Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Lo Bueno, Lo Malo y Lo Feo
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2014 at 12:12 PM

not that it helps now:rolleyes: but how about lojack for your scoot! in mexico!

http://www.guidepointsystems.com/motorcycles/mcfaq.html
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-27-2014 at 12:16 PM

Nomads,
Thanks for the support....and I am doing all I can to make an effort to get it back: Posters, reward, local business man with his ear to the ground, etc.

Shari, I am looking at this in different ways....trying to both make sense of it and learn from it....

Don't believe everything you think....
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2014 at 01:11 PM

So sorry to hear this Ged. Sounds like you're doing every thing possible to get this baby of yours back. I have a feeling, a strong feeling there will be a happy ending.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-27-2014 at 03:31 PM

My sincere sympathies, Ged. Being robbed also robs some of your compassion for your fellow man, no matter where it happens.

I can say from personal experience that rewards do indeed work. My home was burglarized just once.... a long time ago when I had to fly north for a funeral. Home invasion hurts, and I don't like being a victim, so I offered a big reward for the capture and imprisonment of the criminal. Word spread via my reward posters, plus mi amigos in Coyote and Mulege helped to spread the word, locals and foreigners alike. He was soon captured and all of the stolen items were returned. Oddly, this character turned out to be a US citizen...bumming around Baja and robbing homes. Many residents thanked me for doing what they believed was a deterrent to crime. I hope the same happens in your case.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
sarkmych

[*] posted on 1-27-2014 at 05:57 PM

Ged, I'm just sick to my stomach about this....I'm so sorry this had to happen to you. F'n Basturds!!
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2014 at 07:53 PM

Dang GED! That hurts! Best of luck resolving this. It's amazing, at least to me, the bond you can develop with a piece of machinery like an adventure bike. Have you posted info on advrider.com? I'll throw a "heads-up" on the KLR forum.

:fire:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 02:08 AM

Nomads,
My bike has been returned and I have paid the $15,000 peso posted reward for the "no questions asked" posters I put up this morning at 5 places (mostly garages that work with off-road vehicles)....but more probably because of the help from Kiki here at his RV Camp Hotel and his connections and involvement.

I can't express the range of emotions I have experienced since the theft Saturday night....and the amazing event of its return...and all those personal internal and external experiences in the time between.

I thank you for your empathy and support regarding this part of my adventure here in this place we all love....for its blessings and challenges.

From the depths of my heart, I appreciate the understanding and well-wishing from you. :saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint:

[Edited on 1-28-2014 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 03:03 AM

Glad to hear you got the bike back, Thats one of my biggest concerns no matter where I'm riding.
15.000 peso's to get back what you own has gotta sting.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 05:28 AM
Resolution

Happy you got the bike back, dirt bags obviously like the cash.

Seems as though I should know about Kiki's - but obviously I've forgotten. Is it a campground/RV place? Out by Reuben's?

John M
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 05:41 AM

What a great post to wake up to :D So happy for you Ged.
nobaddays
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 05:46 AM

Kiki's is the north half of the old Rubens camp and restaurant. Kiki is the son of Rubens brother Alvaro.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 05:47 AM

I'm so glad to read this and happy for you GED. I can only imagine how it feels.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 05:55 AM

Great news!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 06:25 AM

Ged, you did hand over those experimental, self igniting $100 bills i gave you, right?

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 06:36 AM

Woooo Hoooo...now THAT is some good news this morning!!! Yup...rewards sure work and diligent ground work...being a good guy helps as others will want to go the distance to help you. Well done on all fronts...whew.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 07:18 AM

Great news!!!!!

Just curious, where was the bike when it was stolen? Were you at Kiki's, was it in the back of your truck or out (I'm guessing out), etc...

Thanks, and I'm sooo glad you got it back!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 07:44 AM

Excellent. So happy for you! Now on to trapping the rats!
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 08:02 AM

Glad we had the chance to "scarf Pizza" together and was really glad that you got the bike back. That is some expensive tuition but it helps to bring closure.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
My sincere sympathies, Ged. Being robbed also robs some of your compassion for your fellow man, no matter where it happens.

I can say from personal experience that rewards do indeed work. My home was burglarized just once.... a long time ago when I had to fly north for a funeral. Home invasion hurts, and I don't like being a victim, so I offered a big reward for the capture and imprisonment of the criminal. Word spread via my reward posters, plus mi amigos in Coyote and Mulege helped to spread the word, locals and foreigners alike. He was soon captured and all of the stolen items were returned. Oddly, this character turned out to be a US citizen...bumming around Baja and robbing homes. Many residents thanked me for doing what they believed was a deterrent to crime. I hope the same happens in your case.

Roger, after Julio when I was able to return to San Nicolas to pick up the pieces of those 15 years, the only theft I could prove was by a gringo of a similar description. Your thief wasn't a tall thin, almost certainly undocumented, alcoholic whose name is both a proper noun and an adjective, was he? The "dick" I'm talking about still lurks in the area.

My hope for San Filipe is that while Ged didn't ask questions, SOMEONE who didn't make that promise is asking questions and and there is the possibility that someone will get burned at the stake for their lifestyle.

After Julio,when I arrived, my Mexican neighbors came to me to ask if they could BUY the things that hadn't been stolen. They knew what was there and hadn't touched it literally for months. The loss of personal treasures without much monetary value still breaks my heart.:fire:

Ged, I'm happy for you brother!

[Edited on 1-28-2014 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 1-28-2014 at 10:02 AM

Ged, happy for the good outcome. I know how I would feel if one of my bikes were stolen.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.