David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Shari and Juan make Bahia Asuncion a pleasure to visit, even if you are not into fishing! Thanks to Shari for letting us all know about her little village, just a few years ago, here on Baja Nomad!

No thanks to the subject of this thread?

I can only relate to what I experienced, and since Ed and Jean were not yet in Asuncion when I was there almost 5 years ago, how could I provide anything about their B&B? It looks terrific on the web site for it!

Rob and Fran did a great job, so why do I need to say anything more then they did?

I was prompted to reply by tiotomasbcs... Asuncion is a nice town EVEN without fishing!

Stop reading negative into everything...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 06:36 AM

Should have known better. Ni modo. Welcome to the board, Amigos. Lots of interesting info re Baja California. Now I'm moving over to the corner of the sandbox to contemplate. Tio

[Edited on 5-9-2012 by tiotomasbcs]
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 07:33 AM

Hey Woody, If you and DK were not only fat but bald as well you could put your heads together and make an a$$ out of yourselves!

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
tipper

Mood: Clicking along happily

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 07:46 AM

Rob and Fran. What a pleasure to have you in Bahia Asuncion. And yes, Shari, it's so nice to have new folks visit and love it. All that is good for the town. I know Rob paddle boarded and checked out places to kite board. How exciting, something new to promote and do. There is room for friendships and growth and sharing. That's what life is all about.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 07:52 AM

you got that right tipper! ONe of our guests really loved paddling his board out into the canal between the point here and Asuncion Island when the whale parade was passing by! It's a fun place to paddleboard for sure.

What's good for the town is good for all!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
you got that right tipper! ONe of our guests really loved paddling his board out into the canal between the point here and Asuncion Island when the whale parade was passing by! It's a fun place to paddleboard for sure.

What's good for the town is good for all!

Yes, things that are good for the town are good for everyone in the town ---

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 08:17 AM

What's good for the goose is good for the gander (American expression).
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 08:29 AM
Bicho

Now Bicho, every time you have come out from under your bridge it has only been for one purpose and I have never responded to you -- the feeding of trolls is bad practice. But it is quite old ---

Quote:
Originally posted by Bicho
Well...well Diana T Is the nasty bug coming back? Last few references to David K and now working up to yet another overkill concerning Ed and Jean who are truly nice people...and who probably don't need your help to promote their business in Bahia Asuncion and most likely will do better without it.

Where did I respond to DavidK's comment? It didn't happen.

Yes, they are perfectly capable people and the fact that you say you know them is quite interesting, quite interesting and revealing.

Overkill? Agreed with the original poster, made the web page a link,
and then answered some questions about the area that someone else asked. But you certainly have the right to see that as overkill.

Quote:

How long before you are into another full fledged attack on Shari and her family?

And that has happened? Please go back and find the threads or posts where that has happened? And it won't happen as there is no reason for me to do so. Guess you would like to think that it has happened.

Quote:

We are all adults capable of forming our own opinions based on what we experience.

I fully agree with that and often say the same thing. So now, please crawl back under your bridge --- your pattern is growing very old.

[Edited on 5-9-2012 by DianaT]

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Shari and Juan make Bahia Asuncion a pleasure to visit, even if you are not into fishing! Thanks to Shari for letting us all know about her little village, just a few years ago, here on Baja Nomad!

I can only relate to what I experienced, and since Ed and Jean were not yet in Asuncion when I was there almost 5 years ago, how could I provide anything about their B&B? It looks terrific on the web site for it!

Rob and Fran did a great job, so why do I need to say anything more then they did?

I was prompted to reply by tiotomasbcs... Asuncion is a nice town EVEN without fishing!

I agree with rts551 on this one, David.

This thread is about www.bahiaasuncionbb.com. Writing a post promoting their competitor was done in pretty bad taste.

Not a bigee. But not good judgment in my opinion.

P.S. Don't bother arguing with me with justifications. I won't answer.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with rts551 on this one, David.

