BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  31
Author: Subject: 'Double Wall Barrier' talk - Will GOP immigration rhetoric cost Latino votes?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-20-2011 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Jesse---------I think you are 100% correct in everything you say above EXCEPT the "closet racism", and I am a life-long Republican. But enforcing the laws that already exist is not something that we individually can do anything about, other than vote, cry out about (which certainly happens),or rat on violators when we see them, which I do with gusto, or would do if I saw it happening (and yes, it sure happens). The "racism" claim is bogus, IMO, and just used too stir up emotion, and as a cop-out to avoid talking about the issue in rational ways.

Enforce the border laws, and then we can address the millions of folks already here------in that order. You have the GOP figured wrong---------few are racists.

Barry

I think i should be more clear, i should say SOME republicans, not all. And i don't see anybody avoiding any talk, i think all sides want this discussion. Problem is, those few republican closet racist leaders destroy any chance for a civil intelligent debate because most latinos can see right tru them even do their fellow republicans can't.

You are making some huge assumptions, Jesse, when you say that even a few of "the leaders" in the GOP have a racist motive--------how in the world do these "leaders" defend themselves----against assumptions???? That is a lose-lose situation for them (which is often the case when "racism" is claimed).

Barry
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-20-2011 at 06:37 PM

As soon as the Democrat crew realize they are losing the debate, out pops the "race card". Equating the illegal immigrants from Canada to the illegal immigrants from Mexico? Guess math isn't one of your strong points.:D
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-20-2011 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jesse---------I think you are 100% correct in everything you say above EXCEPT the "closet racism", and I am a life-long Republican. But enforcing the laws that already exist is not something that we individually can do anything about, other than vote, cry out about (which certainly happens),or rat on violators when we see them, which I do with gusto, or would do if I saw it happening (and yes, it sure happens). The "racism" claim is bogus, IMO, and just used too stir up emotion, and as a cop-out to avoid talking about the issue in rational ways.

Enforce the border laws, and then we can address the millions of folks already here------in that order. You have the GOP figured wrong---------few are racists.

Barry

I think i should be more clear, i should say SOME republicans, not all. And i don't see anybody avoiding any talk, i think all sides want this discussion. Problem is, those few republican closet racist leaders destroy any chance for a civil intelligent debate because most latinos can see right tru them even do their fellow republicans can't.

You are making some huge assumptions, Jesse, when you say that even a few of "the leaders" in the GOP have a racist motive--------how in the world do these "leaders" defend themselves----against assumptions???? That is a lose-lose situation for them (which is often the case when "racism" is claimed).

Barry

barry:
you can't explain away rick perry and his hunting club signage that he left up for many years.
have you seen the tea baggers vitriol toward Obama? the racist signage at their marches during the midterm election?
have you seen the racist conservatives in nomadlandia? take a look at the OT forum and read what fulano writes, greench1t writes, skeet writes, mr bile writes, etc. even so-called liberals like joeidiotjoe are antisemite bigots.
racism is everywhere, always has been.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2011 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
If we had 12 million + or - Canadian Gringos in our Country illegally it would be a serious problem

As thousands of food and beverage waiters would be starving. ;)

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2011 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

Barry

I am pro securing borders, stopping illegal immigration, and holding goverments accountable. And yet when i hear many republicans i feel that anger, that "this is our country" feeling they have. If it was only about securing the borders i would support them, but its not. I feel a lot of hypocrisy from them and i am not even a democrat or a leftie.

makana.gabriel
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2011 at 10:48 PM

The rhetoric is base and disgusting Ken! I think it will take another generation or two before Latinos connect with Republicans.

FAITH sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible!
Kalypso
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2011 at 11:08 PM

Quote:
I am pro securing borders, stopping illegal immigration, and holding goverments accountable. And yet when i hear many republicans i feel that anger, that "this is our country" feeling they have. If it was only about securing the borders i would support them, but its not. I feel a lot of hypocrisy from them and i am not even a democrat or a leftie.

Amen to that. What's happened in AZ, AL and GA under Republican administrations was not based on securing the border. It had far deeper roots based in something most Americans would perfer not to confront, admit or deal with. It is still very much a country divided by race and class
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 07:23 AM
...or more

Quote:
Originally posted by makana.gabriel
The rhetoric is base and disgusting Ken! I think it will take another generation or two before Latinos connect with Republicans.

Ever watch the Univision and/or Telemundo news? Repubican is definitely a bad word with the broadcasts, and I can certainly understand why. Me no vote Republican. :light:

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Quote:

Ever watch the Univision and/or Telemundo news? Repubican is definitely a bad word with the broadcasts, and I can certainly understand why. Me no vote Republican. :light:

Hmmmmm, and how is that working our for ya, Ken???

