BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Graham Mackintosh back on the Sierra San Pedro Martir!
Desert Rat
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2013 at 03:30 PM

Graham, I just finished "Nearer My Dog To Thee" and I enjoyed it more the second time around. Now that I have spent a week at the Parque with you and Roger I have a better sense of what you wrote. I also paid more attention to your descriptions of the trails and how you felt as you hiked them, and what you saw along the trails, etc. This time I saw it clearly because I have been there, too. I envy you guys who live close enough to be able to drive to SPM Parque within a few hours from your home. I would visit the Parque at least twice a year.
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 6-30-2013 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Rat
Graham, I just finished "Nearer My Dog To Thee" and I enjoyed it more the second time around. Now that I have spent a week at the Parque with you and Roger I have a better sense of what you wrote. I also paid more attention to your descriptions of the trails and how you felt as you hiked them, and what you saw along the trails, etc. This time I saw it clearly because I have been there, too. I envy you guys who live close enough to be able to drive to SPM Parque within a few hours from your home. I would visit the Parque at least twice a year.

Just remember Ron, you have a place in Ensenada to stay on your way to SPM.
Also, have you returned to you Coke habit??
I'd continue this discussion but I must fined my car keys!!

bacquito
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 7-1-2013 at 10:25 AM

Thanks for all the pics and words, Graham.
Maybe we will come down to Discover Baja to listen to your BS, uh, I mean Words of Wisdom :-).
Neal
Desert Explorers

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2013 at 08:54 AM

Thanks Neal,

It will be a great honor to see you there.

I'd better lay on the BS extra thick so you won't see right through it! :biggrin:

Skipjack... those pretty stinging worms are something. Real common under so many rocks in the intertidal. Touching one is not an experience you'll soon forget. Good chance that's what your son encountered.

astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

[*] posted on 7-2-2013 at 10:56 AM

Hi Graham,

Did you see any of the 2 untagged young condors this time? We often see them at the km 72 Mirador, they seem to like the thermals there a lot during the summer.

Next time send me a PM and I'll give you our gate code, stop by and visit us!

cheers

Mike

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2013 at 11:41 PM

Mike,

Thanks so much for the invite. I'll be in touch if I think I can make it on my next visit to the Martir. It was fascinating to talk to you both and see your great place when I last drove out there.

I may have seen the untagged young condors... they never came down with the four tagged birds I photographed but there were at least two other vulture-like birds flying high with the group....

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2013 at 09:29 AM

Off to the Martir for a couple of weeks with my corgi... seen here last April having a little cooling snow ecstasy.

It won't be snowing this time but looks like there should be some nice rain and hail to cool her paws.

The critters better watch out... Pili's coming.

If I can ever get her out of bed in the morning.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-11-2013 at 04:00 PM
All Okay on the Plateau July 10, 2013

I got a SPOT signal yesterday (7-10-13) from Graham, and he was within a few hundred feet of the location I posted on June 18th, when he was last up there... so here is that map FYI:

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Hi gang,

With some surprise, I got a SPOT OK message two days ago from Graham... Since it was from the same area as last month's messages, I thought it some email error. Well today, I got a second OK message... So I called Bonni, and she confirmed Graham went back down there, but will be returning home Thursday.

Here is his location as of 3:30pm today... looking across the canyon to Diablo Mountain:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 08:21 AM

Just an update, I received a SPOT update from Graham on Sunday (July 21)... same area, and all is OK!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 08:23 PM

Had a wonderful two weeks in the San Pedro Martir. Pili was half way to heaven running free and having the time of her life.

The last few days it was either pouring, had just poured, or was about to. The little corgi wasn't phased by all the thunder and lightning... a couple of times we were caught out on the trail and got soaked but she just seemed to appreciate all that cooling rain.

Pili looking into the depths of Canyon Diablo

Looking into the heart of a fallen pine

Wandering among the rose sage

Crawling under trees

Jumping over them

Trying not to get lost in the mist

And standing triumphantly with master looking across at Picacho Diablo

Then racing back to camp before the storms reach us

And then safely back in the truck to watch the downpour and feel the forest shake

Then out again taking pictures with master... water droplets on a lupine

Yes, it's good to know... in my dog's eyes I am a true hero...

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 11:06 PM

Super great report with wonderful photos! Thanks Graham!!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.