Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Ken Bondy's Photos in SLO Tribune
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 11:45 AM

Hey, Ken
Its getting towards time for your photography show opening.
Will you give us a recap of what it entails and details of where and when, please?

Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2010/10/30/1349393/artificial-r...

The link will take you to an article in this morning's SLO Tribune featuring Ken and his great photos.

Ken, I look forward to the show at the Natural History Museum and hope you will advise us ot the dates.
Thanks,
Kurt

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Hey, Ken
Will you give us a recap of what it entails and details of where and when, please?

Mulegena the exhibit will be in the main auditorium at the Museum of Natural History in Morro Bay. We will hang the photos on the afternoon of December 7 and they will be there for 2-3 months. Thanks for thinking of me :) BTW the Museum sits on a stunningly beautiful site overlooking the bay, worth a visit just to see the location. ++Ken++

carpe diem!
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Hey, Ken

Mulegena the exhibit will be in the main auditorium at the Museum of Natural History in Morro Bay. We will hang the photos on the afternoon of December 7 and they will be there for 2-3 months. Thanks for thinking of me :) BTW the Museum sits on a stunningly beautiful site overlooking the bay, worth a visit just to see the location. ++Ken++

Ken,

Mid January we will check your exhibit out!!

Ken
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 08:24 PM

Awesome Ken, let me know when and I will try to be there. Would love to meet you in person. ++Ken++

carpe diem!
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
ken that dry suit is way kool.
i'd like one then i could dive cold water.
i hate wet suits anytime.
how much do they run and are they added buoyancy?

Mike this is for you - you need one of these :) Here I am ready to hit the water in my DUI TLS 350:

carpe diem!
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 08:50 PM

Quote:

Thanks so much, once again, for your support Paulina. And thanks for introducing us to the Rock, coffee will never be the same :) We love it! We will be in MB December 7/8 for dives and we are planning to hang our photos for the next exhibit at the Museum on the afternoon of the 7th. Hope to see you and Dern next month.

Ken,

This weekend will be here before we know it. We hope to see you and Gary out on the water, maybe even coffee before or after? If you have a time schedule already set let us know. If we miss you guys on the water we may try to pop into the museum to say hola and try not to get in the way!

Till then,
P y D

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Awesome Ken, let me know when and I will try to be there. Would love to meet you in person. ++Ken++

I will let you know!
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
Ken,

This weekend will be here before we know it. We hope to see you and Gary out on the water, maybe even coffee before or after? If you have a time schedule already set let us know. If we miss you guys on the water we may try to pop into the museum to say hola and try not to get in the way!

Till then,
P y D

P y D:

Would love to see you guys!! We will drive up/down on the morning of the 7th (Tuesday), do a dive that morning, and spend most of the afternoon in the Museum hanging photos. Please do stop by the Museum if you can. We will do another dive the next day on the 8th, any chance of seeing you at the Rock sometime early Wed morning? High tide on Wed is at 11:30am so we need to be at the pier at about 10am but that leaves plenty of time for coffee if you guys can make it. ++Ken++

[Edited on 11-30-2010 by Ken Bondy]

[Edited on 11-30-2010 by Ken Bondy]

carpe diem!
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 09:05 PM

Ken,

I was being a bonehead and totally off on my dates. I was thinking it was the weekend that you would be here. Dern and I do coffee at The Rock almost daily from 7:15 - 7:45am. If that's not too early for you guys maybe we can see you there on Wed. morning?

P<*)))>{

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Ken,

I was being a bonehead and totally off on my dates. I was thinking it was the weekend that you would be here. Dern and I do coffee at The Rock almost daily from 7:15 - 7:45am. If that's not too early for you guys maybe we can see you there on Wed. morning?

P<*)))>{

Count on it :)

carpe diem!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
High tide on Wed is at 11:30am so we need to be at the pier at about 10am but that leaves plenty of time for coffee if you guys can make it. ++Ken++

Coffee before a dive? Maybe not. Now if you were wearing a wetsuit it could actually keep you warm. Eeuwww.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:
High tide on Wed is at 11:30am so we need to be at the pier at about 10am but that leaves plenty of time for coffee if you guys can make it. ++Ken++

Coffee before a dive? Maybe not. Now if you were wearing a wetsuit it could actually keep you warm. Eeuwww.

Very perceptive Igor :) You don't pee in a drysuit, so I have to go easy on the coffee in the morning before a dive and then make sure the plumbing is drained.

carpe diem!
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2010 at 08:24 PM

My bro-in-law Gary and I hung 58 of our underwater images on the wall of the Museum of Natural History today in Morro Bay. We also had a very nice visit with Nomads Paulina and Dern. The images will be on display for about two months.

If any Nomads are in the area, we would be honored if you would stop by and take a look at our photos. The Museum is a great place for kids, and it has a stunning view of the bay:

carpe diem!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2010 at 08:34 PM

Wow, that's really cool, Ken.

I will make the drive one of these weekends. Hope you'll be there.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2010 at 09:31 PM

Igor,
How about this coming weekend?

Ken, thanks for sharing the morning with us. I hope that Gary got his strobe issue straightened out and that you had a good dive.

Until our next coffee meeting,

P y D

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2010 at 09:42 PM

Paulina it was really nice talking with you guys today and reminiscing about Baja. Gary did solve his problem, it was the camera, not the strobes. Fortunately he had another body and we did have a great dive, actually two good ones in a row. It was a constant parade of nudibranchs:

carpe diem!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2010 at 10:53 PM

Quote:
Igor,
How about this coming weekend?

Ken, thanks for sharing the morning with us. I hope that Gary got his strobe issue straightened out and that you had a good dive.

Until our next coffee meeting,

P y D

I'd love that Paulina but we're getting ready for the Christmas break trip to baja.

Gotta pick up the rod for Alex, an airpad for him, drill oar locks into the new boat, plane the wood support for the motor, buy crab net, get rope for new anchoring system, and test new boat for leaks.

I'm thinking of some January weekend.

You guys must be doing some preparation as well. Your New Year's always seems to come at BOLA.

BTW, miss the <.)<<
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2010 at 08:09 AM

Thanks Igor,

Yup, we're right in the mix of preparations ourselves. We're heading south on the 17th, heading for Bahia, but won't ring in the new year there this year. I've got to be back to work on the 3rd, so we'll see what Punta Banda has in store for us instead.

Ken mentioned another event at the museum that will be held next year. It would be fun if you could make it down for that. Ken will have to give us the details.

Saludos!
P<*)))>{

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2011 at 01:35 PM

Will the exhibit still be up next weekend, 1/22-1/23?

BTW, I find it amusing that this thread is under fishing and hunting because Ken doesn't like either of those any longer.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2011 at 10:13 PM

Igor,
I'll pop in the museum tomorrow and find out. I'd like to meet up with you if you come down.

P<*)))>{

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.