BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: American Military Intervention?
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Originally posted by akshadow
Where is the proof of this statement. do you not think there are major numbers of arms that are getting out of the Mexican armies hands? From further south in Latin America? With money you can buy arms.

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Not to mention most/all guns are sent to Mex from
the US. I have yet to see any success in the Drug Wars
in Mex are here in the US

The types of weapons narcos use are not used by the mex military, so its not coming from them. And why buy old guns from central america, when you can buy new ones at cheaper prices at the border. Fact of the matter is, most guns do come from the US.

Today the US released the names of the ten top gun dealers to the Mexican cartels. The #1 guy had sold 115 guns traced back to him over the past two years:

"Carter, 76, has operated four Carter's Country stores in the Houston metropolitan area over the past half-century. In the past two years, more than 115 guns from his stores have been seized by the police and military in Mexico."

http://www.offnews.info/verArticulo.php?contenidoID=26546

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 09:28 PM

"Under federal law, a gun dealer who sells two or more handguns to the same person within five business days must report the sales to ATF. The agency has identified such sales as a red flag, or "significant indicator," of trafficking. But multiple sales of "long guns," which include shotguns and rifles such as AK-47s, do not have to be report"

:wow:

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 09:31 PM

Most Mexicans look at the guns "uniformed men" are carrying to determine if they are the real deal. Not the uniforms, not decals on the trucks, but the types of guns they carry. Jesse is correct, the narcos and military use very different weapons.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Most Mexicans look at the guns "uniformed men" are carrying to determine if they are the real deal. Not the uniforms, not decals on the trucks, but the types of guns they carry. Jesse is correct, the narcos and military use very different weapons.

Mex military uses the G3

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 09:39 PM

Narcos almost always use

AK47 or some type of AR weapon.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 10:23 AM

Are they getting the AK47's from the USA???

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Are they getting the AK47's from the USA???

Gun shows have it all including ease of purchase.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
I agree that the general population here would not take well to the idea of armed, US troops south of the border. There are more than a few down here however, who believe that is already happening, explaining some of the more recent military success in killing/capturing narco leaders.

Who knows???

:?:

If you think that the US military is not involved in "operations" (define that any way you want) in Mexico, you are not dealing in reality........

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

If you think that the US military is not involved in "operations" (define that any way you want) in Mexico, you are not dealing in reality........

If the implication is combat involvement, how can that be taken beyond the point of speculation? If true, it would have to be one of the world's most guarded secrets.
The Mexican people won't tolerate our military presence in their country. If there's any way they would, do you not believe we would have been called upon to fight their war by now? We would have our people dying in their streets without a clue as to why because, as has been explained here recently, it isn't just about drugs.
We're all aware of the Merida Initiative to a certain degree. We have no idea how far-reaching it is.
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 11:31 AM

Spooks?

sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I agree that the general population here would not take well to the idea of armed, US troops south of the border. There are more than a few down here however, who believe that is already happening, explaining some of the more recent military success in killing/capturing narco leaders.

Who knows???

DEA is already "in country" providing intelligence. Our ears in the sky track cell phone use and our "super computers" provide voice recognition. Most of the narco arrest's are due to U.S. provided intelligence.

sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 11:45 AM

The drug trade is now, IMHO, a "clear and present danger" to our national security. Kidnappings and murders are occurring from San Diego to Brownsville, and even in Atlanta, which is a major hub for the cartels.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

This nation is being destroyed BY THE POLITICIANS AND THE BUSINESS ELITE that are completely out of touch with Mexican society. Not the narcos.

Hey Jesse. Substitute United States for Mexico in that sentence. Same result. :(
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 12:24 PM
Very graphic and disturbing video.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/12/video-of-el-ponchis-ex...

El Pochis is the 14-year old kid arrested recently.

[Edited on 12-14-2010 by sanquintinsince73]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73

Ordinarily I would object to the violent nature of videos here such as these, but in this case, everybody needs to be fully aware of the severity of this kid's crimes so as to be armed and ready for the bleeding hearts who are sure to surface and pronounce him as "another one of God's children" ready to be saved.

I guess he won't be tried as an adult, but he should be found criminally insane, beyond repair.
Lock him up with Manson.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 02:01 PM

That was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. These people are the lowest form of life and should be treated as such. I hope they have the chance to experience what they have subjected their victims to.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73

Ordinarily I would object to the violent nature of videos here such as these, but in this case, everybody needs to be fully aware of the severity of this kid's crimes so as to be armed and ready for the bleeding hearts who are sure to surface and pronounce him as "another one of God's children" ready to be saved.

I guess he won't be tried as an adult, but he should be found criminally insane, beyond repair.
Lock him up with Manson.

I agree, Dennis. I just wanted to show the brutality with which these cartels operate. It is very sickening to watch and at the same time it is sad to see to what lengths a young kid will go for a measly few pesos. To think that this is going on all over Mexico is just sad.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Who knows???

I know we give support in various ways but armed support? it may be happening but as Dennis says it would have to be a very well kept secret. I have encountered some down here who do think that is already happening but as far as I know it is just rumors...

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 12-14-2010 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who knows???

I know we give support in various ways but armed support? it may be happening but as Dennis says it would have to be a very well kept secret. I have encountered some down here who do think that is already happening but as far as I know it is just rumors...

We do have US Troops on the ground on the Guatemalan side of the Mexican border assisting in efforts to secure their border. With some 1,700 crossing points I'm sure a few troops have wandered over the line.

sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2010 at 08:16 AM

I've been thinking alot about this "military intervention" that is making the rounds. I concluded that if the media is already talking about it, it is probably because it's already been talked about in the highest levels of our government.
I do not believe that we'll ever see our forces on the ground in Mexico unless the situation deteriorates so badly that Americans have to be evacuated or Mexico plunges into civil war.
I was once under house arrest at Camp Pendleton and part of my "punishment" was to go wash some Colonels car every day. He was cool and we started started talking politics. I asked about a situation arising in Mexico and his response was that the United States has contingency plans to invade any country in the world, even our allies. He also stated that the United States would never allow a revolution/civil war in Mexico.
I think eventually we will start to see "advisers" in Mexico.......sound familiar?

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.