"Racism"--------a truly over-worked word if there ever was one!!!

Barry
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 12:46 PM

"Me no vote Republican!" Good for you! You're just another brick in the wall. :D
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

Racism? Did you watch the CNN Debates? When Gov. Perry called Cain, "Brother" I shook my head and said, "Who is a victim of his own politics?"LOL If you don't know, Gov. Perry's family camped at "-iggerHead, TX" for years.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 02:47 PM

Ken Cooke, Go ahead and vote for Obama again. Perry called Cain "brother". Oh yea! With all the real questions to be asked; to name a few, "Fast and Furious", the loans to defunct energy companies, auto company bailouts etc. Perry called Cain "brother". Hang your hat on that! And vote for Obama. Good God in heaven! Ignore how incompetent the whole crew is and put 'em back in for another disasterous term. But I see! Perry called Cain "brother".
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

Racism? Did you watch the CNN Debates? When Gov. Perry called Cain, "Brother" I shook my head and said, "Who is a victim of his own politics?"LOL If you don't know, Gov. Perry's family camped at "-iggerHead, TX" for years.

Uh huh, and oh my Gawd and Jeeeezo, there is a mountain range in Wyoming called the GRAND TETONS, of all things, and we all don't change it---------I guess we we are ALL anti-feminine sexists pigs!!!!!

Come onnnnnnnnn!!!!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

Uh huh, and oh my Gawd and Jeeeezo, there is a mountain range in Wyoming called the GRAND TETONS, of all things, and we all don't change it---------I guess we we are ALL anti-feminine sexists pigs!!!!!

Come onnnnnnnnn!!!!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Barry

barry:
what acceptable explanation is there for perry and his family leaving the n1ggerhhead sign on their property for so many years?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 03:52 PM

Brother Republican is how I took that... Why do democrats refuse to live by Dr. King's words?

Ken, aren't you my 'Baja Brother' or 'Four Wheeling Brother' as well as my good friend? I never treated you differently than any of my other friends and I don't give a rat's behind that your sun tan is darker than mine or what your politics are or that you are going to vote for that ***** again!

Despite what folks who don't me say here on Nomad, I don't choose friends or help people that only vote conservative... I may talk politics with passion, but I never let politics interfere with friendships... and while it is easy to type our thoughts here, let's all base ideas about each other on how we act in person, and not the suddon bursts of text on Nomad.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 04:29 PM

Senior Goat-------

The same reason that we, the people of the USofA, leave many geographical names in place even tho they may have conotations that some interpret as "offensive"---------PC gone wild!!!! It WAS the name of the place, and had been so for years. Besides, there WERE explanations by the Perry folks, but those that wish him harm refuse to except them. So what else is new???

"Racism" will last as long as some folks want it too, by continually bringing it up and branding people with it----------I say lets get on with life, and forget this stuff--------there is lots in our history that we can carp about, and some do, but what is the point?--------all very counterproductive, if you ask me.

Barry
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 04:38 PM

Historically Democrats pander to Latinos and African Americans in return for votes. In minority communities the word Republican is a bad word.
For many years when Latinos register to vote, they automatically register as Democrats. They've been brainwashed by the Democrats that the big, bad, Republicans are a racist bunch who could care less about minorities.

Aside from the Navy families, my area is almost 100% Mexican and there is excitement in the air due to Spanish news reports that Obama is going to temporarily lower the cost of obtaining U.S. citizenship from $800.00 to $150.00. Guess what all these people will register as and just in time for next years elections.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 04:40 PM

:lol: republicans destroyed their economy and killed the good image the US had abroad and now they call Obama incompetent?:lol::lol::lol:

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
:lol: republicans destroyed their economy and killed the good image the US had abroad and now they call Obama incompetent?:lol::lol::lol:

I guess you have forgotten about Barney Frank and Chris Dodd (Dodd/Frank legislation) and the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac debacle-------not a Republican initiative.

As for overseas???-----they are now laughing at us :P

I, for one, never called Obama "incompetent"-----quite the opposite, he appears to be on track unfortunately with what he said he would do, but Repubs are trying to stop him with all our energy.

Barry
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 04:52 PM

But back to the Latino vote, historically Latinos do not come out in great numbers to vote. The Latino vote for the last Presidential election was significant because the "Hopey Changey" guy lead people to believe that a vote for Mr. McCain and Ms. Palin was a vote for George Bush.

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  31

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.