BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: On the west side, half way down. Or so.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 03:35 PM

think about it. if the OP posted the name of the spot or if DK (GOOGLE) had the name it would be a return in a search engine FOREVER!

not that we don't want new folks to find it, far from it, we just don't want it to be on the AAA map (it isn't!) anytime soon.

BTW, U2U is your friend regarding info that should not be in the public domain, and when you return, crop your fotos so that the next guy who doesn't know where you were-doesn't.....

i guess i''m an Ahole? see you out there.....

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
What is the name of the beach or nearby town? We're taking a couple of grandkids to Baja Sur in about a month. We're spending most of our time in the Mulege area but would like to spend some time on the Pacific Ocean side. The places that we are familar with are in Baja Norte and the weather is still pretty cold.

Good luck getting that spilled!:lol:

Seriously, a few surfers somehow think that once they learn of a location nobody else should go... as if they would ever see another Nomad there when they are there, and even so... why would that be so bad?

The OP here probably just doesn't want one of the other secret keepers (and there are so many, it isn't a secret) to jump down his throat for giving the name of that beach north of Santa Rosalillita... or where-ever it is:lol::light:;D

Guys, the locals are hurting for some vacationers to return to Baja... with the economy and fear of Mexico, business is dead. Your 'spot' won't be ruined by other Nomads... the only harm will come from good roads that Mexico is building... because 'bad roads bring good people... but good roads bring ALL kinds of people'*

*Mama Espinoza, 1973 when pavement came to El Rosario.

Well said.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 05:32 PM

some of us go get it, some want to.

which one are you?:P:lol::light:

[Edited on 4-17-2011 by woody with a view]

thought you knew.jpg - 45kB

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 05:59 PM

Books, magazines, & fellow surfers have all disclosed the 7 Sisters,,, yet, somehow you think Baja Nomad will be the one and only place that bad people will gain info. in order to grafitti or crowd out your beach... Now, that is funny!

I have shared perhaps one of the finest beaches within a days drive of the border for years here... and it still is just as beautiful and deserted as it was 33 years ago. Baja Nomads are good people, people that you could camp with or share with, and not be sorry. Acting like you are superior because you have a secret here is okay if that's how you want to play... but, it is that road not Nomad that will bring rif raf to your beach.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 06:04 PM

Bad road equal good people is just a saying with no basis if fact, bad guy like to hide down bad roads. It's the seven sisters area, and Ventura is better on most days.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Books, magazines, & fellow surfers have all disclosed the 7 Sisters,,, yet, somehow you think Baja Nomad will be the one and only place that bad people will gain info. in order to grafitti or crowd out your beach... Now, that is funny!

I have shared perhaps one of the finest beaches within a days drive of the border for years here... and it still is just as beautiful and deserted as it was 33 years ago. Baja Nomads are good people, people that you could camp with or share with, and not be sorry. Acting like you are superior because you have a secret here is okay if that's how you want to play... but, it is that road not Nomad that will bring rif raf to your beach.

dk:
i suggest you write an online travel guide to the seven sisters coast, with guide to camping, surfing and fishing spots,; roads to get there, etc.
i sometimes upport the NIMYism of surfers, but find woodywoodpecker pompous and insufferable, would like you to write the guide just to annoy him off.

[Edited on 4-17-2011 by mtgoat666]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 06:42 PM

i give up. all of you can go camp with DK (he is only asking his passenger for $200 for gas!) and have it all to yourselves. average minds think alike.

i've met many Nomads on the road to nowhere..... and we get along just fine without the rest of the chicken coop group (hi JR!).....

kiss me where i poop.:P

baja oct 10 121.jpg - 45kB

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
It's the seven sisters area, and Ventura is better on most days.

:lol:

edit: NOT silver strand, oaxaxnard, fairgrounds, emma wood, pt mugu, etc.....

:rolleyes:

:cool:

jan 2011 with Regan 100.JPG - 45kB

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 07:15 PM

All in good fun... and no Woody, not for gas only... I have a Tacoma, not a V-8 Tundra!:lol:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2011 at 07:19 PM

hey goat!

i'm insufferable? go lay down by your dish......

