BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Don't buy your meat in Mexico and bring it back to the USA
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 10:57 AM

You know Greengoes I have always maintained that you are a troll. How I know that is that you don't even post on the other site which means you are probably a member from there under another name. By the way, I don't believe you even live in Ensenada. So tell me, how is an anonymous poster who talks to cats able to criticize anyone else? You probably never crossed the border into Mexico in the past 10 years.
Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
........(Don't tell me because it was in English, because the agent told me that many egg cartons are from the US that are sold in Mexico).....

They have been trained to spot the cheap knockoffs of egg cartons, watches, handbags and medicines.

Abie also said they are trained to spot knockoff doctors too.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:00 AM

Thank you DavidK and Dasubergeek for the tips!!

[Edited on 5-15-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
I think what upset me was that I had bought it in the US and they wouldn't allow me to return with it. Sorry I can't voice my concerns here without being pounced on.

You've been on this board long enough to have grown
thicker skin, that's just the way it is here, EVERYONE gets
a shot taken at them, don't take it personally, a little
sarcasim never hurt anyone. Read of a guy crossing back
into AZ. nothing to declare he said, Customs found something
like 3 avocados, fined him $280
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:38 AM

Yes you are right. My dad used to say I need a thicker skin. I wonder why they allow those Mexican truckers with all those fruits and vegetables in. Is there any quality control for them?
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:43 AM

When I crossed with an RV full of stuff, I gave up and told the guy in the booth "I'm not too sure (what to declare)" that I've got...

I always laugh at the guy in the Camper who told Customs in Nogales, "Nothing to Declare" and they found forty bottles of tequila hidden inside. I saw the camper with cones around it at secondary, then the following day I read about his arrest in the Arizona Republic. It's been a lot of years and I've forgotten the fine, but it was staggering. Like fifteen thousand dollars. he was in jail. Sure learned me.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:43 AM

The limits set for alcohol applies no matter where it is purchased. There is also a limit on how much alcohol you can bring into Mexico.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
The limits set for alcohol applies no matter where it is purchased. There is also a limit on how much alcohol you can bring into Mexico.

And make sure you don't take guns or ammo into Mexico even if you are a marine....:light: Or more than $10,000 cash.

[Edited on 5-15-2014 by Bajaboy]

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Yes you are right. My dad used to say I need a thicker skin. I wonder why they allow those Mexican truckers with all those fruits and vegetables in. Is there any quality control for them?

they declared them:light:

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:18 PM

My mangoes cannot travel further north than Culiacan or Queretaro. There they have to undergo a hot water wash to certify them to proceed. The hot water wash requires a certificate. The certificate requires a new car or boat or addition to la casa chica annually.

The California avocado lobby is responsible for the ban on avocados. They will be damned if they will get cheated out of earning a dollar a fruit. The ban is not over disease, or pests. The ban is purchased.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
wiltonh
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:26 PM

If you boil the eggs they are okay.

We have made the mistake of having a fresh egg in the fridge twice. With the length of the lines there was probably time to boil them in the RV before while waiting in line.
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:27 PM

About 10 years ago, my wife and I were crossing back into the US at Mexicali. I happened to have an 18 pack of Coors Light with me, purchased in the US, but not consumed while in Baja. Without a receipt, however, I couldn't prove that I didn't purchase the beer in Mexico, and off to Secondary we went.

And no, we didn't go to Mexico to smuggle Coors into the US.

And please don't mock me for drinking watery American rat urine.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:31 PM

but what is different from the fruits they let in on the trucks vs. the fruits that even though we declare them they don't allow into the US? Are they sprayed with paraquat or what?
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:

they declared them:light:
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha

Far's the ''pouncing'' is concerned, that's the primary Sport of Nomads. You've certainly studied geriatric caregiving in your profession; it's what impotent old women with testicles do when frustrated, bored, and angry at the world for going on without them. Kinda like the VFW's and Legion Posts...

well said, i feel sorry for the over-aged school yard bullies. i doesn't take much of a man to take swings from behind a keyboard
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:41 PM

I owned a 18 wheel truck and used to haul a lot of produce to and from Otay Mesa . I used to back up to the dock in Otay and have to wait for the inspectors from Mexico to get there, I hauled a lot of Potatos from Colorado to Otay that were bound for Calimax in Baja
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Don't look for sympathy with this bunch. I'm trolling now, I WANT someone to make a smartassed remark about this response...

:lol::lol::lol::lol: cuz what's gonna happen then?????

Don't believe everything you think....
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 01:15 PM

The presence of the avocado weevil (Heilipus lauri Boh.) in California, where it was probably introduced from Mexico in avocado seeds, caused the Federal Horticultural Board to prohibit the importation of seeds of the Mexican race from Mexico and Central America. This insect is a small black beetle which tunnels in the seeds, and is said to do considerable damage.

Read more: http://chestofbooks.com/gardening-horticulture/fruit/Tropica...

Go ahead and import seedless avocados.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 01:41 PM

BTW, I have it on recent fact from the Border Enforcement folks jut a few weeks ago that alcohol is now federally controlled on the amount you can return with. Used to be it was up to each State, now it's ONE LITER per person or one six-pack of beer (sorry, didn't ask about tobacco). To enter Mexico you're allowed 3 liters per person. That's verbatim from The Man.

Far's i'm concerned, just tests your recent how-to-hide-it skills, and the key is don't get greedy. Ain't worth the hassle. I take a lot more with me going south than coming back north for sure; mordida is easier to control with Los Jefes.

Also, coming north and you're in an RV, you WILL be sent to secondary no matter what; a nice border guard (yes, I finally met ONE) told me it's all about the agriculture and food inspection, because so many people think they're good but have contraband anyway, mainly because they've screwed up, down, and over all the rules so many times nobody really can know, so just expect secondary, period.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 01:47 PM

Past few years, I have not found it worthwhile to bring booze back from Mexico. Most things can be purchased from big discount stores cheaper, same brands. And like Buddha, I have taken a vow of abstinence....

greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
You know Greengoes I have always maintained that you are a troll. How I know that is that you don't even post on the other site which means you are probably a member from there under another name. By the way, I don't believe you even live in Ensenada. So tell me, how is an anonymous poster who talks to cats able to criticize anyone else? You probably never crossed the border into Mexico in the past 10 years.

You forgot to speculate on the 5 lb. ball of belly button lint I claimed to have.

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by StuckSucks
About 10 years ago, my wife and I were crossing back into the US at Mexicali. I happened to have an 18 pack of Coors Light with me, purchased in the US, but not consumed while in Baja. Without a receipt, however, I couldn't prove that I didn't purchase the beer in Mexico, and off to Secondary we went.

And no, we didn't go to Mexico to smuggle Coors into the US.

And please don't mock me for drinking watery American rat urine.
interestingly enough coors uses the taller thinner 209 can compared to the standard 211 cans everyone else uses, but the coors you buy down here uses the standard size can. now if the border patrol guys drank the silver bullet, it would have been obvious that beer came from the good ol'USofA!:yes:
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.