Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: American Lady can use some uplifting
bajacalifornication
Junior Nomad

Mood: Maņana

[*] posted on 12-27-2013 at 06:36 AM

Hello nomads. Ok up date. Carol Champagne is in Sharp Chula Vista Room 457 B and she may go to a convalescen home for therapy. We took her to san diego the afternoon of the 24 and she had surgery the 25. She is doing fine. My mom is still waiting for surgery a broken hip but it doesn't look good for her. Anyone can call Carol at sharp Chula Vista while she is there.

Todo por servir se acaba. Y acaba por no servir.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-27-2013 at 08:30 AM

So you took Carol to Sharp and your mom still needs surgery on her hip? I thought your mom might have had a stroke and Carol was the one that needed surgery. How did you transport Carol, in your car with a broken hip? When you start a thread about someone needing visitors, it would be nice to keep us up to date as promptly as possible if the situation changed so we don't waste our time. :O
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-27-2013 at 08:55 AM

H O L I E R T H AN T H O U? From the amount of stuff you post, Doc. you must have a LOT of time on your hands...

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-27-2013 at 09:10 AM

Did I say that I think I am better than anyone else on this board? NO. I post a few lines a day which takes me 10 or 15 minutes and it appears I have a lot of time on my hands. I don't understand the story here that's it. Maybe someone here with a little more intelligence and insight can figure it out for me. As for time on my hands, I do not have a TV in my house so that cuts down on about 3 or 4 hours in a normal person's household.
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 12-27-2013 at 09:14 AM

Oh brother !!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sold out and got out !!!
bajacalifornication
Junior Nomad

Mood: Maņana

[*] posted on 12-28-2013 at 09:09 AM

I'm very sorry for all the Confusion I created. My Mother fell down and she broke her hip. I met Carol at the same hospital room that my mom was in. She was having a problem communicating with the staff. Carol fell down and broke her femur bone some where about midway between the hip and the knee. This
what she told us. The hospital in rosarito would not operate on her because there wasn't anybody that would be responsable for the bill. This information
Carol was not aware of. When I found out I ask Carol if she had insurance in the U.S.A. and she said yes. So we (my Wife and I) explained to her the situation with the hold up. Regarding her surgery and ask her if she wanted to go to a san diego area hospital she agreed. And then we got permission
from the rosarito hospital. The hospital Provided an ambulance. And I went with the ambulance to the border. The ambulance driver was alot of help to me. I was to call 911 when we arrived at the border and he told me not to worry he would handle it. We droved through the zentri lane on december 24 around 4:00 p.m. The U.S. officer ask the driver if he knew where to go and he responded yes to secondary. We went into the secondary area and were directed to a parking spot. An officer ask us information about the patient and then we let him know i was going with Carol to the san diego hospital so the officer check our I.D. Carol's and Mine. After the officer came back from checking id's. He ask Edgar the ambulance driver from Rosarito to call 911. Edgar exited the vehicle and went to make the call. After a few minutes we heard the siren. Another 5 to 10 minutes and the paramedics showed up walking. They had got stuck in traffic. So after they took Carol's
vitals and asking her the pertaining questions an ambulance arrived they change Carol from 1 to the other vehicle and went to Sharp Chula Vista.
Last night Carol called my wife and informed her that she's at a Convalescent home at Castle Manor 541 So. V Ave. National City Ca. 91950
Room 619 Tel. # 619-791-7900. The confusion regarding my mother and me mentioning a stroke. The docs. at the hospital in rosarito hospital informed us that she (my mom) may had suffered one. After a MRI (not sure) they say she did not suffer the stroke. But now it turns that she has stones in her gallbladder. And the docs. will not perform surgery on my mom. They are afraid she may not handle it. Because her age. 86 So Yesterday my family was to get together with this private doctor at his office in tj. To get a second opinion. I spent all day hurrying and waiting to find out nothing.
The moral of this story. When it comes to having surgery if you are able to do it in U.S. do not second guess it.

Todo por servir se acaba. Y acaba por no servir.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-28-2013 at 11:03 AM

Wow, BC you went above and beyond the call of duty!! So I gather Carol has no family willing to come down to Southern California either. One thing that confused me is that the Security Guard mentioned Michigan. Maybe you guys had to say you were family from Michigan to get her across the border. It's all good. I assume your mom doesn't have Medicare in the US. Just because you have stones in your gallbladder doesn't necessarily mean you need to operate. If your mom doesn't have any stomach pain or indigestion after eating, then why go through the surgery? From what you have mentioned in the posts that doesn't seem to be one of her problems at this time. I have seen many complications from abdominal surgery and of course if it is absolutely necessary go ahead. I remember going to a gynecologist in Mexico and he told me I needed a hysterectomy for a tumor, when I went for a second opinion they told me there was no tumor. Sometimes surgeons will tell you things like this to make money, as sad as it seems.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-28-2013 at 01:46 PM

Have to be honest, at first glimpse of this topic I thought it was an advertisement for a Mexican plastic/cosmetic surgeon.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.