Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: why do Mexicans.....
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 10:04 AM

I once camped at Salsipuedes to the sound of Banda blasting till 8AM. Very hard to sleep. The wife finally screamed in Spanish and they turned it down a bit. How do you party till 8AM unless there's amphetamines involved?

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 10:10 AM

Answer: They don't have to work early in the morning!!!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 10:43 AM

where are you Zac? in BA or at your home in CA??

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
THE Mexican individual is the center of his universe and all else is on the outside and of little to no importance.

You might be on to something here. Like my friend who doesn't hear his kids playing and screaming feet from him, maybe Mexicans don't hear blaring music. It might not even register to them.

Could this be?

So, being the center of one's universe would be considered narsisistic NOB but not SOB?

Never thought of that.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
where are you Zac? in BA or at your home in CA??

Mike, we're at our place in BA....we had a good time at the carnival although I think I lost some of my hearing.

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 04:58 PM
Why can't they be ...... well, like me

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 05:14 PM

Counterattack!

Back home I have a 600 watt amplifier, A Kilpsch 12" subwoofer, and a pair of Altec Lansing Voice of The Theater midrange horns. I can shove them all by the sliding glass door. At 0900, comes Bob Dylan's Mr. Tambourine Man. followed by Nervous Norvous Ape Call, then a 17 minute audio clip from Miami Vice, Jan Hammer's piece, chanted by Don Johnson, replete with Ricardo Tubb's screaming "Look out Sonny they're behind you!" and machine gun fire.

Yeah, I did it after enduring a whole night of Corridos and endless "Fine Fine Fine Very Good Very Good Very Gooooooood". Oscar, my tone deaf neighbor wobbled up at ten AM bleeding to death from his eye sockets. He started to curse but I thrust a bottle of Venado tequila at him and urged "¡Andele!" He took a slug. Fool. I had laced the almost tequila with lots and lots of aguardiente. If he had been successful lighting his Marlboro, the bottle would have most certainly caught fire.

His muttered curses changed to "amigos (hiccup)" And eleven something his equally near-death brother in law came to fetch him. They both stumbled down the driveway at noon, vapors surrounding them.

Luis the dueño of the village tienda told me a few days later "Oscar and Jaime say you, the gringo have very strange taste in music but you are one good amable host"

Go figure.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 07:25 PM

A friend was being treated of something in a TJ hospital. Neighbors liked to party till 4AM. Friend said "I`m fine with that. That is the sound of life". At the time, this person had about 8 months of life left. Why do they do it? I guess just to burn out early, like a burned out acid queen!!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 07:28 PM
Ha Ha

Yes, they don't like American Music, especially LOUD American music...good writing David and entertaining..got a good visualization of the morning events!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Counterattack!

Back home I have a 600 watt amplifier, A Kilpsch 12" subwoofer, and a pair of Altec Lansing Voice of The Theater midrange horns. I can shove them all by the sliding glass door. At 0900, comes Bob Dylan's Mr. Tambourine Man. followed by Nervous Norvous Ape Call, then a 17 minute audio clip from Miami Vice, Jan Hammer's piece, chanted by Don Johnson, replete with Ricardo Tubb's screaming "Look out Sonny they're behind you!" and machine gun fire.

Yeah, I did it after enduring a whole night of Corridos and endless "Fine Fine Fine Very Good Very Good Very Gooooooood". Oscar, my tone deaf neighbor wobbled up at ten AM bleeding to death from his eye sockets. He started to curse but I thrust a bottle of Venado tequila at him and urged "¡Andele!" He took a slug. Fool. I had laced the almost tequila with lots and lots of aguardiente. If he had been successful lighting his Marlboro, the bottle would have most certainly caught fire.

His muttered curses changed to "amigos (hiccup)" And eleven something his equally near-death brother in law came to fetch him. They both stumbled down the driveway at noon, vapors surrounding them.

