BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baitcast,s formula for fishing success.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-30-2011 at 08:22 AM

now let's sea a reel bass
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 1-30-2011 at 08:38 AM

Sorry about the dog my friend,I,m on my fifth minnie weannie dog,his name is Nelson and he,s a good guy,if you haven,t done it already go out and get another a guy should never be without a dog!

Some pic,s are still left before you were born:lol:

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-30-2011 at 08:46 AM

a REAL bass?

you're not seeing double.....:lol:

rsz_1100_3869.jpg - 36kB

baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2011 at 03:32 PM

This guy gave me a hard time just lucky to have Igor was along to give me a hand:lol:

Big enough bass?

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 1-30-2011 at 04:53 PM

Hard to believe stuff like that got pulled out.. back in the day...

Thanks for all the pictures... some lunkers... nice fish and great information...

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2011 at 06:10 PM

The guy on the left actually looks more like Woody than me.

The guy on the right is interesting in that guys don't look that way any more but most men from dad's generation did. Our eating habits have really changed in this country.

[Edited on 1-31-2011 by Skipjack Joe]
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2011 at 06:39 PM

that's what im talking about!!! LOVE the black and whites,,,thank you very much,, and when I learn how to post pics I put some here of 50lb to the 75lb white sea bass we were catching ,this year..........m,mmmmm ooop,, last year, in monterey bay..calif
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 06:35 AM

Must agree with you Igor in that they had a look about them even before my time but I don,t think eating had anything to do with it:lol:

It was the hair-cuts,the guy on the right is a good example of it,close on the sides!

Anyone have any idea of the reel he used? I,m pretty sure I can ID it, it was popular for a certain type of fishing in Cal.
Rob

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 06:37 AM

May be a Penn 6/0?;)
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 06:45 AM

the guy on the right is not me, nor is he in any way related.

every male in my family has had the same length legs!

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 10:20 AM

baitcast,any info,,,,date's,location
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 10:57 AM

Top left pic 1964 the rest were mid-60,s at PaPa Fernandez Campo Gonzaga Bay.

No more quesses on the reel.

Penn Long beach series,model 68

Very popular reel for rock codding,wide spool,hi-capacity,I had 2,we used them for batray fishing,with practice you could cast those things! on a long calcutta cane rod.
Rod

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 11:08 AM

batray,why would you target a batray??? I landed one by myself in san pablo bay, guess 150lb's, BIG and hard as hell to get over the transom on my 1959 28' owen's ended giving to a local chinese reteraunt,,,got to eat free for while!!
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 11:40 AM

When hooked on the beachs are jetties they make long runs and jump on occasion C/R,derbies were held around Long Beach lots of fun,other things were caught also:lol:

[Edited on 1-31-2011 by baitcast]

[Edited on 1-31-2011 by baitcast]

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 12:14 PM

Well, that surprised me.

Judging from the vehicle I would have guessed that grouper picture to be from the late 40's to early 50's.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 12:25 PM

I cant tell what kinda shark that is???? if it's a mako I caught a little one once,, 5 footer,,nice teeth ate it and it was really,really good
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 02:29 PM

Look close at the head,fairly rare in Calif a hammerhead,got him on the Seal bch jetty,side note on his first long run he went right out through a bunch of surfers:lol::lol: pretty funny the way they scattered.
Rob

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
The guy on the left actually looks more like Woody than me.

The guy on the right is interesting in that guys don't look that way any more but most men from dad's generation did. Our eating habits have really changed in this country.

[Edited on 1-31-2011 by Skipjack Joe]

Now that is a really good observation.... as I don't remember any of my Dad's friends from that period as over weight...

Most were out of the war... and as I recall... none ever ballooned up... all are gone... RIP... there was a generation of good men, regardless of races, religion et al...

baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 04:02 PM

Opps forgot that,no beer bellies and hair cropped short on the sides ala John Dillinger and machine gun Kelly.
:lol:

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 04:14 PM

bait cast,rare shark indeed,,that far north I have some shark storeis my self,,but ya people in the water seem to scatter,,fast:lol::lol: thank's for the laugh,,needed that, with the lost of my lil baja dog...I lived on a boat (4month's ) in alcapuco, chasing blue's and black's and almost every time we hooked up ,some BIG hammerhead's would show up,,wild looking ...did you eat that one..again thank's for the great pic's
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.