Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Our Winter trip
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2012 at 09:19 AM

M Humphreyville writes in the "Shadow of the Volcano" that the bigmouth bastard was one of their favorite fish to eat when they camped at BOLA. So perhaps we should have tried one.

SF and H, That cactus did very little to the tire. The spines are narrow and collapse under the weight of a vehicle. But they are nasty. They must have had barbs at the tips because as much as I tried, they "wouldn't let go". But I know what you mean about spines penetrating steel belted tires. I once drove over a cardon and they must've pulled 50 spines out of the tire at GN. From there we drove to Guatemala and 3 months later they pulled out more back home in HMB. Some were unnoticed in the rubber and the driving forced them further in.
stimbo
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2012 at 08:01 PM

Nice trip report Igor. Call me the next time you make it over to the east side. Let's go wet a line. Jim
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2012 at 12:22 AM

Great great pics! Looks like a fantastic time. My friend and I have caught a few of the 'bastards but he thought they looked so disgusting there was not a chance he was going to eat them. I could be wrong, but I think when we fished with Igor out of L.A. Bay he said that those fish were his father's favorite to eat.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 1-31-2012 at 08:21 AM

Looks like a fun time! How do you like the pop-up on the Toyota? Is that a 5-foot bed? Wondering how much room you have inside the camper as we are considering one of those.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2012 at 12:12 AM

It's cramped in there, Mexitron. The top has to be up if 2 people are going to be back there.

Much of the luggage is transported in the back seat of the cab.

Weighs 590lb and goes anywhere.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Islandbuilder
Very nice! Nice set-up you have, simple, yet all you need. Very cool.

Indeed! Have all the needs and camp anywhere where at will.

Thanks for posting these GREAT shots

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 09:19 AM

fun stuff!

ursidae69
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2012 at 02:31 PM

Nice trip, too bad we didn't get to meet up for a beer being just a few miles away. Next time.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2012 at 06:33 PM

now I can comment on others' trips !! ours in finally ended ... those are gorgeous photos - you are lucky to have a spot where you are there by yourselves ....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-4-2012 at 06:49 PM

Nice trip and photos! Makes me wish I had my old pickup camper back!! Hey..that gives me an idea...

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.