BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: BajaCactus-El Rosario-What a Dump!
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 10:26 AM

Here is the proof of what I mean when I said: "There is a close-knit group here who will pee on your head and tell you it is raining."

People who did not like Baja Cactus and the number of posts they have made:

Cielomar - 12
Russ - 3678
bajajazz - 330

Here are the close-knit groupies with group-think who like and recommend Baja Cactus to any fool who drops in here:

gnukid - 2183
woody with a view - 6794
david K - 27785
Cielomar
Junior Nomad

Pictures of room 6. I'm not trying to simply dis BajaCactus but to warn other unsuspecting travelers that there are two sides to BajaCactus. Yes, we have all stayed at places like this but weren't lead to believe they were anything but what they appear to be....

BajaCactus June 2011 2.JPG - 17kB
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
Could not of put it better Jesse and drarroyo.:fire::fire: I can't see myself going to a website for the sole purpose of spreading hatred..

It's only hatred if your mind is so closed that it won't tolerate a different point of view.
Time for a puppy picture.
Cielomar
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 10:27 AM

Another

BajaCactus June 2011 1.JPG - 18kB
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 10:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
Nice comment, specially coming from a person banned several times that keeps coming back like a bad cold under different aliases.

Could not of put it better Jesse and drarroyo.:fire::fire: I can't see myself going to a website for the sole purpose of spreading hatred..

When is Doug going to wise up and ban your luv2fish ID? He has a rule against using two ID's to post on this forum.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 10:43 AM

I have stayed twice at BajaCactus in the past six months. I must have stayed in the new section. I thought everything was really good. One time I got the top floor room closest to the hwy and the window was open and I was woken up by a truck come down the hill. I closed the window and never heard any more trucks.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 10:48 AM

Wow, you even got toilet paper in your bathroom! :rolleyes:

Cielomar, being new I am guessing you have no clue to how Baja Cactus (a member here) has helped so many travelers, including those who don't stay at his motel. Non of the other area motel owners (San Quintin included) go out of their way to see to the needs of Baja travelers the way Antonio has... He has been awarded by the Dept. of Tourism for his hospitality.

Now, if that was the only good thing, it still should be enough to reward him with our business... but it isn't... the high standard motel that out-shines most U.S. motels still makes Baja Cactus an awesome stop. His staff are trained by the top hotel industry standards and the ammenities alone really rate... Free bottled water, free coffee maker, free shampoo/lotion, international calling phone in each room, heating and AC, pressure boosted water for nice showers and unlimited hot water, statellite TV with English and Spanish channels. Now, a few of those things are standard in U.S. motels, but most are not in Baja ones. Once you actually stay in a few Baja roadside motels, you will appreciate a place like Baja Cactus.

Again, you were in the older/ commercial rooms... that await being torn down... I have seen them and they are clean, have a TV, and are cheap... not that $35 for the newer rooms is expensive!

If you study this web site, you will see that the raves are all for the NEWER rooms (except for Shari who raves about the ones you stayed in)... So, if they were sold out (wonder why they sell out if they were bad?)... then you would have read here that Turista Motel or Baja's Best B&B are great alternatives... but there is also Sinahi Motel and Mama Espinoza's Las Cabaņas Motel if you want a lesser quality room, on par with the older rooms at Baja Cactus.

I look forward to your reviews of other Baja motels!:light::rolleyes:

[Edited on 6-25-2011 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 11:05 AM

To Jenny.Navarrette- I see the close-knit group differently. Everytime I have asked for info (in the question section) I have gotten information. Most of the information turned out to be accurate but I believe that even the inaccurate information was given in good faith. I have never stayed at BajaCactus but I do know that Antonio's willingness to help stranded strangers has been well documented. Personally I love this site but if I didn't I wouldn't bother visiting it. Ron
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 11:50 AM

ummm...I dont know about me RAVING about the old rooms...I sure thought it was good value for the pesos for sure but it was like...maybe over 10 years ago I stayed in one so perhaps things have changed in the old rooms...sounds like the beds need replacing all right. I dont want to give the impression I am raving about something that happened many years ago and would hate to give a recommendation based on outdated info...so take my so called raving with a grain of sal please.

Having said that...the new rooms are lovely, service has been excellent...maybe not perfect but sure awesome for the money indeed...thanks for the heads up on the old rooms as we may have rented one some day.

I certainly DO appreciate how Antonio goes above and beyond the call of duty to help travellers in distress and would choose his business to support over other hospitality folks who only care about themselves.

I havent knitted in years.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 12:05 PM

There are other good values available in the San Quintin/El Rosario area/ check them out.

Jardines, Santa MAria, etc
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 12:11 PM

I have stayed at The Baja Cactus Motel many times going North and going South. For one thing, the distance seems to work out right for the pace that I drive. I am usually towing something so I take it easy, with two overnights south of the border before reaching Mulege.

I love the architecture, the luxurious accommodations in the rooms and the courteous staff. Antonio, the owner, is a very nice person. He and his staff personally looked in on me a few years ago when I got deathly sick from eating Crab Burritos at Mama's. I had to extend my stay two extra nights before I knew I could make it to the border...alive.

Antonio has also organized and/or facilitated fund raisers (for which I contributed) to benefit people who were in dire straits.

While I think it is fair to report dissatisfaction with a room in the old section, I think the title of this string was inappropriate. It depicted the whole hotel in a bad light and that is not fair.

As to the BajaNomad being a "close Knit" group, what is wrong with that? It is a community. Close knit may not be accurate either. Like any community it has its share of nice people, rude people and a few(perhaps the same person?) detractor(s) with an anti-anything to do with Mexico, Mexicans and The BajaNomad Website agenda.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 12:22 PM
I STAY AT MAMA'S HOUSE

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 12:33 PM

We are looking forward to the planned remodel of the bathrooms at the Antonio's gas station!

