BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Pacifico rated #1 beer in world?
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 04:05 PM

I just think that this makes sense.

Pacifico and Mich Ultra?? and Mich Ultra with Lime???

I think this must have been a pay to play list
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
I just think that this makes sense.

Pacifico and Mich Ultra?? and Mich Ultra with Lime???

I think this must have been a pay to play list

I totally agree. Pacifico may be good, of course, but it ain't world class.
And that other Limey garbage had to buy entry into the evaluation.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 04:33 PM

not a surprise words like crap and bull gettin thrown around. how many of you have actually had the new generation ballantine XXX ale? and lets not forget that awful original tecate :barf: but its really about personal taste right? I say, SCLEMEEL, SCHLEMAZEL, HASENFEFFER INCORPORATED !;)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 05:33 PM

However, there are many times when I prefer Dos Equis!

Oh, but what I will go through to have a Pacifico poolside!

Bob & Susan's Lighthouse Resort, Playa Frambes south of Mulege.
:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 05:36 PM

Uh, where are the comments about draft beer? Most of the majors keg it and it represents to me the best of the best. Like Tecate, Ceverza Cuauhtemóc and other ocotpi, they aren't interested in developing a KORBEL winery like experience. They want to hammer out railroad tankers of syntho-beer.

Mexico is having a golden eruption of micro breweries. In DF, Tijuana, Monterrey, Puebla, Zapopan, on and on. Lagers, ales, pilsners, you name it. But their product is like comparing Starbucks to Noescafe.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 05:38 PM

The stuff I've seen in bottles down here turned me off. Sad to say but drink outta cans now given a choice.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
The stuff I've seen in bottles down here turned me off. Sad to say but drink outta cans now given a choice.

How do you see what is in a can before you drink out of it?

Pacifico comes in cans, too... Once they were blue and looked like a Pepsi can... Last time they were yellow... But, don't see them too often in cans.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 05:55 PM

Baby Boojums prefer Dos Equis, in a can!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
bingo. regardless of the color of the glass, sunlight is what changes the flavor of any beer. microbreweries are keen on this and prefer aluminum packaging. BUT, no self respecting wannabe ol baja rat is gonna pull up in his samurai,wearing tank top, huaraches, bandana, holding a CAN of beer! :lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 06:04 PM

Pacifico tastes best out of a glass, even a plastic glass! :light:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 06:14 PM

Some beer is even in a museum!

El Rosario Community Museum, 2005.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 06:43 PM

Anybody seen the new Bohemia Cerveza de Trigo? Supposedly, it is a seasonal beer for summer. Tastes surprisingly like Blue Moon, down to the coriander after taste. Hard to find, even over here.

Still, my fav Mexican beers are the Chope oscura and the Chope clara. Modelo products. Only been out for 3-4 years. On tap, ONLY!!!! The oscura is less malty that Negra Modelo, which gets rather hard to drink more than a couple at a time. A bit too sweet and very filling. Not a beer to be drinking on a hot, summer day while fishing.

I've had numerous skunk Pacificos over the years, but I do still like the beer when it's fresh. Bottles only; the skunk factor increases dramatically in cans.

But Pacifico in the top ten beers of the world? What a joke!!!

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
My 2 favorite beers here made the top ten.
Negra Modelo and Pacifico, in that order. :yes::yes:

Vandenberg,
I'm with ya, but in the opposite order. Corona Familiar is another Mexican favorite for me. Much better than the regular Corona!!
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 07:16 PM
Compaared to botteled water (in California0

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
My wife and I are not a beer drinkers for the most part, but, since going to Baja for the last 6 years, we would only try an occasional Negra Modelo at Bismarcks on the malecon in La Paz. It's the only beer she will drink on rare occasion.

Then, we tried Pacifico and we haven't turned back since.

One thing that we always do is keep Pacificos (bottles only) in the refrigerator, and then, when we want a beer late in the day, we put two bottles in the freezer for 12 minutes exactly, pop the tops off and drink em down fast.

Just the right blast to the brain. Very refreshing.

