Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  12
Author: Subject: SEE UPDATE: Stolen Boat & Trailer
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 03:08 PM

If you can determine that he has an established business (check with California Secy of State (Business Search) under various names "Baja Haul" "Connolly Corp" or by principal, and see if there is a listed person for service of process, address of business.
If he says he's insured, then you can make a claim. Make an inquiry at Craigslist contact info. as a different person and ask about his insurance. Make a complaint with Craigslist if you can.
"What would make the contract void?" A fraudulent element - stated price included insurance or would get insurance, but did not intend to would be one (intent to decieve).
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 04:23 PM

Thanks for the great ideas. I am trying in vain to post photos of the boat & trailer. Advice?
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 05:14 PM

Here are some photos of the missing boat and trailer...

fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 05:21 PM

that is a sweet boat...sorry for your loss.

How did it handle the SOC?
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 05:38 PM

Thanks for posting the photos Ron. As you can see it has a unique hull and should be easily recognized. Fishabductor, thanks for your kind words. She was not an offshore boat but was awesome in the waters around La Paz.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 05:49 PM

What about contacting David *******, Elinvestig8r on The BajaNomad. He is an investigator. I think he is in El Rosario right now.

David,
Can you respond?

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 05:52 PM

Post an ad in the boats section of Craiglist in the following sections, with photos and a statement (Spanish and English) that it has been stolen.

Offering a reward will probably help too..

Tijuana Craigslist Boats for Sale

Baja Sur Craigslist Boats for Sale

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 06:01 PM

so sorry for your loss. beautiful boat and I sure hope someone sees it and you get it back.....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 10:08 PM
Already working on it...

Latina... I am sorry for what happened to you... this kind of dishonest behavior is unacceptable, I am sure everyone here will try to help in anyway they can.

On our part, I have just instructed my supervisors at BajaCactus, who reside in El Rosario, to try and locate either this Jim Connolly and/or his girlfriend/wife at the Sinahi Restaurant.

They will also go to the local stores and the local police department and authorities to see if anyone knows them.

Since El Rosario is a very small town, we should know pretty quick if this guy really lives or ever lived there.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-20-2011 at 10:43 PM

Mil gracias Antonio!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus
Latina... I am sorry for what happened to you... this kind of dishonest behavior is unacceptable, I am sure everyone here will try to help in anyway they can.

On our part, I have just instructed my supervisors at BajaCactus, who reside in El Rosario, to try and locate either this Jim Connolly and/or his girlfriend/wife at the Sinahi Restaurant.

They will also go to the local stores and the local police department and authorities to see if anyone knows them.

Since El Rosario is a very small town, we should know pretty quick if this guy really lives or ever lived there.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

Good man Antonio! You seem to always be around when someone needs help.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 07:53 AM

Bravo, Antonio.. bravo.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 08:03 AM

Thank you so much Antonio. It will be a great help to know the whereabouts of JIM CONNOLLY so we can try and determine what happened to our boat & trailer, where it happened and when it happened....

As our only contact with JIM CONNOLLY after he drove away from our house in La Paz was by cellphone, and much of what he relayed to us turned out to be untrue, we really have no way of knowing if in fact our boat & trailer were stolen in Rosarito. They could just as easily be anywhere else.

Hopefully the photos that Ron posted above will jog someone's memory if and when they saw La Tina on the highway between La Paz and the border.

Thankyou again, everyone for keeping this search active and continuing to come up with ideas.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 08:17 AM

Latina
If he is still advertising on Craigslist, then maybe you could set up a sting, tell him, through a freind, that you have a trailer that needs to be towed to Baja, and when you finally meet to pay him his money, you've got him. Thieves are greedy, he might go for it.
Larry
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 08:42 AM

The sting idea is tempting, but we are not in La Paz for another few weeks and he could be anywhere. We need more evidence to present to the policia when we return to La Paz regarding the theft of our boat and trailer.
Even if we can meet with him there is nothing we can do to arrest him or force him to compensate us for our loss. We need the authorities for that and they will want as much information as we can provide.
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 08:52 AM
Thank you

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

Antonio,

I just wanted to say thank you on behalf of all fisherman and nomads. I regularily use your pemex, in fact I used it 2 days ago on my return drive back home to los cabos.

I also wanted to say that the girl with the nose ring was extremely kind and helpful to me, she even took care of my factura for me...a 1st at any pemex in baja!

Thanks again,
Fishabductor
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

thumbup.gif posted on 3-21-2011 at 09:21 AM

I have met Antonio on several occasions. He is always ready to help when needed. Gracias, Amigo!

latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 06:04 PM

It's getting worse... JIM CONNOLLY has lied to us about a whole lot more than not being insured.

One week to the day after he picked up our boat in La Paz we have a confirmed sighting of JIM CONNOLLY and his girlfriend "Dulce" and baby heading northbound WITHOUT OUR BOAT & TRAILER in the Loreto area, which is completely contrary to the story he told us about being broken down for several days with his truck and our property, in Ensenada.

This really begs the question: Where was our property mid-day March 9th when he assured us that our property was safe and sound WITH HIM IN ENSENADA while he was trying to repair his broken down truck???

Now we have no reason to believe the story that his friend from Oxnard was driving down to finish our delivery because his truck obviously was not broken down in Ensenada the day we talked to him on his cellphone. He apparently was in the Loreto area.

Given all this and the fact that he is not answering either of his cellphones or our emails we have strong reason to believe that he knows EXACTLY where OUR boat, outboard motor and trailer are.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 06:38 PM

IP addresses

You check those ?

You may want to hire a skip tracer.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 07:20 PM

His info. and part of yours point to him, and his friend, being from Oxnard, ca. I looked around the boat storage areas near the harbor and did not see anything. No one that I spoke to knew a Connolly that hauled boats. There is no Jim Connolly listed in the local phone books, sorry.
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.