Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: Surfdoc
bajafam
Senior Nomad

Mood: DLTBGYD

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 03:59 PM

this sucks. He was at his happiest when we saw him less than 20 days ago.
I was so glad that he was finding love and just enjoying his life. I will miss him. I already do.

Check out our travel blog @
http://thefamvangurp.blogspot.com

Scentsy!! Because real life is smelly. https://itsamightysmellyworld.scentsy.us

Check out my latest article ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-eyeliner/

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
GC
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 04:00 PM

There are few people who loved to fish more than Stan. It did not matter if he was out in his own boat, someone else's boat, surf fishing, helping Juan clean fish, or just talking about fishing, it seemed to be the center of his life. I last saw him in June and he was a happy guy. He will be missed.
Daveylikesit

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 04:17 PM

this sucks
Met Stan 2 years ago in Asuncion. He showed us how to crack and cook Lobster. He also pulled our M/H out when I got stuck.Why does it have to happen to all the good people. Our condolences to his family and all his friends.
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 04:17 PM

He always had a smile on his face.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 04:33 PM

They told me when my son's father passed away in '75 - "he takes the best and leaves all us old rotten ones."

Sympathies to family and friends.

edit: spelling

[Edited on 10-24-2012 by Mula]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 04:36 PM

:saint::saint::saint:RIP Amigo:saint::saint::saint:

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 05:08 PM

So so sorry to hear this news. I just spoke with Stan this past Monday. I was going to bring down an outboard motor for him - and possibly pick up a differential for his truck at one of the Yonke yards when I bring down my son in law in November. RIP bro - we had some great times fishing, filleting, and swaping fishing stories/lies.
bigboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 05:13 PM

Sad news! I just saw Stan last month in Bahia Asuncion. Met his new lady as well. He seemed so happy living his dream in Baja!
AlanDow
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 05:16 PM

I think a lot of us who only get to occasionally visit Baja, and or long to live or retire there, saw a bit of ourselves in Stan - who appeared to be living that dream. I really enjoyed the couple of times I bumped in to Stan in Asuncion - after spending just a little time with Stan (while downing a few Tecates) I saw and appreciated how much he loved Baja, helping people, and FISHING. In fact I had just emailed Stan just a few weeks ago to say I was headed down to Asuncion in early November and would he be willing to do a little surf fishing with me - show me some of his favored spots and techniques (I was going to supply the Tecate) I doubt if I need to tell anyone what Stan’s response was. RIP Stan.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 07:13 PM

RIP Stan. There are not enough words to express the sadness in my heart. Although I only knew him from 2 visits to BA he was kind enough to offer friendship and was willilng to help my boys in their first adventure with big fish. They, and me, will remember him with a smile.

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 07:42 PM

I am so sad, so very sad...what a good man....what an alive man...what a life....lived his dream....now gone...tears good friend....tears. Sad to see you go and I know how much of a hole he will leave in that lovely place that became his home. I had the privilege of getting to know Stan very well and I admired his passion for life, the generosity of his heart and the love he felt for his children and novia. There are no more word....just tears.....goodbye good friend. I am glad you had the time you had with us amigo, very glad. We are all richer from having known you. Your life reminds us all to seize our dreams, we are visitors here, and for some the going is too soon, too soon.

Iflyfish
Susana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 08:54 PM

We will miss Stan so much. Had such fun with him when we would camp in Asuncion. Such a friendly, outgoing, nice guy.
I am shocked and saddened by this news.
rdrrm8e
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 08:57 PM

I spoke with Shari and Stan will have his family with him by Friday.

He is in good hands
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 08:59 PM

We just got home from a very very long sad tearful day seeing Stanibuns off to the great fishing grounds beyond. He did not suffer and his passage was very quick...Juan accompanied him over the potholes to where he will get his final makeover and will chill for a couple days until his family and friends arrive for his funeral...they are just finishing up the autopsy now in Vizcaino.

Stan, I am proud to call you brother and friend. You are so very loved here and everywhere and have touched & helped so many people. You made a difference on alot of lives and will be sadly missed but never forgotten amigo.

thanks to those of you who held vigil with us today around the ambulance.

We are organizing a velorio here in Asuncion on Friday and will be with Stan all night and have a funeral Saturday morning, a procession to our panteon where Stan will rest overlooking the beach he so dearly loved to haul fish out of....followed by a celebration that night of Stan's life. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to come if you are in the area.

WE love you man....que le viaje my bien amigo...teach the angels to fish!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 09:15 PM

DEP senhor Stan -glad I got to meet you. May your days be filled with fishing.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 09:24 PM

We are very sorry. Our condolences to everyone who had the good fortune of being his friend and family. He sounds like he was a wonderful human being. DEP Stan.

Paulina y Dern

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
standingwave
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 10:05 PM

Vaya con dios, Stan

\"I could not help concluding this man had the most supreme pleasure while he was driven so fast and so smoothly by the sea.\"
James Cook
Wanderglobe
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2012 at 10:35 PM

Very sad news. Michael and I would hang out with Stan while he was doing laundry down at Campo Sirena. Great guy. Big heart, big smile and two adorable dogs that went everywhere with him. He will be missed. I wish I could be there for the services.

Condolences to his family and friends.

MikeYounghusband
Nomad

Mood: Always ready for more

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 04:54 AM

I will never forget all our good times fishing buddy. Wish I could have seen you just one more time to celebrate our weekend in Vizciano, What an adventure.
I'm really going to miss you.

[Edited on 10-24-2012 by MikeYounghusband]
zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 05:40 AM

Once again, Shari has given above and beyond, and Juan has been a godsend in smoothing the many bumps in taking care of our friend Stan and his loved ones. It's been a time of coming together and cherishing those who are dear.

\"You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair.\"
Swedish proverb
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.