Luis the dueño of the village tienda told me a few days later "Oscar and Jaime say you, the gringo have very strange taste in music but you are one good amable host"

Go figure.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 07:40 PM
ENS DOC !!

HOLA,,, I have found that lot mex's like CCR and ROY !! and my self (audiophile) with my pIoneer SX1250 & SX1050 to some of my JBL"S like it LOUD sometimes..But loud dosnt sound like cr-p like I hear often in SOB.. BUT THATS PART OF THE BALLGAME.....NO ??...ANY SYSTEM TURNED UP TO THE POINT OF "CLIPPING" SOUNDS BAD !! K&T:cool:
surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 07:43 PM

Funny didn't hear a thing last night at my place....

Sometimes I wonder that the real question is why do alot of you live or travel in Baja ????

Somethings I guess are best left not understood.....
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 8-18-2012 at 07:45 PM
SURF DOC

UMM..ITS MY WINTER HOME AND A BIG PART OF MY LIFE!!!! PS..I LOVE IT !!!
ballzcowboy

[*] posted on 8-19-2012 at 11:12 AM

Bajaboy I would have to wonder why you would try to sit on a front porch located near a stage. What is your part in all this? For me when standing in the rain I expect to get wet. Go figure.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2012 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ballzcowboy
Bajaboy I would have to wonder why you would try to sit on a front porch located near a stage. What is your part in all this? For me when standing in the rain I expect to get wet. Go figure.

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

The end is near....repent, you fraud.
surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2012 at 11:50 AM

Last night was awsome....

Let the pups out at 0345 and the second band was cranking... VERY good, full horn section and good female vocalist.
I stood out there dancing in my boxers for a half hour, Glad my neighbors were asleep or at the dance.......

:D
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 8-19-2012 at 02:10 PM
Be loud and be proud...

I love it loud especially if its good old American music...rock, pop or reggaeton...but after 10 at night I realize others need to get their sleep like I do!!
Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
HOLA,,, I have found that lot mex's like CCR and ROY !! and my self (audiophile) with my pIoneer SX1250 & SX1050 to some of my JBL"S like it LOUD sometimes..But loud dosnt sound like cr-p like I hear often in SOB.. BUT THATS PART OF THE BALLGAME.....NO ??...ANY SYSTEM TURNED UP TO THE POINT OF "CLIPPING" SOUNDS BAD !! K&T:cool:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 8-19-2012 at 02:13 PM
Living in Baja...

There are always things you love and hate about a place you choose to live in...right now the humidity in Hawaii is pretty suffocating..and its only 11 am..but its part of the whole experience!! Trick is get up super early to do your walking and shopping and avoid the noon hour till around 5 pm...it does cool down in the evening however with a nice breeze..
Quote:
Originally posted by surfdoc
Funny didn't hear a thing last night at my place....

Sometimes I wonder that the real question is why do alot of you live or travel in Baja ????

Somethings I guess are best left not understood.....
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2012 at 02:29 PM

Just like the question about the trash. If you grow up and everyone plays loud music and you play it all night, you come to think that is the way to enjoy music. It is loud in the cars, it is loud in the houses, it is, for sure, loud in the band performances.
We, born and raised North of the Border, were raised on a strict diet of "Turn the Music Down", can't you see I am reading, watching TV, talking to my friends, or whatever, but we went through a very different training.

But, never fear, we will Americanize these guys if it kills us. Turn your music down, stop playing at a decent hour, and for sure pick up your trash when you are done.

And I wanted to come here .............................., Why?

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 8-19-2012 at 02:40 PM
Not loud, but...

I find it interesting that the first thing my gardner does when he comes to my house, or any of the neighbors, is to drag out a 100 foot extension cord and plug in his boom box to entertain his self while he does he chores. Fortunately it's not so loud that it bothers us in the house and he always tunes it to American music (the Walrus) that's broadcast out of Rosarito.

Bob Durrell
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.