start stupid rumors like this.

Oh yeah, his fish report was off too. They caught a bunch of Dorado at Coronado island for the past 3 days.

Does your brother happen to be the idiot doctor on the flight?
BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 10:26 PM

Freespool, in two posts you have proven yourself to be someone who really doesn't belong on this board. I don't know where you do belong, but it isn't here.

Nomads, if I am out of line here, please correct me.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 04:47 AM

:) Strange. Sounds like they were on different flights.:?:
Freespool

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 12:20 PM

Bruno,
Yes, you are way out of line. I was on this flight and this guy either fabricated the entire story or is ignorant. Either way, he is totally off base.

For the record, you referred to my "other" post. Here it is for you:

In reference to a shooting I wrote:

"What a tragedy. I am so very sorry...senseless"

So, go back to having god talk to you........
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 01:11 PM
landing approach

I'm no pilot but I've sat in many small planes and we've done LTO many times. I think the plane is supposed to land and take off against the wind? Captain Mike help!

anyway what I am getting at, and let me clarify here that I have not flown into LTO since Nov 2009, but
I am hearing from a LOT of people that are flying in that the plane ALWAYS goes SOUTH of the landing strip to purposely fly over Ensenada Blanca. That is where the timeshares are being built.

is this an interesting sales technique? was this flight told to approach from the south and come in the wind direction of the wind? is there a connection here or is this a coincidence? honestly I don't know but maybe others that see nomad can put in here

on the turbo props

when I flew with my kids from Seattle to Reno Horizon used this same turbo prop with the high wing. it is a smaller plane than he horizon jet. i don't know these make and models for the planes. it would make sense for Horizon to fly the smaller planes now as this is traditionally one of the slowest (probably is) times of the year for tourism here, its been this way since forever due to the heat. so it would make sense for them to fly the smaller planes.

byt he way bright moon phase fishing is pretty slow some dorado in the channel though
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 01:23 PM

Once flew from Loreto to mainland Mexico on Mexicana airlines. It was calm weather..ceiling unlimited...no wind shears.

The pilot (I use the term loosely) brought the jet down like a wounded goose. The plane lost altitude so fast it popped everyones' ears, causing a baby to scream bloody murder..then we slammed onto the tarmac...hard.

I really wanted to b-tchslap the pilot, but he stayed behind locked c-ckpit door until all passengers had departed and he was safe from harm.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 08:06 PM

Research done before the response to freekspoog

Text response from my brother in Loreto:
Whoever this buttcrack is tell him to kiss my ass. We landed straight in with no trip over the island. Landed from the north straight in. Haven't fished so don't know about that part. It's liberals like this person that allow Alaska Airlines to continue their price gouging.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 08:16 PM

I will not be as nice... Hey freakspoog, Let me know where you are in Loreto on Sept 3rd. FU and your keyboard BS comments. I will give you my Loreto address if you have the balls to show up.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2010 at 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wakemall
Research done before the response to freekspoog

Text response from my brother in Loreto:
Whoever this a--hole is tell him to kiss my burro. We landed straight in with no trip over the island. Landed from the north straight in. Haven't fished so don't know about that part. It's liberals like this person that allow Alaska Airlines to continue their price gouging.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Jeez, he must be psychic if he can determine political persuasion from those posts.:lol: Or maybe he thinks liberals have a monopoly on being a-holes.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2010 at 07:29 AM

This is a refreshing switch from The Turtle Trials of Bahia Concepcion. I wonder if we can run this little insignificant issue into at least 85 pages of how the plane really landed. Maybe someone will come up with YouTube video. Stay Tuned.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-29-2010 at 08:47 AM

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-29-2010 at 09:48 AM

well i will say that:

99% of the time at LTO all landings are from the south for RW 36 because that happens to be the one the prevailing wind favors generally MOST of the time.

i have landed at LTO more than a few dozen times since 1980 and i can say the only times i have been given 16 is because the winds were negligible on the ground and the controller gave me the option. especially if i am coming from the north like from mulege and i want a straight in.

now - as for the bigger iron... they have to land 36 and do a full approach which takes them over the bay because the mountains to the north will not accomodate their 2.7 degree glide slope for a straight in to 16.
and - the winds usually favor 36 anyway.
so there - that's my story and i am sticking with it.:wow:

plus i can't wait to see the fight in person between wakemall and freespool!!! hahahaha. i'll come to LTO and bring Skeet!:!::coolup:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
steve5555
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2010 at 12:22 PM

So, How IS the fishing in Loreto??:spingrin:

steve
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-29-2010 at 12:47 PM

whoa...holy crap...where was that video taken Susan???? that is just nuts.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2010 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

Holly Sh..t
htnfool
Nomad

Mood: Fishy

lol.gif posted on 8-29-2010 at 04:52 PM

You are not going to light a bong on that beach:O

Crazy video.

Say, Are they selling tickets to the rumble in Loreto:lol:
maspacifico
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2010 at 05:16 PM

Someone didn't get a hug today....
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2010 at 07:39 PM

Hey BajaNomad friends,

Loreto fishing report as of today (I better be careful because I might offend someone or they might not like the report).

My brother left the big boat at home and took the pango to San Bruno. Roughly ten miles out from San Bruno there were numerous Marlin and Sails. They caught two Marlin and one Sail. I guess they hooked several others and lost them. They also caught small Dorado (12 pounds). I do not think they caught many Dorado. The panga is new and they had problems with the bait tank and lost the bait.

He is going to go 20 to 30 miles past Punta Lobo tomorrow to where we found the tuna a month ago. I will post his reply before I leave Friday morning.

More to follow....
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.