BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Nomads are tough crowd, but hang in there, it is worth it! Some help is offered:
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 02:23 PM
????????????????????????????????????????

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
others just prefer to be rude...

What in your OPINION, that you find to be rude, some others
may see it as light hearted sarcasim. That is solely your
opinion, nothing more. There are a few on this board who
view their own posts as the most valid. There is no one
here that knows it ALL about every Baja subject. Since
we're tossing around personal opinions, I think it very petty,
to nit pic on place name spelling. I view it rude,
to the host Country of Mex, to advise newbies or others
seeking advice on fmm's/tourist cards, not bother to
adhere to Mex Immigration regs because they don't
CHECK for them, the idea of tourism is to add a little
something to the Mex economy. or not make it a habit
to SOLELY spend Baja visits camping on a free beach
contributing nothing
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 08:03 PM

I can be rude! I have been rude! I will be rude! I don't want to be rude. I stop myself all the time from going off because somebody needs a place to shine. They call it helping others I call it taking the wonder out of the trip. There are many good ideas on this board.

If you are going to Baja you should be able to our own heavy lifting. You don't know how to airdown, should you driving that long sand /cobble stone beach? Many think, if they post here more will go. Some places are best left to the explorers and understand that more is not always better. Those poster's beaches and access to them are still open. I have seen Baja change and rarely is it better for the causal visitor camping their way down Baja.

If being rude makes somebody think before posting about a little gem way off the beaten path, then RUDE it is.
U2U should be used more often when it comes to those places we love the most.
I'm Mike and I'm a butthead. "HI MIKE"

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 04:24 PM

I don't mind rude or negitive if it adds to the conversation , but off topic or posts that adds nothing drive me crazy . Exsample question ...dose anyone know where I can find ? ..... Answer "I Have not been there in 20 but when I was ........"

[Edited on 11-24-2013 by freediverbrian]
BajaOkie
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 05:40 PM

Thanks for the topic!

I tried to become a big time contributer to the site a while back but was so hammered by some of the long time posters I gave up - in fact one said I either should marry my sister or whatever. . . . . I just wonder how many folks like me just now lurk as opposed to participating?

David, I am happy you used some of my photo's in your book and acknowledged it in the preface. Best of luck and you are welcome at our hacienda in Mulege at any time.

Take Care - KC
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 05:40 PM

I am talking about help and advice to Baja travellers which helps Baja business and that helps everyone.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MMc
I can be rude! I have been rude! I will be rude! I don't want to be rude. I stop myself all the time from going off because somebody needs a place to shine. They call it helping others I call it taking the wonder out of the trip. There are many good ideas on this board.

If you are going to Baja you should be able to our own heavy lifting. You don't know how to airdown, should you driving that long sand /cobble stone beach? Many think, if they post here more will go. Some places are best left to the explorers and understand that more is not always better. Those poster's beaches and access to them are still open. I have seen Baja change and rarely is it better for the causal visitor camping their way down Baja.

If being rude makes somebody think before posting about a little gem way off the beaten path, then RUDE it is.

^^^What he said!^^^

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by freediverbrian
I don't mind rude or negitive if it adds to the conversation , but off topic or posts that adds nothing drive me crazy . Exsample question ...dose anyone know where I can find ? ..... Answer "I Have not been there in 20 but when I was ........"

[Edited on 11-24-2013 by freediverbrian]

So, if one is not "current", then don't post-------does that sum up your position?

Me, I want all the info & opinions I can get, regardless of the time frame. I guess we see this differently, tho.

Barry
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
Originally posted by MMc

^^^What he said!^^^

Hmmmmm----sorta defeats the purpose of the NOMADS board, don't you think???? or ANY information "board" for that matter. One can always not post if they don't like the content of the board, I suppose, or specific comments by an individual!?!?!? I don't think that folks are REQUIRED to post----know what I mean?

But I do agree that 'knee-jerk' posting is often a waste of time and energy, but not always. Nobody on this board really upsets me-----it's just their opinions, and nothing more, normally.

Barry
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 06:52 PM

I have no issue if you are posting about your town, business, what ever, you have skin in the game a what ever happens you will be affected. My issue is posting about a place you drove by (?) years ago and giving the details all about it. The place changes and it doesn't effect you in anyway or shape. Posting about road conditions when you have not made the trip in more then a year is B S.

There are no secrets in Baja, there are still some gems that some of still want to enjoy a little longer before they to are overrun. Some of us have watched place that we love go to hell in a hand basket. Forgive me if I object to some guy promoting a place he hasn't been to in years, for his ego's sake.

I have helped out people that read about a place on this board that were completely unprepared. I spent hours getting them out of a jam. That is what Baja is about, however I was without if something went wrong with us. I would rather not drive 20 hours straight to find out it's been closed off, or they put up a bar, screwed it up. The more people go to spot the more likely it will happen. "Bad roads bring go people. Good roads bring bad people." everytime a road get driven on the better the road becomes. Sharing on U2U is a far better way then spewing on this board where thousands will see it.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 06:57 PM

WORD!

us surfers are a repugnant bunch, ain't we? no wonder we like to hang out alone instead of in hordes....

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 07:08 PM

Why do you two think Nomad viewers will ruin your surf break? Maybe just maybe they are just as worthy as you or a future friend? In any case, my input is only on dirt roads and has never ever tried to give away your surf spots.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 07:34 PM

Well said David! Congrats on your new,grand child:tumble:
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 07:38 PM

Some of my gems are on the east side and the middle of nowhere. I does not matter what the place is. I remember a cave painting tread that talked all about it.
It's not just about you by the way. Well maybe in your mind it is.:O

watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 08:47 PM

So, we're not supposed to help each other out?? Like the guy in another thread who was driving to Cabo in a 40' motorhome with his wife and kids and wanting to do a round trip in a week. Do you want to get stopped for a few hours while they scape him and a semi off the highway down by Jesus Maria because he was driving 90 mph at night trying to make it to the tip in two days? Com'on guys. A little help to the new guys coming up isn't bad. You were new once upon a time, and needed help. Can't keep secrets for ever. Look at Rincon on a good N. swell. All those "repugnant loners" out there.:cool:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
DocRey
Nomad

Mood: Cautiously Optimistic

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 08:51 PM

As an infamous criminal once said..."Can't we all get along?":lol:
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 09:07 PM

I get it...:light: I'll give an up to date report on the PSF to Bola road next week....:yes:

MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by watizname
So, we're not supposed to help each other out?? Like the guy in another thread who was driving to Cabo in a 40' motorhome with his wife and kids and wanting to do a round trip in a week. Do you want to get stopped for a few hours while they scape him and a semi off the highway down by Jesus Maria because he was driving 90 mph at night trying to make it to the tip in two days? Com'on guys. A little help to the new guys coming up isn't bad. You were new once upon a time, and needed help. Can't keep secrets for ever. Look at Rincon on a good N. swell. All those "repugnant loners" out there.:cool:

Did you see my posts on that thread?
Next time you get off the trade routs let's talk.

[Edited on 11-25-2013 by MMc]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MMc
Quote:

Learned long ago: if you find special solitude, don't share info with strangers, especially especially chatty Kathy's like dk!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by MMc
Quote:

Learned long ago: if you find special solitude, don't share info with strangers, especially especially chatty Kathy's like dk!

SELFISH, SELFISH-----------Mt. Goat you are SOOOOO selfish!!!! These are NOMADS, not hoi paloi riff-raft! :lol:

Barry
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.