This thread is about www.bahiaasuncionbb.com. Writing a post promoting their competitor was done in pretty bad taste.

Not a bigee. But not good judgment in my opinion.

P.S. Don't bother arguing with me with justifications. I won't answer.

Why do people assume they are competitors? Seems to me like they might cater to different clientele and thus are not in competition. In fact, maybe they can help one another by promoting overall tourism to the village.

And why do certain people always have to take sides? It really gets old and makes me want to ralph.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 12:52 PM

Bajaboy, Go ahead! ralph!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 01:11 PM

That's OK. Threads like bring the hens out of the woodwork, and as usual with nothing intelligent to say.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

Seems to me like they might cater to different clientele and thus are not in competition. In fact, maybe they can help one another by promoting overall tourism to the village.

Scarcity versus abundance mindset.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Habits_of_Highly_Effe...

[Edited on 5-9-2012 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 03:55 PM

I think the abundancy principle (more the merrier) is working well in Bahia Asuncion. I foresee a B &B cooperativa in the future :). As in everything economic, there is a tipping point but for now I think everyone is benefiting from ...dare I say it...what Shari and Juan started.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

Seems to me like they might cater to different clientele and thus are not in competition. In fact, maybe they can help one another by promoting overall tourism to the village.

Scarcity versus abundance mindset.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Habits_of_Highly_Effe...

[Edited on 5-9-2012 by BajaNomad]

Doug,

I think Covey is referring to a mindset of dealing with interpersonal relations. That is if someone else wins or is successful in a situation, that means you lose. That is, the dynamics of people making their point. But I don't think it was meant for the world of business.

Otherwise, according to Covey, all the Rockerfellers and Trumps of the world have inferiority complexes.
BajaDixon
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 07:12 PM

Damn- lots of static on this thread.

How far from Bahia Ascunsion to Mallarimo? Can you stay pretty close to the water? I also heard there was an abalone canning facility up north. Is that true? We will be traveling on either atv's or utv's

Diana-I'm trying to get your sister Rose involved in a trip down there but I haven't heard back from her. Not sure what's up with her.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by boe4fun
Hey Woody, If you and DK were not only fat but bald as well you could put your heads together and make an a$$ out of yourselves!

if you weren't my favorite tuna lip stretcher i might take exception. but everyone knows me and DK would never get that close to one another. something about the peninsular divide......:light:

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDixon

How far from Bahia Ascunsion to Mallarimo? Can you stay pretty close to the water? I also heard there was an abalone canning facility up north. Is that true? We will be traveling on either atv's or utv's

Diana-I'm trying to get your sister Rose involved in a trip down there but I haven't heard back from her. Not sure what's up with her.

Hi Bob,
Miles to Malarimo from BA, I don't know, but I do know that there are a couple of different ways to get there. You can take the dirt road from Asuncion to San Jose del Castro and the Tortugas road and then there are roads that lead out to that beach---roads about which we have heard lots of stories! And the stories of the quick sand and lost vehicles are many. You can also, I believe, reach that beach from Tortugas along the coast ---- we have not been there, but may get there yet. I suggest you do a search here as there are people here who have been there. But Malarimo might also bring up lots of threads about the restaurant of the same name in Guerrero Negro. So, you might also ask in a new thread.

My sister is not always very good about checking e-mail when she is in the states. I need to call her and I will tell her to check her e-mail.

I do hope you all make it to our area when we are there. Again, I encourage August just because of the fiesta which is such fun.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 07:40 PM

Gee, I would have just loved some photo's.... :):)

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2012 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDixon

Yes you can take the coast. don't remember the miles but it was between 4-5 gallons in my quad to go from Tortugas up the coast to Malarrimo, out to the dirt hwy and back to Tortugas.. nice trip that you should take. the loop was probably around 100 miles...but I would check it on the map because I don't want you to get stuck out there without gas!!!

The road up the coast is sandy

[img][/img]
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.