Author: Subject: GASOLINERA (1) Image Worth 10,000 Words
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 8-15-2012 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
I know there are some Texaco, Mobil, etc in Calif
but not many
This deal really ties up the market for those two brands.

TEXACO is history and now its EXON / MOBIL.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-15-2012 at 02:35 PM

Texaco has disappeared from Southern California (at least all the Texacos around here have changed) and Exxon is rare. Arco, 76, Chevron, Shell, Mobil seem to be the main ones down here. The cheapest gas other than independents are Arco and Costco, but both have so much ethylene that mileage suffers, making buying other brands cheaper in the long run.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Texaco has disappeared from Southern California (at least all the Texacos around here have changed) and Exxon is rare. Arco, 76, Chevron, Shell, Mobil seem to be the main ones down here. The cheapest gas other than independents are Arco and Costco, but both have so much ethylene that mileage suffers, making buying other brands cheaper in the long run.

Texaco was absorbed buy Shell. about 10 years and ceased to exist as a brand name in the U.S.

[Edited on 8-16-2012 by J.P.]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 07:57 AM
Tesoro buys BP-ARCO gasoline operations

BP is selling its Carson refinery, inventory and its marketing agreements with 800 dealer-operated Arco gas stations in California, Arizona and Nevada to Texas-based Tesoro Corp. for $2.5 billion, the two companies announced Monday.

http://tinyurl.com/9878jg6

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 07:58 AM

J.P.: That would be ChevronTexaco. Chevron has branded a few stations in SoCal Texaco recently, but they're few and far between.

J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
J.P.: That would be ChevronTexaco. Chevron has branded a few stations in SoCal Texaco recently, but they're few and far between.

I have family that were Employed by Texaco in Sour Lake Tex. where Texaco well #1 was drilled They were laid off in 2001 and retieememt benifits were cashed out In Sour lake there was a big Texaco complex where only weeds grow now.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 06:28 PM

"David go back and re-read the thread..."

OK, I admit it, I'm confused. The link below when I read it was updated 25 minutes before. But there are no Shell stations right?

http://www.californiagasprices.com/Shell_Gas_Stations/index....

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 06:34 PM

I think there was another thread yesterday regarding gasoline pumps under dispensing. I took some photos of some Orange County Weights and Measures reports yesterday to post but got home too late to do so.......every inspection found no discrepancy, although one report was in the favor of the customer!!!! Find that station and fill up!! Not always like that, and who knows about Mexico, but I thought it was funny. I'll find that thread and post when I get time.

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 06:45 PM

NERD FOOD :)

http://www.grupoenergeticos.com/index-2.html

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 8-16-2012 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
"David go back and re-read the thread..."

OK, I admit it, I'm confused. The link below when I read it was updated 25 minutes before. But there are no Shell stations right?

http://www.californiagasprices.com/Shell_Gas_Stations/index....

J.P. is correct. Most Texaco staions in (southern?) California became Sheel statins There are now 2 Sheel stations within a block of each other in Escondido and one of those used to be a Texaco.

Bob Durrell
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.