Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: splash has new website
drarroyo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2011 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
wow a blast from the past, JR. he and I had our disagreements but that's before I transformed. I get it now, JR was right. You're spirit lives JR!

everyone can see him and feel him, he's in the sunsets, he glows underwater under a dark moon, his blossoms add color every season and their odor is intoxicating it goes right through us, its why we're here

can you roll me one of those??
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2011 at 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drarroyo
can you roll me one of those??

:lol::lol::lol: First one's free. :lol::lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-10-2011 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Thanks to the 'Americans' (or whoever eats there) the 'Mexicans' have an income (owners, staff, food suppliers (incl. farmers and fishermen), utility company, on and on).

Does jenny not like Mexicans earning money? :?:

I don't know David. Were you happy with the apartheid system in South Africa? Them darkies got to have an income working for the güeros. So what if they lived in squalid slums in a caste-system society?

The issue, in case you cannot figure it out, is as JR said. The gringos want to be IN Mexico, but not be a part of Mexico, while all the while professing how great Mexico is.

Ask Gypsy Jan or Krafty why they live in Mexico but run up to the US every week to do their grocery shopping, buy their clothes, see their doctors, etc. Mexico is good enough to live in as long as they are behind a guard gate with a guard who will not let any old Mexico in. Then they rationlaize it all by saying they dropped a few pesos in Mexico.

Before you get too up on yourself for being a high and mighty social justice guy, remember that I knew jrbaja and Carol, personally, been to their home in La Barca, and they lived in a GATED 'gringo' community. It was the source of much pleasure that he could get under all of our skins by acting like he lived amongst the 'common people' of Baja. So, why not halt your name-dropping of the dead to push your agenda of hate against Americans of light skin.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2011 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Americans of light skin.

OhhhMyGawddddd...we have finally arrived. Thank you, David. I didn't know we were allowed to say anything like that. :biggrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-10-2011 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Americans of light skin.

OhhhMyGawddddd...we have finally arrived. Thank you, David. I didn't know we were allowed to say anything like that. :biggrin:

Well, it seemed the only way jenny can understand things is for her/him to play the race card, like her/his comment: "Them darkies got to have an income working for the güeros..."

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 12:10 AM

Quote:
...agenda of hate against Americans of light skin.

The horror! The horror!

The persecution of white Americans must stop!

DK: I can't imagine the unspeakably horrible discrimination and persecution you white men have endured! The world has been so unfair to you light skinned Americans!
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 02:15 AM

Quote:
Before you get too up on yourself for being a high and mighty social justice guy, remember that I knew jrbaja and Carol, personally, been to their home in La Barca, and they lived in a GATED 'gringo' community.

Well David, let me tell you what you DON'T know. Yes, when you met jrbaja he lived in a gated gringo community. But, when he moved in to La Barca, it was an ungated community of mostly Mexicans. Then the Los Angeles gringos he so often railed about moved in.

Now the old man who owned La Barca was getting on in years and he had 15 children. A sure sign of trouble ahead. The old man had his youngest son manage the property, and the kid didn't have the huevos to stand up to all those LA gringos.

The first thing these gringos did was demand that the owner put in a gate to keep the Mexicans out. Then in short order they wanted contracts, fences, and leases.

The family wanted to eventually develop the property, so in order to defend what the LA gringos thought was THEIR property rights, they hired a lawyer and formed an HOA. The lawyer took their money and came back after awhile and told them they were now a legal "social club" registered in Mexico City and there was no way the old man was going to develop the property out from under them until the property was distributed to the 15 children, which in Mexico can take generations.

Some of the people at La Barca did not join the HOA/social club (it is not mandatory under Mexican law), so those new LA gringos started to make trouble for them. They said the non-payers were drug dealers and called the police on them a few times.

One of the new LA gringas tried to break up a dog fight between two dogs that were not hers. She hit herself in the knee with a baseball bat. So she sued the owner of one of the dogs, a gringo, in Mexican court and was laughed out by the judge. Being resourcful, the new LA gringa used her homeowners insurance policy from the US to sue the other gringo dog owner in the US.

The Mexican family that owned the campo got fed up with all this and told the LA gringos to not pay rent, just get the hell out. But they stayed. Their HOA lawyer set up an escrow account and they paid into that.

Now nothing can get done the old way by just working things out among themselves. Now it is war. Lawsuits are everywhere. The family is fighting each other, the tenants are fighting each other and the family is fighting the tenants.

And this same, or a similar story is told about other campos.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
they lived in a GATED 'gringo' community.

Where?

If you're speaking of La Barca, I'd hardly call it that.

BTW, most of that place was razed several years ago.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 09:21 AM

I kind of expected Von to be joining the discussion by now. Maybe he has a real life. :lol:
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 09:27 AM

Jenny, you don't know JACK about me, so stick to what you know. You seem to be filled with negativity and hate, and why is that? This is supposed to be fun and informative, and all you try to do is beat people down. How about trying to be positive for a change?
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by krafty
Jenny, you don't know JACK about me, so stick to what you know. You seem to be filled with negativity and hate, and why is that? This is supposed to be fun and informative, and all you try to do is beat people down. How about trying to be positive for a change?

Not too sure about the fun part, but it IS supposed to be informative. How about trying to be HONEST for a change? Somebody is going to believe your BS and get seriously hurt.
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 10:08 AM

This thread was supposed to be information about splash! What happened to that?:rolleyes:
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RichnLinda
This thread was supposed to be information about splash! What happened to that?:rolleyes:

Right there...First post...Did you not get it?

Do you want more info about the drunks at the bar?

'Cause I could help you with that. :biggrin:

Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

Right there...First post...Did you not get it?

Do you want more info about the drunks at the bar?

'Cause I could help you with that. :biggrin:
What an insulting negative old man you are. Do you even know any of those people? How do you know they are drunks, because they are having a drink and eating lunch?:?:
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 10:55 AM

Quote:
What an insulting negative old man you are. Do you even know any of those people? How do you know they are drunks, because they are having a drink and eating lunch?:?:

Actually, I know most everyone in those pictures...What they drink and how much.

And...I'm not that old.

Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I know most everyone in those pictures...What they drink and how much.

And...I'm not that old.
Well then, I guess you're one of them and it takes one to know one
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 11:19 AM
Nope

Quote:

I have a visceral dislike for drunks. The reason I know them is because I used to serve them. That, and because I used to perform music in the bars and restaurants they frequent.

I'd estimate that +30% of the ex-pat community are alcoholics.

Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I have a visceral dislike for drunks. The reason I know them is because I used to serve them. That, and because I used to perform music in the bars and restaurants they frequent.

I'd estimate that +30% of the ex-pat community are alcoholics.
And your point is?
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
And your point is?

That you are wrong when suggesting I am "one of them".

Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 11:40 AM

Well, I guess I am one of them and so are about 90% of the people I know, so I still don't know what the point is. Also being in a restaurant drinking and eating does not mean people are drunks and you sir, were in the wrong business if you dislike them so much.:yes:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.