Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: Mulege Pizza
baja2013

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 12:41 PM
Mulegemicheal

Mulegemicheal......I second your report on the big roaring truck...its unsafe and annoying...I have seen it happen in the orchard, in the oasis, on the highway, all over town
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 03:15 PM

If you guys bad mouth the owner one more time................NO PIZZA FOR YOU!!!!

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 03:25 PM

WTF does a truck have to do with Pizza? Other than the fact you guys dont have the stones to tell him about it? Grow some!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
If you guys bad mouth the owner one more time................NO PIZZA FOR YOU!!!!

:lol: not just the owner, the owners truck, the owners dogs,......
man, theres some angry ol' codgers in mulege!:o
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 04:06 PM

You betchum Red Ryder....

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 06:10 PM

When we travel in Mexico, the last thing we want to eat is pizza. Having grown up in New York and having spent a great deal of time in Boston and Chicago, I really haven't found a suitable pizza place in SoCal. Perhaps Cortina's in Anaheim comes closest with their NY style cheese pizza. That said, I can understand why folks who live in Baja, or spend most of their time in Baja would crave pizza. I'm just not going to order pizza during my travels. Too much good Mexican food.

I also knew the late Ed LaDou who was the guy that put Wolfgang Puck on the map by designing his pizzas. He also was the guy behind the pizzas at California Pizza kitchen. Later in life he opened a restaurant called Caioti in Laurel Canyon and later moved to North Hollywood. A great guy and I miss him. He passed a couple of years ago.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
WTF does a truck have to do with Pizza? Other than the fact you guys dont have the stones to tell him about it? Grow some!

A fast-movin' delivery truck... that would be nice.

And stones, pizza stones. Their pizzas are cooked directly on the adobe stone oven floor and have a crisped-edge crust from being quickly baked in the super-hot ironwood heat. Crusts are rolled out by hand when you order.

And yes, I understand a traveler's interest in seeking out authentic Mexican foods which we all love, but we locals love getting our pizza fix.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 08:09 PM

Baja is producing more fire-brick oven pizza joints....so they are offering Mexican food:light:

Rice and beans wear thin after a while:biggrin:

Try the pizza in El Triunfo and you will want to move there....their cinnamon rolls are the world's best.....or should I just eat Bimbo bread because it's "Mexican"?

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
The only downside of Gato Gordo pizza is...

Add closed Tue/Wed to the list. :?:

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 08:25 PM

Gato Gordo makes cinnamon rolls, too; they're yummy.

The owner Laura also made traditional bread for the Day of the Dead. We bought several to share with our family this year.

I'll ask her if she'll be making roscas for El Dia de Los Reyes. If so I'll be buying one. They're the ring-shaped bread decorated with candied fruit that are shared by Mexican families on The Day of Kings/12th Night. This marks the 12th night after Christmas and officially ends the Christmas holiday season but never the merry-making as this is Mexico and another holiday is just around the corner.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

And he's wearing a "scarf":lol::lol::lol:
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
The only downside of Gato Gordo pizza is...

Add closed Tue/Wed to the list. :?:

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by BajaNomad]
I think they're only closed on Tuesdays-- I'll check when I go to town.

edited to say to Marc just above "You get the pizza scarfin' award. That's Funny! Good'un!"

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by Mulegena]

Edited to give their hours of operation. They open at 5 pm Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday but are closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Gato Gordo Pizza
Open Thurs-Mon 5 pm 'til closing
Closed Tues & Wed

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by Mulegena]

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 09:11 AM

This Mulege pizza thread is pretty entertaining, only can't figure out how someone hadn't heard of "scarfing" down food!!
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
When we travel in Mexico, the last thing we want to eat is pizza. Having grown up in New York and having spent a great deal of time in Boston and Chicago, I really haven't found a suitable pizza place in SoCal. Perhaps Cortina's in Anaheim comes closest with their NY style cheese pizza. That said, I can understand why folks who live in Baja, or spend most of their time in Baja would crave pizza. I'm just not going to order pizza during my travels. Too much good Mexican food.

I also knew the late Ed LaDou who was the guy that put Wolfgang Puck on the map by designing his pizzas. He also was the guy behind the pizzas at California Pizza kitchen. Later in life he opened a restaurant called Caioti in Laurel Canyon and later moved to North Hollywood. A great guy and I miss him. He passed a couple of years ago.

Dangnabbit, I was going to go enjoy a nice pizza but now I have to forego it because it is somehow either politically incorrect to eat (scarf) or just does not culturally enhance my fung shui experience of Mexico. Does that mean it might upset my Karma or put my Chakras out of position?

And this is coming from the guy who informed us that Scotty's El Candil is no longer open on a regular basis.

Someone please save me from the insanity.

I can't wait to go try this now that I have been warned against it and will probably bring my portable drill to flatten three or four tires for good measure.:o:rolleyes:

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 09:37 AM

Iam always amazed at the knowledge level of folks who never spend time in Baja....Living in Mexico, fulltime as some of us do, does not mean we enjoy Mexican food every day. I have been known to eat a big rare ribeye now and then, and PIZZA......Come try it Pescador, I'l sacrifice a chicken to protect your Karma...........bring your own scarf...

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 09:43 AM

Really funny thread as I said, but most locals die for a taste of American food when living extended periods south of the border and vacationers want to eat nothing more than Mexican food for 2 weeks. I am hoping to see the group with their scarfs on!!
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 11:23 AM

I remember being very surprised by the pizza joint in BOLA. It's right next door to Costa del Sol and the reason for my surprise was that a native Italian was the owner and chef. Outstanding pizza, does anyone know the name of the place?

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
divemulege
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 10:58 AM

Funny Mulege Michael. I drive exactly 7 mph through Oasis, no more. My truck is a diesel and it might be loud but I never drive excessively fast! I am an ex firefighter and kids are very important to me. Fact is that we do not have kids in Oasis but it is always good to throw that in. My dogs were an issue and I have taken care of them. They have not been out for a month now since we secured the area they stay in. If you have a problem with me come and talk to me instead of hiding behind your keyboard. I will address any issues that you may have in a professional manner. We all have to live together and stop bashing the pizza you have never tried. If you go back on this thread this guy has been bashing us since day 1.

[Edited on 1-4-2014 by divemulege]

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 12:56 PM

Geez, Chick-Fil-A had their problems and a group got together to show support for them and the lines were unbelivable. Perhaps that is what we need to do for the Pizza place. I think I have a sudden hankering for scarfing pizza tonight. We usually play at La Bahia in San Lucas Cove on Saturdays, but there is some stupid football game on tonight that is going to take precedence, so guess I will go try the pizza.

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 01:32 PM

I went by there today and placed an order for our 5 pm Sunday outing, a grande size BBQ Chicken Pizza (with beans, extra)-- really good!

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.