Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Long Range Boats From San Diego Fishing Baja Sur Pacific Coast
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 01:03 PM

Bill..I found some in my laptop photos..not this year, but close enough.
Looks like June of 2010.

Of course, there are side benefits to the marina views and tackle. Great seafood eatery close by at Pt. Loma Seafoods. Eat in a scenic setting, try not to feed the seals, sea lions, gulls...and DO feed any hungry-looking senoritas.

Hey..anybody want half a sammy and a couple sushi rolls?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 01:17 PM

my favorite place
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bill erhardt
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
Great pic's Bill. I just returned from an 8 day on the American Angler. No big tuna this trip and only 2 hoos but great yellowtail fishing with a handful of 30-40# YFT and 64 BFT. Yes, BFT on the Ridge in Oct. Who would have thought.

Alan.....The photo above of the American Angler hoisting anchor at the 23s was taken Monday of last week, October 24. You may have been aboard? Do you see yourself lounging on the deck with coffee? If you were on that trip you may have seen Soledad circling around your boat before the AA moved off the high spot looking for hoos as I was.
No, I was there on the Monday before. I would have seen the Soledad because given the time of year and the area I was in, I was definitely looking for you! We got back to San Diego early on the 20th and a friend drove me to the border so I could catch a Volaris flight to La Paz.

In Memory of E-57
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 06:01 PM

hey Bill, next time you see the RR tell Capt Andy that Woody said hi. we were high school buddies.

bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Great pic's Bill. I just returned from an 8 day on the American Angler. No big tuna this trip and only 2 hoos but great yellowtail fishing with a handful of 30-40# YFT and 64 BFT. Yes, BFT on the Ridge in Oct. Who would have thought.

Alan.....The photo above of the American Angler hoisting anchor at the 23s was taken Monday of last week, October 24. You may have been aboard? Do you see yourself lounging on the deck with coffee? If you were on that trip you may have seen Soledad circling around your boat before the AA moved off the high spot looking for hoos as I was.
No, I was there on the Monday before. I would have seen the Soledad because given the time of year and the area I was in, I was definitely looking for you! We got back to San Diego early on the 20th and a friend drove me to the border so I could catch a Volaris flight to La Paz.

You probably know this, but the Vagabond and the Success are operating out of San Carlos. You can book a trip, climb aboard in Mag Bay, and be fishing the Ridge the next day, if you want to avoid the trip up and down the coast.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2011 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
You probably know this, but the Vagabond and the Success are operating out of San Carlos. You can book a trip, climb aboard in Mag Bay, and be fishing the Ridge the next day, if you want to avoid the trip up and down the coast.
No I didn't. What a great idea! The two day run to get to the Ridge is a pain and San Carlos is closer to my place in La Paz than San Diego is from my home in the states. I'll do a search for their websites.

In Memory of E-57
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.