Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: COULD THE US BE HEADING OFF TO WAR IN A SCHOOL BUS
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 06:04 PM

Keeping pot illegal is making criminals of yet another generation and keeping the drug cartels very happy and very rich. The only people that benefit from the illegalization of pot are the police, the alcohol industry, the pharmacutical industry, and the drug cartels.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 06:56 PM
myopic view of the issue.

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
I know more about the drug culture than anyone here at this board....
[Edited on 2-9-2011 by mcfez]

When someone claims to be THE expert my experience is that they often have a myopic view of the issue.

Claims?
Apparently you don't believe anyone around you on any subject. I got 25 years of the life to back up my knowledge of the drug world. What do have, a newspaper?

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 07:27 PM

With due respect to McFez and his "knowledge", his post illustrates an important point about the drug addiction machine and it's gears. Mcfez clearly points out that his primary vocation is making night clubs, presumably which mainly profit on alcohol sales to an audience who make up a fair portion of the drug addict audience, yet he claims total disdain for these clients-the same clients he depends on attracting for his profit. This clear connection and his apparent disconnect is illustrative of each of our inability to see the connections, our own relationship to drug trade, and in particular the underbelly of the 'octopus' that infiltrates each of our lives-even though we profusely deny it.

There are some basic facts, drug trade is a highly profitable multi-faceted business that has existed since prior to Queen Elizabeth I founding of East India Trading Company. Even mummies from the era of 1300bc have since been found to have remains of cocaine and other drugs which were certainly not from Egypt but were trafficked there via trade routes-for profit.

There is vast evidence of institutional drug running, well known to every person, yet collectively denied, for example Iran Contra hearings demonstrated that the USofA Government and Military are primarily involved for profit and are capable of lying and denying and continuing for profit-each of the defendants of Iran Contra were set free on probation or had their prosecutions pardoned except one, Thomas G. Clines served time for tax evasion-most of the participants still work for the government and people celebrate Reagan because-'he didn't know'?!@# Freeway Ricky Ross was sent to prison for distribution.

CIA torture-drug planes have crashed on many occasions revealing that the same CIA planes that run torture (rendition flights) also run drugs through Mexico to various US airports such as Venice Airport. This is well reported, yet, you will find a collective disconnect by most people it seems, here on BN or anywhere people largely defend the CIA torture drug flights as necessary for national security-I would be shouted down for saying this in public gatherings, yet it is reported as fact, perhaps knee-jerk denials are due to collective guilt, or who knows why, programming, lies?

Have you already tuned out, do you already have excuses flying through your head, denials?

The sooner that you can have a rational discussion about the world that reflects the truth and see through the veil of self-defeating lies, the sooner you will able to make reasonable solutions to the serious problems, until then you will find yourself completely involved and completely in denial.

Don't get mad, just get real. Put on your critical thinker cap.

[Edited on 2-9-2011 by gnukid]
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 09:48 PM

Yea Horns you're a legend in your own mind. You are building quite a resume' about yourself with your big mouth, i.e hirer of illegals, drug facillator, bouncher bully, alcohol enabler. You must be quite proud of your accomplishments. I'm glad you are on this board cuz you are about the only one that sticks his foot in his mouth almost on every post. I love your trailer trash pic.

Please keep it up cuz I need a good laugh each day.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 10:00 PM

I see all three of you clowns from Off Topics here.....

You need to get back there.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2011 at 11:43 PM

Those are some serious allegations, Gnukid. I think that you are starting to believe all the bullchit that you copy elsewhere and paste here.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73
Those are some serious allegations, Gnukid. I think that you are starting to believe all the bullchit that you copy elsewhere and paste here.

Ad hominem attacks are a common tactic used when the speaker has no point of fact to argue.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Quote:

Ad hominem attacks are a common tactic used when the speaker has no point of fact to argue.

Vous me frapper comme une personne en colère qui déteste tout ce que l'Amérique. Vos messages semblent indiquer une haine profonde têtes de série, les gens qui aident à maintenir une économie robuste en Baja.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Quote:

Vous me frapper comme une personne en colère qui déteste tout ce que l'Amérique. Vos messages semblent indiquer une haine profonde têtes de série, les gens qui aident à maintenir une économie robuste en Baja.

C'est ne pas vrai. Effectivement, je suis tres fatigue de une personne
qui ne parler pas de un subject avec faits. Comme ca, est un strategie pour confuse les public...

