Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Started my Bucket list
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 10-24-2010 at 06:51 AM

"A person experiences just so much stupidity, selfishness, and arrogance and then something snaps."

I resemble that remark... thanks...

I take it day by day... and make the best of it.... not much else I can do at this point in my life and no real complaints...

It just keeps turning... that's the way it works, always has always will, with wobble, solar spots, no whales, carbon dioxide, Al Gore, warts and all....

Its been a fun ride and .... and Rob... remember those days in the PI with an ice cold San Miguel ... and some of that other stuff, that you just couldn't keep away... the only time in a man's life that he is "hit on" my women... constantly

Hope your doing fine.... keep your sprits up... know how it gets when you can't do what you have done your entire life... get up and go.. do things.. make plans and make them happen...

Again, I sure in hell missed the lecture about old age in school, but then I missed everything anyone was trying to TEACH me.. was and still am a real "knot head".. something genetic I have concluded as my son is much the same.. and from reading up on my family of the past years would appear it was a trait of the Wesson men.. they just did not like anyone telling them what to do... in some cases with rather dramatic effect on those individuals...

If I make my next birthday, I will be the longest lived male Wesson ever...

My mom's side of the family is Scottish ... seems ya can't kill them off, my mom is 90, her dad made it to 104, her grandfather to 106.... she still drives, and took a plane ride and a car tip to Pine AZ to burry her brother and my uncle this year... he was 87... my aunt in Pine made it to 97...

Again, take it easy... enjoy the day... its all good..

[Edited on 10-24-2010 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 10-24-2010 by wessongroup]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-24-2010 at 09:22 AM
Positive ? You Betcha !

I'M VERY Positive about WANTING to do everything on my List.
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 9-4-2015 at 10:25 AM

10-23-2010 and a bump for some new lists.

Member Is Online

Mood: good

• posted on 10-23-2010 at 06:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Started my Bucket list

As we enter our twilight years we all start to think about these kinds of things but most do nothing about them well after seeing the movie "Bucket List"I got to thinking what a great idea and started thinking about my own.

Haven,t got to far with mine because of the cost,took a big hit the last two years so will have to scale back alot.

Fishing being my main passion tops the list.
    A month or so in Costa Rica prowling the beachs rod in hand.

2. Still fishing just one afternoon on the east cape,just me on a loney beach,warm clear water with a big Rooster in flight,after a long brawl I wade out and after a short look-see let him go.

3. Just one more afternoon in Germany on the Nurburgring race track in my favorite sports car,the beautiful and racy Lamborghini Callardo,lap after lap going faster and faster,by now the people will be shaking their heads in disbelief at the speed I,m at:lol:

4.This is as far as I,ve got so far its X-rated so can,t tell you much about it other than I probably couldn,t pull it off even if I had the chance:lol:

I,m sure some of you have had these kind of thoughts why not share a couple with us.
    Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
    woody with a view
    PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-4-2015 at 10:39 AM

good to see ya Rob! there is still a big Spotfin with your name all over it.

David K
    Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-4-2015 at 11:25 AM

How about a more Baja related bucket list, beyond Skeet's wish the Loreto Bay development would vanish.

I have been so fortunate to fulfill many of my Baja Bucket List wishes... here are just some I have checked off:

1) Went to the lost mission of Choral Pepper's writings (the walls near Las Animas, she thought was Santa Marķa Magdalena).

2) Drive to Mission Santa Marķa in all three of my Tacomas.

3) Discover petroglyphs not before published, to my knowledge ('Petroglyph Park' east of San Quintin).

4) Search with friends Baja mysteries like Melchior Diaz' grave and the Lost Mission of Santa Isabel, for fun.

5) Clear up the confusion about the old missions' names, dates, locations, etc.

For the future, I guess finding the 1930's Walter Henderson Rockpile that he thought might me Melchior Diaz' Grave is on the top of the list!

Traveling along more of El Camino Real is another wish... I have to admire Baja Bucko fulfilling that same wish. Now, if she would only write a book about it!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
    Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
    Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajacamper
    Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2015 at 12:36 PM

What Skeet said!
    Skipjack Joe
    Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2015 at 07:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
    good to see ya Rob! there is still a big Spotfin with your name all over it.

And mine, hopefully.
    Marc
    Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 9-9-2015 at 10:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajacamper  
    What Skeet said!

Ditto
     Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.