Mike99km
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 09:17 AM

David, if the was a surf break on your little island the place would be paved with a cantina and rooms to rent. Some of us have watched great places get bought and closed. The place on this thread is being developed. Some of us will share places directly but not on a open forum. You do not seem to understand when more people travel down a road the better it tends to get.
I disagree with your views about posting info on Baja, but we all need a place to shine and this is yours. There are no secret places, some are just harder to find.

You live the life you settle for.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W. C. Fields.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:38 AM

.. or harder to get to! ;)

GordoyFeo

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:40 AM

I think the 3 stooges have sold every lot they could already. Soon it will be time to take them away and sell them again.:lol:

The arsehole gabacho who put up the barb wire :fire: around his trophy lot and pos casita should have his balls cut off.

There are no secret spots but go earn the stoke, do not burn it.

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 12:15 PM

805gregg- In the mid 80's I lived in Simi Valley and frequently surfed Ventura beaches. Had some great times. Now I'm better suited to a boogy board!!
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2011 at 10:51 AM

well, for better or worse, much of that area is being bought up and put into a conservancy(or some such thing) so it can't be developed. people have put their $ were their hearts are and are doing something to keep this strecth of coast as pristine as possible.

from a point north, near where they use to ship the onyx from, south to where a recent attempt to build a marina, is about 150 miles of coast to explore for those who really want to. no gps needed, just preperation and the desire.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2011 at 09:14 AM

Goat that book has already been written. "The Surfer's Guide to Baja" by Mike Parise. It's got just about everything on where to stay, money, where to eat, where the surf spots are and how to get there. The only thing DK could add is the longitude and latitude. I never knew there were so many surf spots, then I'm not a surfer.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2011 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Goat that book has already been written. "The Surfer's Guide to Baja" by Mike Parise. It's got just about everything on where to stay, money, where to eat, where the surf spots are and how to get there. The only thing DK could add is the longitude and latitude. I never knew there were so many surf spots, then I'm not a surfer.

No, sorry... I could not... I never recorded any GPS of beaches or surf breaks.

I post about ROADS in Baja, not surf breaks... I am not qualified to mention any. Plus, the road along the '7 Sisters' is neither new nor a secret! 1962 Lower California Guidebook and the 1977 Offbeat Baja road guide gave excating details of it. Heck, the 1975 Score Baja 1000 raced down it to Punta Prieta even! It is bad roads that filter out 'bad' people... Mexico is paving and grading roads into the area, and THAT is what the surfers (who like it deserted) need to fear!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2011 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pappy
well, for better or worse, much of that area is being bought up and put into a conservancy(or some such thing) so it can't be developed. people have put their $ were their hearts are and are doing something to keep this strecth of coast as pristine as possible.

really? where is info on this conservation effort?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2011 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge
"They" are there, for better or worse.

http://www.wildcoast.net/programs/1-valle-de-los-cirios

Thanks for the link Don Jorge...

Has anyone looked at this web site and at what has been done from 2006 to March 2011?

>>>"WiLDCOAST finally secured a 2,972 acre parcel near Punta Canoas on the northern shore of the Valle de los Cirios Coast. The parcel contains nearly a mile of majestic desert shoreline..."<<<

In 5 years, they aquired 'nearly a MILE' of coastline to protect!!! How much money have they collected in the five years from folks hoping to preserve the 200 miles of Los Cirios coastline?

Perhaps I missed seeing if there is any more coastline obtained? 1/200th is a start, anyway!:light:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2011 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
In 5 years, they aquired 'nearly a MILE' of coastline to protect!!! How much money have they collected in the five years from folks hoping to preserve the 200 miles of Los Cirios coastline?

Perhaps I missed seeing if there is any more coastline obtained? 1/200th is a start, anyway!:light:

sorry you don't approve of their speed, DK.
every little bit counts.

p.s. if you are going to criticize, i ask: what have you done?
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.