Argument by obfuscation and argument changing the subject are fallacious strategies used by a speaker who is unable to present facts to make a point regarding the topic at hand.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 08:50 AM

Perhaps to the person making the statement, these are facts. A good example are the allegations that you posted here that you may perceive as facts but the fact of the matter is that they are just that, allegations.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 09:07 AM

What has been accomplished by keeping pot illegal? Less drug usage? Illegal pot is a cash cow for law enforcement, lawyers, and the drug dealers. It's not complicated.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 09:15 AM

sanquintinsince73
I understand that this subject may be upsetting and unsettling, it's difficult to discuss.

I made no allegations, I referenced and linked to main stream articles from the justice dept, pbs, and the New york times in regard to historical events that are documented in accepted encyclopedias and major news journals and are accepted in education at the high school level in the USA.

If you are contesting a specific issue please reference the issue so we may discuss your opinion or your source of contrary opinion.

Iran Contra is accepted as a factual event -drugs for money for weapons - this is reported as often repeated scenario that reflects on many of the USA aggressions, e.g. opium trade from Afghanistan has skyrocketed since our invasion. CIA director John Deutch effectively lost his job following the Iran Contra events though the reason given was that accused of a security breach.

East India Trading was/is the Crowns' influential drug running company responsible for opium trade from the 1600's onward.

Drug trafficking and it's sister money laundering are well documented by practically every major bank who have admitted it and paid fines for their deeds it's well reported and accepted. Consider BCCI.

The issue with extraordinary rendition or torture flights using the same planes as drug running and it's tentacles are events reported, I referenced and linked to the articles and photos, the people are identified, the facts stand.

Please speak to the issues specifically. This is not a personal discussion between us, its a discussion about the world that we live in-please reference articles, sources, facts.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 09:22 AM

All the laws and enforcement in the world will not keep people from getting high. Last week I went to a lumber yard in La Paz, I noticed a man who looked to be in his sixties buying a small can of Resistol, when I left he was outside with a rag over his face sniffing it. It is an exercise in futility to attempt to control drugs with prohibition, we have been trying to do that for a hundred years and the problem is worse than ever, the ineffectiveness is evidenced by the price on the street. The only sane way forward is legalization and the treatment of drug abuse as a medical problem.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 09:29 AM

gnukid, you are spot on in your analysis, the obscene amounts of money generated by the illegality of drugs is a corrupting influence on everyone involved from dealers to law enforcement to politicians.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
All the laws and enforcement in the world will not keep people from getting high.

You're probably right. There have been laws against murder forever and it too just keeps escalating. It seems to have evolved to a form of communication.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 09:56 AM

Dennis, The homicide rate in the US steadily increased from 1920-1933 then rapidly declined when prohibition was repealed. I suspect that we would see a similar effect if drugs were legalized.
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 09:59 AM

Any of you read this ? ?

http://variousenthusiasms.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/the-sicar...

It provides a very unique perspective into just how difficult this situation we all care about really is....

BTW: I tell the kiddos I work with to "attack the problem, not the person" . . . sometimes we adults need a reminder about this too. We're all in this mess together, afterall.

It is good to share and consider diverse views, compare them, discuss them, etc.
Yaknow . . . . Aluminum is great stuff.... Magnesium is great stuff. Together (alloy) they can create materials which serve purposes that neither one could do by itself....

for what its worth :)

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Dennis, The homicide rate in the US steadily increased from 1920-1933 then rapidly declined when prohibition was repealed. I suspect that we would see a similar effect if drugs were legalized.

Thanks. I didn't mean to relate the two issues.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by djh
Any of you read this ? ?

Yeah....it's been here a couple of times.
If you like Bowden, look him up on Amazon books. He's a prolific writer, mostly about the El Paso/Juarez area. "Down By The River" is one I recommend.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 10:43 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-02-09-us-mexico-pol...

U.S., Mexico police unite to fight border crime

excerpt: "TUCSON — Top Homeland Security officials said Tuesday that a little-known coalition of U.S. and Mexican police agencies has played a major part in cracking down on smuggling and illegal immigration along the Arizona-Mexico border."

IMHO, one of the biggest hurdles is convincing the Mexican people the USA is on their side in the drug war. It will likely never happen. Every time the USA and Mexico cooperate they have to hide it until they have some measure of success to show. Then they release the news and hope it goes over well with the Mexican people and the GOM. But what will Americans reaction be when the bodies of US police and BP agents start to pile up and the spraying of bullets happens regularly NOB? If the USA decides to wade into this war, it had better move some more resources to it.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.