Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 09:41 PM

downtown. thats where I drew some blood.:cool:
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
animals don't belong in hotels...period....if you disagree then I hope you don't mind if my horse was in your room the night before:spingrin:

Not all horses are the same -- maybe they are. I know all dogs aren't the same. Or all dog owners.

If your horse was clean, didn't smell or shed hair, was quiet and trained, I'd have no problem with your horse.

But I certainly understand people thinking animals don't belong in hotels.

I'd like to think my hotel bed didn't have dogs sleeping in it. I guess some dog owners would think that's OK. I'd have a problem with that.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 09:42 AM

Zac - you are too phunnie!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
mes1952
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 11:46 AM

I live in a large pet-friendly property in Playas Rosarito and I must say that the majority of petowners who have unruly pets and don't pick up after them are the Mexicans rather than the Americans who are accustomed to living with pets in the U.S.
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mes1952
I live in a large pet-friendly property in Playas Rosarito and I must say that the majority of petowners who have unruly pets and don't pick up after them are the Mexicans rather than the Americans who are accustomed to living with pets in the U.S.

I tire of hearing from newcomer's or guest . I really enjoy being in Baja Where My Pet Can Run Free.:?::?::fire::fire:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 12:13 PM

Why be so rude? Sounds like he is just expressing his findings, as have others here. No need to pick on noobs. Camping is great for pet owners, but who at a front desk can gauge how clean or flea free a dog is when a pet owner checks in at a motel?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Why be so rude? Sounds like he is just expressing his findings, as have others here. No need to pick on noobs. Camping is great for pet owners, but who at a front desk can gauge how clean or flea free a dog is when a pet owner checks in at a motel?

In your informed opinion do you tkink it's ok for people to let thier pets run loose and disrespect other's property.Or is that being RUDE.:?::?:

[Edited on 8-12-2012 by J.P.]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 12:36 PM

No, not at all okay... Pet owners can be as rude as non-pet owners.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
No, not at all okay... Pet owners can be as rude as non-pet owners.

Thats the truth, we have two dogs I love both of them but I dont expect others to feel the same way When we travel and thats often we usually travel in our rv or pay for them to be boarded I will not force my pets on someone that doesnt feel the same way I do about them.:yes::yes:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 01:12 PM

Good on you! I am a former big dog owner, and now the happy owner of two cats... They are house cats, but will never be motel cats.

Tbone
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 06:45 AM

Cielito Lindo is a great place if you want to be alone. I went by there the end of June and there wasn't anyone there, not 1 person. Ended up at the old Mill & Don Eddies, good time.

Mas Pacifico
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tbone
Cielito Lindo is a great place if you want to be alone. I went by there the end of June and there wasn't anyone there, not 1 person. Ended up at the old Mill & Don Eddies, good time.

did you see any dogs?? :?::?::?:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 07:23 AM

to pet or not to pet is an important issue with people who offer accommodations....I'd guess that probably more than half our visitors have dogs...at least one and many bring two. In this poor economy, it's tough to turn away clients for any reason but most dont want to pay any extra for their pet even though cleaning a room or house after dogs have stayed there takes double the time and effort and it's really really hard to get every hair out of everything and yes...many... if not most people allow their dogs on the furniture....including the bed. I like it when folks bring their own dog beds!

I have "doggie sheets" and ask renters to please use them on the furniture.
We have kept some of our accommodation options pet free for those who are allergic or dont want a room where dogs have slept.

Some of our guests have sweet little non shedding dogs and some have slobbery big dogs who shed like crazy....ni modo...but I think it would be lovely if people OFFERED to pay a little extra to the cleaning lady.:light:

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Sprocket
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 10:21 AM

We never have a problem getting a room. She kennel trained and loves to travel. A bonus of traveling Baja with her is we never spend more than 30sec at the military inspections.

Tbone
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
Quote:
Originally posted by Tbone

did you see any dogs?? :?::?::?:

Not a one.

Mas Pacifico
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 10:40 AM

Beautiful dobie Sprocket!
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprocket
We never have a problem getting a room. She kennel trained and loves to travel. A bonus of traveling Baja with her is we never spend more than 30sec at the military inspections.

I guess you wouldnt spend much time,, what a beatuiful dog
and I like the fact she is kennel trained, now that makes so much more since when traveling with pets
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 11:19 AM

After spending all day long frolicking on the beach....

My boss's thought they could leave me alone in a hotel room for 15 mintues....

I still had way too much energy as a baja puppy. I'm a good boy now :saint:
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.