BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Karma Deposit
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 11:29 AM

¡Two Ears And A Tail! I have great hope for his survival and 100% recovery. One thing you can bet on. He will never forget the act of humanity you performed and who knows how many folks he will champion you are your efforts to.

¡BRAVO!

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 12:02 PM

Zac - echo the others comments ...

... here is something I do my best to "be and say" at least once per day "Kindness is contagious - pass it on"

You are an angel on earth ..

... good thoughts and prayers to Hector for a full recovery.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 12:19 PM

I believe in paying it forward. I needed help this trip, fortunately only my truck was bleeding! I got back the same attitude I've always tried to carry. Even the guy who charged me 600 pesos to damage my truck was smiling in the end! (I assume) Best wishes to the damaged rider.
I trust that Zak does not believe himself exceptional, it is just the way that conscious people operate in a world where many people simply ignore unpleasantness.

Good on ya' brother.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 02:18 PM

The world needs more like you, and the way you are raising your kids is going to create two more! Keep it up, you're appreciated!!!

John

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2013 at 06:52 PM

I finally got word about Hector. His brother picked him up from the hospital in San Felipe late Friday/early Saturday morning and took him back to TJ. A plastic surgeon immediately started working on his face. I guess some broken bones and major cuts. He also had some damaged or broken vertebrae. But it sounds like he is going to recover. He was very gracious.

Zac

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-25-2013 at 06:57 PM

let us know how Hector progresses.

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 3-25-2013 at 10:28 PM

Good Job Bajaboy, had a similar incident last year by Ruben's Dos Palms and come to find out the guy who's Suv got hit and flipped several times we helped with the police and making sure he got back to his place we learned he was a brother of another man we had met in Las Gaviotas and that lived there. We got a message to the brother and he came down to check on his brother and my wife with her Spanish made sure the Feds knew he was the victim not the bad driver. This bad driver who had no license and it was not even his car so his running a stop sign was totally his fault. My wife took pictures before the Feds got there and got his insurance stuff together from the Suv as he was totally out of it for a while. We sent the pictures to his brother so they would have it for the insurance and the Feds eased up when they saw he had insurance and that others were watching out for the victim.

Hopefully, people will get more courage to stop and see if they can be of some help in accidents, as just thinking the guy behind will stop is just that a "What If" that rarely happens. Again, great you stepped up to help and I am sure Hector will talk about your caring years from now. Take Care & Travel Safe--------"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-26-2013 at 11:51 AM

It is so important to help those at such times....

Karma is often misunderstood, but here is some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma_in_Hinduism

http://www.shaivam.org/hipkarma.htm

Some folks of a different religious persuasion might not accept these notions, but also might have their own belief structure that can allow them to appreciate and respect the concept :saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.