Someone mentioned Catavina. We stopped there quickly a few weeks ago and they are doing a lot of work---should be nice. The posted prices were the same as before.

We still wish someone would pick up Jardins, or Don Diego's or Baja Cactus and drop it in Catavina----nice places and very well priced!

[Edited on 6-25-2011 by DianaT]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
ummm...I dont know about me RAVING about the old rooms...I sure thought it was good value for the pesos for sure but it was like...maybe over 10 years ago I stayed in one so perhaps things have changed in the old rooms...sounds like the beds need replacing all right. I dont want to give the impression I am raving about something that happened many years ago and would hate to give a recommendation based on outdated info...so take my so called raving with a grain of sal please.

Having said that...the new rooms are lovely, service has been excellent...maybe not perfect but sure awesome for the money indeed...thanks for the heads up on the old rooms as we may have rented one some day.

I certainly DO appreciate how Antonio goes above and beyond the call of duty to help travellers in distress and would choose his business to support over other hospitality folks who only care about themselves.

I havent knitted in years.

Hi Shari,

Sorry if I over-stated your reviews... but I was surprised how much you liked it after you posted them when you told me
they were for the older rooms, as you hadn't yet stayed in the newer ones (yet)... for example, here is some posts from you the past 6 years:

posted on 7-21-2006 at 06:16 PM

Mucho Felizidades to the Baja Cactus amigos....we rarely stay in hotels but we did last week and the muchacha who attended to us was wonderful...this is by far the best service I have ever had at any hotel in Baja and we will recommend it to everyone. Excellent service is so rare here and the rooms as everyone mentioned are terrific. Bravo!

posted on 1-16-2007 at 06:56 AM

Baja Cactus is one of the only hotels we stay in (we usually camp) when we want to spoil ourselves. We LOVE the dim lighting and excellent service. But I admit that it's the reasonably priced nice rooms that attract us. Most baja hotels are way out of our price range and so we appreciate the availablility of a less expensive rooms. Muchas gracias Antonio.

posted on 11-11-2008 at 07:46 AM

Wow, sounds like you are heading here at the right time...we had a lovely swim in 78 degree water yesterday! hurry down...but drive carefully and slowly...you will like the new highway improvements.
Baja CActus is a MUST in El Rosario...then in GN, there are lots of hotel...Los Caracoles is very nice...Posada Don Vicente is nice and cheap too and on the entrance to town...but if it's still light when you get to GN, you can continue another 45 minutes to Vizcaino...Motel Olivia across from the Pemex is cheap and nice too and there is a fantastic restaurant just a block down on the same side of the road...Martitas...excellent... Let us know when you arrive so we know you got here safely...buen viaja amigo!

posted on 9-12-2009 at 01:44 PM

I really liked Antonios gracious response...and LOVE Baja Cactus...

posted on 7-3-2010 at 07:12 AM

A great big baja welcome to you Gerald to "Nomadlandia"...it would be nice to know a bit about you...many new members tell us a bit about themselves so we can get to know each other better.

At first I thought this question was a joke....because nearly everyone here knows how awesome Baja Cactus is!!!! It is our absolute favorite hotel in that area...actually...anywhere as you get a fabulous room for an affordable(for us) price...dont forget to ask for the Bajanomad discount!!! and get a massage from their wonderful massuese there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, while I would say that every year you have indeed given Baja Cactus a rave review, maybe it isn't so rave to you?

Anyway, the rooms consistantly sell out so I recommend a reservation if you want some 'luxury' compared to other places for a tiny price on your trips or even to make El Rosario a destination... there is so much to see and do around there!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

drarroyo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 12:41 PM

oh krist
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 12:56 PM

This is a close-knit group in the sense that most here do come together in times of crisis to help others. Numerous examples of that in countless threads over the years.

But to imply that everybody here thinks alike or a single, lock-step agenda? I doubt we could get everybody here to even agree on what day it is...

:lol:

goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 12:59 PM

Hey Diana, Is Jardins dog friendly? I know you travel with dogs, me too and I'm thinking about staying there next trip down. I want to have dinner at the restaurant there, Carlos was super cool to us last trip when we tried for a late breakfast but discovered they don't serve breakfast and don't open til noon. He opened an hour early and made us an absolutely beautiful breakfast and fresh coffee that cost about $18.00 usd. I wish I'd taken a picture! Not familiar with Don Diego's?
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
We are looking forward to the planned remodel of the bathrooms at the Antonio's gas station!

Someone mentioned Catavina. We stopped there quickly a few weeks ago and they are doing a lot of work---should be nice. The posted prices were the same as before.

We still wish someone would pick up Jardins, or Don Diego's or Baja Cactus and drop it in Catavina----nice places and very well priced!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 01:23 PM

OK, I stand corrected....I did rave a bit....baja cactus is anything BUT a dump.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
OK, I stand corrected....I did rave a bit....baja cactus is anything BUT a dump.

;):yes:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goldhuntress
Hey Diana, Is Jardins dog friendly? I know you travel with dogs, me too and I'm thinking about staying there next trip down. I want to have dinner at the restaurant there, Carlos was super cool to us last trip when we tried for a late breakfast but discovered they don't serve breakfast and don't open til noon. He opened an hour early and made us an absolutely beautiful breakfast and fresh coffee that cost about $18.00 usd. I wish I'd taken a picture! Not familiar with Don Diego's?
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

It is Posada Don Diego (RV Park, Restaurant) in Colonia V. Guerrero... turn west next to the propane distributor. The owner is a Nomad 'Irene'... search for more.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.