Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: How Surfers Protect Their Special Places
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 07:43 AM

Go Pro Cameras are taking over the world!!
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 07:51 AM

yep. internet, gps and go pro cameras are making it too easy for the masses and ruining it for those who did the work prior to all this chit.

btw, i use to date the cousin of the guy that wrote the don juan series.i won't tell you what she told me about it...
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 08:34 AM

How Surfers Protect Their Special Places?
If they told you how then it wouldn't be a secret. I think it would be better to let everyone know as in MAVERICS at half Moon Bay.

Bob Durrell
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pappy
yep. internet, gps and go pro cameras are making it too easy for the masses and ruining it for those who did the work prior to all this chit.

btw, i use to date the cousin of the guy that wrote the don juan series.i won't tell you what she told me about it...

That it was all fake???? Yep.............

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
we all traveled with Don Juan Matus in the early 70's. its good to know carlos was still relevant (at least for some) into the 90's. :yes:

Yep, I think I read 'em all.....twice!!!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 08:49 AM

reality is all relative brother...one persons reality is another's dream....and visa versa

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 08:50 AM

My favorite secret spot of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_jzzPXV-z8

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 01:00 PM

Awwwww damn!

All the old farts have worn-out the water. The waves just cannot get-it-up any more. Like someone driving 500 miles to ski in paradise only to find a single ski track already there going down the slope that cut virgin snow.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 05:57 PM

San Juanico was being surfed in1972 by a friend of mine, there are no secret spots in Baja since the early 70's so what
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 06:13 PM

if I can stray for a moment, the billabong XXL wipeout awards, here's the nominee's. (these aren't your father's wipeouts)!:o

http://www.grindtv.com/action-sports/surf/post/five-vicious-...
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
San Juanico was being surfed in1972 by a friend of mine, there are no secret spots in Baja since the early 70's so what

you ARE wrong. i personally know of at least 10 spots you have no clue exist-and i'm just one guy. sure, there were guys before me and there will be guys after me, but i guarantee you will never know these 10 secrets. ENTIENDE?:?:

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 09:21 PM

Woody, All the secret have been discovered, there are no secret spots. Ask me over a campfire I'll give no special beta. All the good spots are gone.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 09:46 PM

I would agree that there are no secret spots (in Baja) that haven't been discovered. Every inch has been scoped out, but there are places less crowded!!!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 09:50 PM

and im sure a young mike hynson and bill fury sat around a campfire with saucer sized eyeballs listening to the likes of dale velzy, pete peterson,bob simmons spin yarns of exotic far away secret spots never seen let alone surfed by ....anyone,,,,,,,,:wow:
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2013 at 11:18 PM

It's not just the secret surf spots that are disappearing. Baja is disappearing.

We're witnessing an occurence very similar to the late 19th century north american plains. In 20-30 years the buffalo were all gone and the indian nations were on reservations. And a way of life was forever gone, never to be seen again. Those who were present, like us, were fortunate to have seen it all before the change.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2013 at 04:52 AM

"We're witnessing an occurence very similar to the late 19th century north american plains. In 20-30 years the buffalo were all gone and the indian nations were on reservations. And a way of life was forever gone, never to be seen again. Those who were present, like us, were fortunate to have seen it all before the change. "

Ok...I vote Skipjack Joe the oldest guy on the board! But I'd like to know who the 'like us' are that were present also for the late 19th century? :spingrin:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2013 at 06:06 AM

you haven't yet been reincarnated?

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2013 at 06:11 AM

every inch of baja has been surfed, no doubt. hey Boo Boo, there are still secrets that your average bear with a go pro doesn't know exists....

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2013 at 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi
"We're witnessing an occurence very similar to the late 19th century north american plains. In 20-30 years the buffalo were all gone and the indian nations were on reservations. And a way of life was forever gone, never to be seen again. Those who were present, like us, were fortunate to have seen it all before the change. "

Ok...I vote Skipjack Joe the oldest guy on the board! But I'd like to know who the 'like us' are that were present also for the late 19th century? :spingrin:

Sorry for the confusion.

60 years ago Krutch wrote that baja has remained pretty much unchanged since the first conquistadores came. We were lucky enough to see it in that form.

In that way we are like those who saw the west before it was 'tamed'.

[Edited on 4-13-2013 by Skipjack Joe]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2013 at 10:42 AM

so these really ARE the good ol daze....

:cool:

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.