Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New visa requirements
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2011 at 12:18 PM
Update oxxo?

Did you get your new cards yet oxxo? Can we have an update? Any changes on your immigration status?

We picked ours up yesterday and no change in the card or the process in the La Paz office. Our cards say "Inmigrante Rentista, Refrendo 1" . It's our 2nd year with FM2's so we're on our 1st renewal.

Sorry we were in a hurry, and I didn't ask the agent at INM about the changes at this office.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2011 at 08:30 PM

oladulce - you do NOT want to be a rentista since you are not renting ... better get that fixed, amiga !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
prema2

[*] posted on 11-11-2011 at 11:13 AM
new visa changes

I renew my FM3 on December 3rd and I do have a fidiocomiso. I am hoping someone here can respond and let me know if I can fast track to resident...and permanant status as its expensive to do every year.... Can someone let me know if and where they did a fast track as 0xx0 was referring to. I would love to hear from you
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-11-2011 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by prema2
I renew my FM3 on December 3rd and I do have a fidiocomiso. I am hoping someone here can respond and let me know if I can fast track to resident...and permanant status as its expensive to do every year.... Can someone let me know if and where they did a fast track as 0xx0 was referring to. I would love to hear from you

You can switch from an FM-3 to an FM-2 anytime, no fast track, though. Takes 5 years on an FM-2 to get to the free stage.......I believe.

prema2

[*] posted on 11-11-2011 at 02:42 PM

Thanks...that should give me a few more days fishing and save enough to buy bait and lures for my next panga trip
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 11-11-2011 at 03:19 PM

Just finished our FM2 renewal in La Paz, same drill as before, same card. New rules haven't been implemented yet, My expediter and I talked at length about the upcoming changes, it's still a "wait and see" thing......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 11-13-2011 at 08:40 AM

and a new government coming into office next with the elections, so it may all change again before this is even implemented!

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2011 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
changes, it's still a "wait and see" thing......dt

Who would expect otherwise? It just comes with the territory, I guess.
prema2

[*] posted on 12-4-2011 at 05:47 PM

my application for an fm2 was accepted with proof that I have a fidiocomiso so the truth is there in the post that you can jump from fm3 to fm2 if you can prove you have a trust set up with the mexican bank...thanks...that saved me having to do fm3 3 more times
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2011 at 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by prema2
my application for an fm2 was accepted with proof that I have a fidiocomiso so the truth is there in the post that you can jump from fm3 to fm2 if you can prove you have a trust set up with the mexican bank...thanks...that saved me having to do fm3 3 more times

I do not have a fideo and was able to move from a 3 to a 2 with just a simple change in the application.

Cheep

[*] posted on 8-31-2012 at 02:48 PM

Dredging up an old thread...

Just completed my first FM2 renewal. No apparent change to the procedures or the documentation needed (CFE statement, most recent three months of bank statements, the letter requesting resident status, copies of passport and current FM2 card, completed application form from INM website, and yes...new photos). Fee was 3140 pesos...about the same as last year, I reckon.

Filled out the application online on 22 August. Went to the Cabo San Lucas INM office the next day. Gave 'em the stuff, paid the fee, went home. On 28 August the INM website where you can track the progress of your paperwork told me to presentarle myself back to the office. I went in today (31 August) and they gave me my new card. Pretty clean.

If you're going through this for the first time, this website was helpful to me in trying to understand both the renewal and initial application process:

http://jaltembajalapeno.com/foreign-residents/mexico-visas-%...

I will also put in a plug for the staff at the Cabo San Lucas INM office. Every single person that I dealt with (this year and last year) was extremely helpful, efficient, and good-spirited.

So in a nutshell, no new information, nothing has changed...which sometimes is good news all by itself.

Cheers.

-Cheep.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-31-2012 at 03:14 PM

That's a sweet looking link, but I wish it was an official government link instead of a web site by another Mexico buff. Looks like he did a good job!

However...

His answer about taking an expired FMM back to INM when one returns to Mexico is not the best advice. Also, him not having the address where to mail them back to Mexico after you leave, but before they expire... well, that all has been posted here on Nomad.

Can those who have FM-3 or FM-2 cards verify the information provided?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.