BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Tell Us About Your Baja Nomad Avatar......
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 08:47 AM

I loved the work portion of my life while working in Rural Emergency Medical Services. I am now retired and loving this season of my life. JH
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 08:57 AM

Don Quixote, a dreamer tilting at windmills...
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 08:57 AM

Painting I did a while back...central Baja Pacific Coast.....shhhhhhh.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 12:21 PM

Bahia de San Francisquito.....just the coolest place in Baja to sit and spend a week doing absolutely nothing.....

Don't believe everything you think....
BigOly
Senior Nomad

Mood: Easy Birder

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 01:18 PM

My avatar: I was birding alone up an arroyo outside L.B. The air was hot, not a sound to be heard. No wind. Walking with no particular direction, looking to see whatever I may find. I see this one single bush. Maybe I subconsciously heard something, I don't know, but I was drawn to this thorny, mess of desert fauna to find a Red-tailed Hawk running away from me up a little hill.

I look down to the ground where the hawk had come from and I'm overwhelmed by the sick sight of two Red-tailed Hawks lying there, beheaded with feet remove and it's fresh. I hear another hawk above me screeching, scolding me to go away.
Some person had recently mutilated these fantastic creatures for a trophy. I'll never forget this youngster looking at me as I took this shot. My avatar.

[Edited on 9-30-2013 by BigOly]

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 01:23 PM

Interesting background on where these avatars came from. Thanks.

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 01:30 PM

My current avatar is a photo I took in Loreto. Sitting on that bench on the malecon is a must do when we visit Loreto.

I occasionally change up the photos with others I have taken in Baja.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
My current avatar is a photo I took in Loreto. Sitting on that bench on the malecon is a must do when we visit Loreto.

I occasionally change up the photos with others I have taken in Baja.

Yeah, I also liked that avatar you had recently of a taco stand or something in black and white? Cool photos you have.

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 01:43 PM
We could start an entire thread of that restaurant

Carmelita......RIP

Was being run by her son as recently as last Jan. when we were there. It is located by the Pemex in Jesus Maria.

[Edited on 9-30-2013 by tripledigitken]
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 03:42 PM

This is me toasting a rising full moon with a cold Margarita from the upstairs balcony of our house just North of Loreto.
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 03:50 PM

A magical and secret location somewhere along a well known but unspoken strip of Baja coastline. :saint:

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 05:30 PM

Like the other guy said, if i knew how to post one, i'd tell you about it. Went to the gig just like the 'help' section said, and there's "avatar url" spot. WTF is a url, (besides my second cousin twiced removed from my muther's side..."Ol' Url..." so how does one git one-o-them fayncy avatarios with only one star, anyways?

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 05:42 PM

my last name in chinese.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 05:43 PM

bajabuddha,

Let me first say I really like your addition to this site. You make the place a little more happier.

I too had issues putting an avatar up.

I think you need to upload a photo to Photobucket, then copy that URL code associated with that photo into the URL box on Nomads. Good luck.

acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 09:11 PM

great thread, thanks Ateo!

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 09:53 PM

Bajabudha, maybe Woody can lend you his.
Gaucho
Nomad

Mood: Bohemia por favor...

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 10:15 PM

Leaving Catalina on my retired lifeguard boat.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
Like the other guy said, if i knew how to post one, i'd tell you about it. Went to the gig just like the 'help' section said, and there's "avatar url" spot. WTF is a url, (besides my second cousin twiced removed from my muther's side..."Ol' Url..." so how does one git one-o-them fayncy avatarios with only one star, anyways?

Don't worry, we are here to help (well some of us, anyway)!

A URL is a web address (begins with http://) that works as a link to something on the Internet (or World Wide Web... www).

Photobucket.com is a popular free photo hosting site... That's how many of us share photos here on Nomad... and several have taken the time to upload photos at or below the requested 800 pixel wide size of Nomad. Those who don't cause the page and text to go wide off the monitor for Nomads with standard computer monitor screens.

The avatar must actually be much smaller, so upload yours at the 100x75 pixel size choice.

Here is what you will see in the FAQ link at the top of Nomad:

>>>How do I get my own picture (avatar) under my name?
Again in your profile there is a place for an 'Avatar' and avatar is the image under your name. Check with your Admin about the size of your avatar, it's usually considered common courtesy to use one under 150 pixels wide.<<<

So upload a photo or logo at 100x75 pixels to your Photobucket album, then paste its URL in the place for avatars in your profile section of your control panel... The control panel is in the upper right corner of the Nomad page and it is in blue... Just click on it!

===================================================

If you haven't seen the how to post a photo yet, here are the steps:

Here are the steps to post photos... just follow the steps:

1) Make an album on Photobucket.com for the subject or group of photos... or just to put photos you want to share on Nomad and other forums.

2) Set the size of the photos (does not reduce the quality) to fit here by clicking on your account name at the top of the Photobucket page.

3) Click on User Settings.

4) Click on Albums (top of page).

5) Scroll down and see Upload Options and just below that is 'Customize Upload Options', click on that.

6) Click 800 x 600 for maps or max. size to fill the Nomad page or click 640 x 480 for large size photos that don't fill the page. Avatars are 100 x 75 pixels. Nomad is an 800 pixel wide frame, and if you don't resize to 800 or less, the entire page will stretch off the standard monitor and require sideways scrolling. You only need to do this step once or if you wish to change it.

7) Click SAVE.

8) Click on the big 'Upload' box at the top center of the Photobucket page and simply select the photos you want from your PC folder.

These are now photos for Internet sharing on forums, like Baja Nomad, Talk Baja, Tacoma World, etc. You still have your original photos in your PC folder, untouched.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To show your photos on a Nomad page:

1) Place your mouse on the thumbnail photo in your Photobucket album and select the IMG link of the links box that pops up or is already there, copy that IMG link with your mouse (left click, right click, click copy).

2) On your Nomad post, paste the photo link by right clicking your mouse, and click paste.

Add a caption below the photo if desired and double space between photo links so there is a separation between them.

[Edited on 10-1-2013 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 10:28 PM

I thought you needed 50 posts before you get the option to add an avatar.

Mine is just a stray dog from Ensenada. She blinks. :D

EDIT - According to a 2009 post by Doug, it takes 25 posts before the avatar option becomes available.

[Edited on 10-1-2013 by bajadogs]
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2013 at 11:11 PM

Went fishing with Lavo from Hotel Pescadores in Los Barriles and this guy jumped on a marlin jig. My biggest to date and he made a few servings of ceviche. Fresh ceviche and an ice cold Pacifico..........:yes:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.