In La Paz, you can buy 12 oz bottles of Pacifico at certain Modeloramas for 9 pesos with turn-in of an empty bottle. That's about $.72 USD per bottle at an exchange rate of 12.5. Since Pacificos cost about $1.20 USD in the USA, I only buy Miller Draft in bottles by the case when it's on sale for $13.00 USD for a case of 20 bottles. The point here is that, in my opinion, beer is too expensive. I think it would be a perfect world if decent 12 oz bottles of beer were only $.50 each. You can make good Margaritas for $.50 each.

[Edited on 8-22-2013 by MitchMan]

I'll take a beer every time!

Aquafina Purified Drinking Water 20 oz. $0.95

Aquafina Purified Drinking Water 1 liter $0.99 (Vons Club Member $0.79)
Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water 24 oz. $0.60 (Vons Club Member $0.39)
Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water 1 liter. $0.69
Crystal Geyser Natural Alpine Spring Water 25.3 oz. $0.39 (Buy 4 for $1.00)
Crystal Geyser Natural Alpine Spring Water 1 liter. $0.59
Crystal Geyser Natural Alpine Spring Water 3 liters. $1.84 (6 Pack)
Crystal Geyser Natural Alpine Spring Water 6 liters. $5.99 (12 Pack)
Dannon Natural Spring Water 1 liter $0.59
Dannon Natural Spring Water 3 liters. $1.19 (6 Pack)
Dasani Purified Water 20 oz. $0.89
Dasani Purified Water 1 liter. $1.19
Deja Blue Purified Drinking Water 1 liter. $0.69
Evian Natural Spring Water 1/2 liter. $0.99
Evian Natural Spring Water 1 liter. $0.99
Palomar Mountain Spring Water 3 liters. $1.83 (6 Pack)
Safeway Select Natural Spring Water (Refreshe) 1 liter. $0.59

Bob Durrell
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
It would be interesting to know where they obtained the beer for testing. I find that beer purchased in Mexico vs beer purchased in the US tastes distinctly better.

It is also interesting that Corona which seems to be the US idea of Mexican beer didn't make the top 10.

[Edited on 8-22-2013 by bajaguy]

Fresh beer is always better, try the New Belgium brewery tour....nothing better than a fresh Fat tire:cool:

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 07:23 PM

Pacifico is good, but obviously these beer testers have not been to Germany yet.

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 07:33 PM

I will take the Pacifico, always when in baja! But at home they do not taste the same! So we go Miller lite, at home. just my 2 cent's
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Anybody seen the new Bohemia Cerveza de Trigo? Supposedly, it is a seasonal beer for summer. Tastes surprisingly like Blue Moon, down to the coriander after taste. Hard to find, even over here.

Still, my fav Mexican beers are the Chope oscura and the Chope clara. Modelo products. Only been out for 3-4 years. On tap, ONLY!!!! The oscura is less malty that Negra Modelo, which gets rather hard to drink more than a couple at a time. A bit too sweet and very filling. Not a beer to be drinking on a hot, summer day while fishing.

I've had numerous skunk Pacificos over the years, but I do still like the beer when it's fresh. Bottles only; the skunk factor increases dramatically in cans.

But Pacifico in the top ten beers of the world? What a joke!!!
cool! I'll have to look around the neighborhood to see if anyone has it. these brazilian beer dispensers are amazing, but with the unpasteurized draft beer having only a 30 day shelf life, what do suppose they do with the out of date beer?? yup!:lol:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 07:54 PM

pacifico is best enjoyed in a frosty mug, after a day of TKT drinking, whilst saving the Ballast Point Yellowtail Pale Ale for the night cap!!!

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by weebray
Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
I've had too many "skunky" Pacificos. I think that sometimes the beer sits around in high temperatures too long on its way from the brewery to my Baja watering holes.

Whoa, have to call bs here. In 20+ yrs. my friends and I have consumed thousands of gallons of Pacifico and NEVER a skunky one. You must be confused with heineken.

Come to think about it, you're right about Heineken, sometimes it's skunky too. I have had skunky Pacifico ballenas. I guess I'm criticizing the delivery system from the brewery to my patio table, more than the beer. I think that beer is better fresh and that sitting around on pallets or in trucks at ambient temperature turns it skunky. I usually buy TKT light in Baja. The brewery is close by. Nothing special and a bit watery but usually fresh tasting and drinking a lot of water is good for your health. ((((((hic)))))8^)

[Edited on 8-23-2013 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.